Sign in to follow this  

And let the PC build begin ...

Nano 's Decibel Level: 39 dB

http://www.jbjchillers.com/contents/en-us/p10794.html

have you worked with chillers before for any application?

you will also need a reservoir since you don’t have a tank,

be advised: unless you’re running a commercial 2hp unit;

you will not be able to do an inline setup if that’s what you were thinking about,

the scenarios are endless of how you could pull this;

the chiller will have to  match your tank and heat decapitation expectation,

Technically the bigger the tank/res the more control and less fluctuation you will have to deal with,

but each case is very specific to the environment it’s in,

I’d be very leery doing something like this; condensation is unenviable

You need to look at the chiller setup as a separate standalone and self-contained application,

You’re only interaction with the system is through a second (or third/forth) pump pushing the chilled water from the res to your rad line,

For mission critical applications; a dual pump is the way to go (inline or crossed for passing the water through the chiller),

the same goes for the pumps pushing into your rad line,

I recommend the use of magnetic pumps by MAG,

(be sure to account  for line , length, elevation and drops, as well as matching GPH ratings between your res and chiller etc...)

Hi Chris, I've done phase change before and had to deal with condensation and motherboard prep, etc. etc. ... it was A LOT of work and the heat it produces was crazy, increased my office temps by 10F.

I looked at these Hailea: http://www.performance-pcs.com/hot-hailea-hc-500a-110v-1-2hp-790watt-cooling-capacity-waterchiller.html - looks interesting and considerably less that the Koolance here: http://www.performance-pcs.com/new-koolance-exc-800-portable-800w-recirculating-liquid-chiller.html

The Koolance unit is setup to deal with condensation, just need to make sure I don't go so cold as to cause any condensation at the monoblock.

But again it's all about the noise level 39 db is pushing my tolerance (that's a little louder than all my fans at 100%).  Running my fans a 70% is about 27 db which my noise level target.  (and yes I do have a db meter).

The second loop for the Titan X's even under high OC in SLI with max loads seems to be more than adequate, 102 F.

Great info, appreciate it.

Cheers, Rob.

with pleasure Rob,

remember you do have the option to relocate the chiller out to a closet, a cabinet or even outside the room; while keeping the res closer to you,

check this out

JBJ Chiller size calculator - http://chiller.jbjlighting.com/prod_chiller_size.asp

and a comparison for the family group size (nano)

http://skyjuiceiswater.blogspot.co.il/2012/11/selecting-nano-aquarium-chillers.html

I did a little more OC testing tonight ... I was able to hit 4.6 using a higher BCLK (132 x 35) and only needing 1.375v on the Core.  Still higher than I would like but what the heck, I purchased ($35) the Intel Performance Tuning Plan so if I do damage the CPU I can claim ONE free replacement.

I've been trying to locate concrete information about i7 5960X core voltage maxes ... found an Intel doc here: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/processors/core/core-technical-resources.html but I only see life expectancy based on thermals at 200+ F life is 700-2500 hrs.  I'm well below that even in a stress test and when running P3D I'm around 100-103 F.

When I press anyone that comes up with a i7 5960X max voltage value for some verifiable evidence of said value, I get no response or "a friend of a friend from his sister at Intel said...".  I've seen a few videos of people at 4.75 Ghz and 4.8 Ghz using a high BCLK but zero details on what they used via AI Suite 3 or via EFI ... just videos of CPU-Z which really does tell me anything other than "see look".

Cheers, Rob.

If you run CB15 1.4v can you do it at 4.8ghz , if not bad CPU

The early batches was crap some of them only hit 4.6 with custom loop and Max 5..0-5.1 with kryo cooling.

If you run CB15 1.4v can you do it at 4.8ghz

CB15 - CineBench R15 benchmark software?  Rather than using RealBench stress test?

Cheers, Rob.

A normal 5960x CPU shall run Cinebench R15 @4.8ghz 1.4v , if not Its a bad one.

If it do 4.6-4.7 1.4v Its a really bad one.

Only to now if Its a bad CPU.

Then start tweak , you now what you have to work with

The new J batches ar better.

I've been trying to locate concrete information about i7 5960X core voltage maxes

Rob, I work up here in Oregon and know a few engineers at intel (across the street from me), I will see if anyone can get some concrete info for you.

No promises, but I can ask.

Flight Simulator's - Prepar3d V5.3/MSFS2020 | Operating System - WIN 10 | Main Board - GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO | CPU - INTEL 9700k (5.0Ghz) | RAM - VIPER 32Gig DDR4 4000Mhz | Video Card - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 ULTRA Monitor - DELL 38" ULTRAWIDE | Case - CORSAIR 750D FULL TOWER | CPU Cooling - CORSAIR H150i Elite Push/Pull | Power Supply - EVGA 1000 G+ 

I will see if anyone can get some concrete info for you.

Many thanks ... I have resource here also, but he's gone MIA so whatever you can dig up is appreciated.

A normal 5960x CPU shall run Cinebench R15 @4.8ghz 1.4v , if not Its a bad one.
If it do 4.6-4.7 1.4v Its a really bad one.

That's a bit generic, do you have any more specific information like EFI settings (DRAM settings, etc. etc.)?

Cheers, Rob.

The easy way to pin out if you get a good CPU , is fast take approx 1hour.

Run CB15 @4.5ghz no need for high uncore fast mem etc.

Start with 1.4v run bench then decrease vcore until CB15 fail.

A good one pass CB15 @4.5 with less than 1.2v if it need 1.3 Its crap really good 1.12-1.15v.

You cant do miracle with a bad boy .

Then start tweak it with a vcore you feel confortable with 1.35-1.37 with water cooling.

Doing stresstest that you prefer to get it stable

Some get stable at 4.8-4.9 the bad boys 4.2-4.4

If you get a bad one say 4.3 with Chiller it do approx 4.4-4.5 but if you have a good one 4.8-4.9 on custom loop and 5ghz with Chiller at 16-18c.

Ive built my Skylake 6700K PC to replace my Sandy Bridge 2700K. Results are shown here:  http://www.avsim.com/topic/329116-fsxmark11/page-49.

Looking at the FSMark11 listing Skylake at 4.5Ghz roughly equates to Sandy Bridge at 5.2Ghz (There seems to be one or two anomalies in the chart, possibly where WideAspect=True was not set in test).

4.5 Ghz at around 1.25V is easily achievable at a temperature 45C using Realbench which more accurately reflects FSX/P3D load. Prime95 is around 1.32V around 60C  (Noctua NH D15 dual fan cooler, voltage in offset mode).

4.6Ghz is also easily achivable. Not willing to go above 1.35V permanently at the moment.

Regards

Howard

H D Isaacs

The 6700k is nice, good performance at 4,5 like 4770k -4790k@4.7 with fast ram.

Sandy Bridge you was kind with 5.2 think Its more 5.3-5.4

The spread sheet have some odd results and not updated.

Good work Howard.

Think the 6700k can do avg 60 @ 4.9 with 3200 cl12.

That is you not close to with a 5960x not even at 5.2ghz