Sign in to follow this  
Branech

Problem with VoxATC and P3D V2.5

Hello,

I inform you of the following problem with the P3D V2.5: the VoxAtc indexer crashes at this file "d:\program files (x86)\lockheed martin\prepar3d v2\scenery\1003\scenery\OBX84280.bgl"

You will need to email the Dev as he doesnt hang out here and wont know. I recently emailed him because FSX-SE isnt supported and he said he will look at next month or so..

Does it crash or hang? On v2.4 I was experiencing hanging on quite possibly the same file. I eventually killed the task, ran ît again and it worked.

I do not have a VoxATC v2 \ DLL.XML (Why?  Mystery...).

Fortunately, I made a backup of my C drive and I copied pasted what was missing.

Right Now the problem is solved.

+1, same problem

Installer freezes somewhere on OBX scenery. Tried REVO uninstaller to perform clean install, but no go.

Back to 2.4 for me for the moment as cannot find an answer hopefully the devs pick up on this have sent an email

FYI,

The developper (Tegwyn West) said in an email received today that an update for P3D will be available this week.

Correct, version 6.50 updated for Prepar3D version 2.5 released Feb 16. Will install tonight

FYI. This installation problem has resurfaced with the new P3D 12943 hotfix. Installations stops at indexing sceneries. I sent a message to Tegwyn to see if an update will arrive soon.

EDIT: Re-downloaded the software from the website and it installed properly. Will test and report back.

I have the latest hotfix and yes it stops but will carry on and complete after about 30 secs believe there is a new hotfix coming out very soon and cant speak for that

and yes it stops but will carry on and complete after about 30 secs

This happens with the FSX (MSE) as well, but no prob.

I had this solved a while ago.   Sorry I didn't see this topic sooner.   I stumbled upon this subject while looking for something else today.

When I researched it and didn't find anything in the forums I thought I was on my own, so I did some comparisons between FSX and P3D cfg files.

SOLUTION:

The VOXATC indexer is looking for the following entries in the "[Main]" section of your Prepar3d.cfg file:

SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\Airplanes
SimObjectPaths.1=SimObjects\Rotorcraft
SimObjectPaths.2=SimObjects\GroundVehicles
SimObjectPaths.3=SimObjects\Boats
SimObjectPaths.4=SimObjects\Animals
SimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\Misc
For some reason, the latest P3D.cfg file no longer has them.   As we all know, VOXATC needs to research the available aircraft you have installed.  Without these (or at least the first entry) it cannot successfully do that.

I hope this works for you guys.   It worked great for me.  No issues since.

BTW - Although I love VOXATC, Tegwyn should have been able to see this.  And, although this would seem to be the fault of LM, if P3D doesn't need these entries itself... then this ends up being Tegwyn's issue with VOXATC having to rely on such entries.  (I'm a software developer, that's how I see it).

Phil,

"The VOXATC indexer is looking for the following entries in the "[Main]" section of your Prepar3d.cfg file:"

My main section does not have those .. and all is ok here.

I just did a VOXatc indexer (P3D selected) .. it scanned the scenery files, it finished.

Then I started the aircraft selection and selected a another aircraft .. it worked

Is there a problem I missed?

Phil,

"The VOXATC indexer is looking for the following entries in the "[Main]" section of your Prepar3d.cfg file:"

My main section does not have those .. and all is ok here.

I just did a VOXatc indexer (P3D selected) .. it scanned the scenery files, it finished.

Then I started the aircraft selection and selected a another aircraft .. it worked

Same here, no problem so far. Did another run of the indexer yesterday and it went through normally.

I just completed my first flight with Vox 6.50 and P3D 2.5. no problems whatsoever other than initial descent early, but I think that may have been flight plan related rather than VOX. I had two occasions where I had to wait to get runway crossing instructions so that worked fine as well. I'll give it another try tonight.

I'm having issues with Vox 6.51 and P3D V2.5 with the first hotfix applied - it seems that the FO option doesn't work properly. I'm wondering if anyone else has run into this, and whether it's an issue with Vox, or possibly some kind of FSUIPC issue. The problem is, it seems the FO cannot interact with the aircraft, change radios etc. And when 'he' goes to make a radio call, it gets stuck on 'First Officer is operating radio', causing all other radio traffic to go a bit funny as well.

Not in your case.

It solved my "freezing indexer" problem.   Yay for me, and not for everyone else, I guess.   If my suggestion works for others, glad I could help.   If not, they can keep digging through the forums.

sent to publisher...

please see JFdTVow.png?1

I am running p3dv2.5 AND FSX Steam Edition

After uninstall, using latest installer, it hangs at the shown position each time.

Please advise....and anyone here..please comment.

thanks,

Chas

"I am running p3dv2.5 AND FSX Steam Edition"

Is VOXatc installer ok (approved) with "FSX Steam" now?