Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[08FEB15] Operations Center: A quick note...

Captains-

When we updated the Operations Center a few days ago, I accidentally broke two important functions that were fixed in an update that we just pushed out to you via the auto-updater.

The two functions were: 

1) Automatic repair of the aircraft.cfg file to repair installed liveries.

2) Manual installation of liveries.

We got a nice email from Alex Farmer (GoldStar Textures) explaining what he saw happening- and since this is an important capability to keep guys like Alex moving forward- I have spent the entire evening tonight making sure we got a fix rolled out ASAP.

The OC is serving as a good test process for us right now as we build toward proving real time product updates via the OC- and I think an "accidental break" like this was a good test of how that flexibility can benefit everyone...

To update your OC- just run it... and follow the flag at the top....

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Captains-

When we updated the Operations Center a few days ago, I accidentally broke two important functions that were fixed in an update that we just pushed out to you via the auto-updater.

The two functions were: 

1) Automatic repair of the aircraft.cfg file to repair installed liveries.

2) Manual installation of liveries.

We got a nice email from Alex Farmer (GoldStar Textures) explaining what he saw happening- and since this is an important capability to keep guys like Alex moving forward- I have spent the entire evening tonight making sure we got a fix rolled out ASAP.

The OC is serving as a good test process for us right now as we build toward proving real time product updates via the OC- and I think an "accidental break" like this was a good test of how that flexibility can benefit everyone...

To update your OC- just run it... and follow the flag at the top....

Thanks.

Júnior Silva

Robert, I don't want/need the FSX:SE updates as I don't have the Steam Edition and have clicked on "Ignore" numerous times when running the Ops Ctr, but each time I open it again, those updates are right back there waiting for me to download. Is this normal?

Get some sleep Mr Randazzo!!!!

Great service as always. Thank you!

Rob

Rob Bates
Simming since the age of 10 with MSFS 5.0

P3D v5.0 | 10700K (@stock) | EVGA GTX1080Ti SC2 | Z490-E ROG STRIX | 32GB 3600MHz | 970 EVO Plus M.2 & EVO 850 SSDs | H115i cooling | NZXT H440 Case | Samsung 32" CJG 1440p Curved Monitor | Virtual-Fly Ruddo & TQ3+ | Thrustmaster FCS Sidestick | Skalarki MCDU

Ask me about (my most flown): FSLabs A320-X series | MaddogX
In the hangar: Majestic Q400 Pro | PMDG 747 | A2A C182, Cherokee, Comanche & Spitfire

Just tried doing that and my Op Center first flagged up 'Unable to update', asked to do a restart, then it completely disappeared from the Start menu. But it is still in Progam Files(x86).

Quite odd. So, cannot update or install liveries, for the newly-bought P3D versions.

Matthew-

The OC updates whenever we pass it fixes.  It covers our entire product line, so it will keep pestering you until you get the full, latest version installed.  You can't cherry pick what you want in place.  The reasons for that will become more evident as we continue to advance the OC to manage your entire PMDG product line.

Rick-

Odd...  I'm not sure what you are seeing.

We are preparing a manual installer for the OC so that users can get a copy of it for a simple manual download if needed- but until we accomplish that I would do the following:

Go to your <wherever>/Program Files(x86)/PMDG Operations Center folder.

Delete the entire folder...  (the folder itself, including contents)

Reboot the machine.

Do a full uninstall/reinstall of the product that brought you OC in the first place.  (Normally the 777?)

Run the OC.

That **should** work....

If it doesn't- go to our support portal and open a ticket.  One of us will work with you from there to investigate what the problem seems to be.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Thanks, Robert.

I found it as I stated earlier, located in C:\Program Files(x86), and just did a Send To from there to the desktop as a shortcut. That will do me for now, as I could access the Livery Downloader and Liver Manager, which is what I was originally trying to do to install some repaints other than the House repaints, for the newly acquired P3D versions.

No big problem, really. It's just that (a)it asked me to Update, which I did, and then (b)promptly disappeared after asking me to reboot.

Now that I have your solution, will attend to it.

Hi,

Thank you so much for your help with my last issue, it's all sorted now. The only thing is, I don't have the FSX version of the PMDG 777 (as I did a recovery of my hard drive and hence don't have FSX installed yet) and I don't have the operation center. I was expecting there to be an option to install the Operations centre but I haven't found anywhere I can obtain it from. Please help!

Thank you :)

EDIT: I'm really stupid, I just saw it automatically installed it for me. Thanks, ignore the above!!

Robert, I don't want/need the FSX:SE updates as I don't have the Steam Edition and have clicked on "Ignore" numerous times when running the Ops Ctr, but each time I open it again, those updates are right back there waiting for me to download. Is this normal?

I get the same thing - wasn't sure if it's by design or not or even "ticket worthy" so I've just been putting up with it the few times I go into OC... anybody else got a comment?

Lance Smith

Hi Robert,

I believe that automating the maintenance functions through the OC is an excellent idea. However, I do have some concerns with its current design.

I don't understand why I am being offered any non-binary update options. This is because I cannot imagine ever wanting to have an out-of-date version of the OC. Surely I should be asked 'Do you wish to update now or later?'

I also do not understand what I am being offered by the 4 notifications flagged:

1. The notification labelled 'PMDG 777 - FSX: New update available' gives a 'More Info' button which exposes no additional information on why I would want the update, and a reference to a change log to which I have no apparent access.
  2. The notification labelled 'PMDG 777 - FSX-SE: New update available' is irrelevant to me because I do not have SE installed. The OC, I would have thought, could see this is true of my PC.
  3. I have 2 notifications labelled 'PMDG 777-300ER' whose 'More Info' buttons give me no further useful information. I do have both the B77L and B77W versions installed, so perhaps one of the duplicates is misnamed?

Surely it would be much cleaner if I was offered just a 'do I want to update now yes/no?' without any further questions. Then I could rely completely on OC keeping my already-installed PMDG software completely up to date.

Perhaps I have missed an obvious point?

Regards, Richard

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

I also do not understand what I am being offered by the 4 notifications flagged:

I faced the same issue  Richard   finally had enough of getting the same notifications,   so finally downloaded the 200 and 300   and installed them now I don't get  the you got 4 updates all the time.

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Wow, and we don´t even have to pay for this service? No 20 Dollar price tag? So humble....really, thanks so much!

Nils Schloemp

I only have the pmdg 737 ngx and expansion aircrafts, how can i get my hands on the Operations Center and install it??