Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[07FEB15] PMDG 777-200LR/F & 300ER for P3D Released!

I started out being outraged there was no discount for FSX owners,

Look at it this way, there was a substantial introductory discount for everyone.

Angry girlfriend that will never understand.

And you're gonna miss her LOL

Reminds me of country song about wife that demands that it's either her or the fishin' ..... and I'm gonna miss her.

Dan Downs KCRP

This is the best upgrade yet. When comparing the 777 to FSX capabilities in P3D, the difference is just too great to explain. You just have to see and hear it for your self when you get it. You won't be dissapointed.

Well, I bit the bullet. You know how it works, I started out being outraged there was no discount for FSX owners, then I thought about the fact that one day it'll be upgraded to 64-bit, and that I had to use the potential of the ~$400 GTX970 I just bought, and well, I couldn't pass on the promo price. Expensive week.

GTX970, tax and shipping: $400

777L/W for P3D: $120

FlyTampa YYZ: $30

All the fun I'll have: priceless No it's not. Thousands of dollars. Expensive hobby. Angry girlfriend that will never understand.

Still, for all of this, (thank god) there's Mastercard!

Will report back. :)

There are "things" my wife will never find out about :-) and if they come up? It was always there, you just never paid attention :-D

Now comes the hard decision.

Do I migrate from FSX to the Steam version, and eat my investment in P3D, or do I eat my MD-11, 737, 747, 777 investments and commit to P3D all the way.

I have this weird feeling that Lockheed Martin could walk away from P3D any time they wish and not even feel it. It's hard to gauge their level of commitment to the product.

I really like the way P3D looks, but something just doesn't add up when it comes to a company like Lockheed owning this software and making it available to the public. 

I guess I have a few weeks to think it over before the price gets jacked up.

Bob Donovan - KBOS

• Hardware: i7 11700k on ROG Strix Z590 ► Asus ROG GeForce 3070 ►FDS 737 FMC ► VRInsight 737 Overhead ► GoFlight TQ6 ADV ► Thrustmaster Warthog
  • Software: P3D ► MSFS ► XP11 ► DCS World

Bob, what's the worst that can happen?  If 2.5 is the last one they make, it'll still be a sim 9 years newer than FSX.

sig01.png

Bob, what's the worst that can happen? If 2.5 is the last one they make, it'll still be a sim 9 years newer than FSX.

Many FSX products are compatible with P3D. It's worth switching over.

Bob, what's the worst that can happen?  If 2.5 is the last one they make, it'll still be a sim 9 years newer than FSX.

Good point Max. It's about making a choice which product will continue to be developed and supported because it's not a small financial decision to change our minds if companies will release separate P3D and FSX versions.

It's just a decision I have to make and PMDG decision not to have a license migration or dual license woke me up to the fact that products will not be cross compatible forever. Lockheed and Dovetail will take the software in their own direction and cross compatibility will diminish. So I'm at a crossroads right now. I want the most solid platform with a large choice of realistic add-ons in the future. I'd hate to put all my money behind P3D only to find their licensing is prohibitive for consumer developers. At the same time, I don't want Dovetail to turn FSX into Microsoft Flight either. I have time to think it over...

Many FSX products are compatible with P3D. It's worth switching over.

Yep. Been there, doing that, use it a lot and find it completely stable (knock wood). I probably would have deleted FSX if the PMDG products were straight away compatible with P3D.

Bob Donovan - KBOS

• Hardware: i7 11700k on ROG Strix Z590 ► Asus ROG GeForce 3070 ►FDS 737 FMC ► VRInsight 737 Overhead ► GoFlight TQ6 ADV ► Thrustmaster Warthog
  • Software: P3D ► MSFS ► XP11 ► DCS World

Good point Max. It's about making a choice which product will continue to be developed and supported because it's not a small financial decision to change our minds if companies will release separate P3D and FSX versions.

It's just a decision I have to make and PMDG decision not to have a license migration or dual license woke me up to the fact that products will not be cross compatible forever. Lockheed and Dovetail will take the software in their own direction and cross compatibility will diminish. So I'm at a crossroads right now. I want the most solid platform with a large choice of realistic add-ons in the future. I'd hate to put all my money behind P3D only to find their licensing is prohibitive for consumer developers. At the same time, I don't want Dovetail to turn FSX into Microsoft Flight either. I have time to think it over...

Yep. Been there, doing that, use it a lot and find it completely stable (knock wood). I probably would have deleted FSX if the PMDG products were straight away compatible with P3D.

This is really a conversation for another place, but as it's come up I'll just say one thing, if you are worried about future development, look at DTG and how they have handled the Train Simulator engine since they took it over (take a look at Metacritic comments).  

As someone who has a foot in both Train and Flight Sim camps, I'll just say that as soon as I heard DTG took over the FSX licence, I was glad I'd thrown my hat in with Prepar3D...

Regards

Jamie Denton

Would you please help me to get rid of my doubts?

I am ready to purchase PMDG 777 for Prepar3d. In my opinion Lockheed is working much better than Dovetail.

1. Is SP1 included in the installer?

2. Is PMDG going to continue with the traditional download site for updates or Operation Center will be the system for this? I ask because I will be using the simulator sometimes for long weeks without any internet connection. Using the traditional way it is possible to download the updates and save in a memory to bring where the simulator is.

Thank you in advance for any information.

Rafael Rodriguez

1. Is SP1 included in the installer?

Whenever you purchase our products, you're purchasing the most up to date installer as of that moment. We don't like subjecting our new customers to installing and then installing a ton of fixes just to get up and running if we can avoid it.

2. Is PMDG going to continue with the traditional download site for updates or Operation Center will be the system for this?

Traditional site until otherwise notified.

Kyle Rodgers

Whenever you purchase our products, you're purchasing the most up to date installer as of that moment. We don't like subjecting our new customers to installing and then installing a ton of fixes just to get up and running if we can avoid it.

Traditional site until otherwise notified.

Thank you very very very much Kyle. I scratch my head every minute thinking how you have created such a spectacular series of airplanes. I am a veteran of Eastern Airlines. The newest bird I enjoyed those days is 757. These 737s of yours are real airplanes. You are unique! Thank you for keeping me flying almost for free!

Rafael

Reminder:

Do not engage in discussions of pricing policy, or arguments about comparative economics. The only thing these discussions truly prove (to me, at least) is that people are pretty poor at metaphorical speech and economic principles.

Kyle Rodgers