Sign in to follow this  
Clipper Ocean Spray

AI Controller 1.4 (SID, Jet Route, STAR and Final Approach) (New) Beta

Hopefully development is continuing as it would be a shame for some a fantastic piece of software to fall by the wayside when it has such a following and makes FS so much more realistic and absorbing.

Also hope so and waiting for continuing work!

Guys, I'm still working on this.  Progress is slow but steady.

Not much to report as I'm still trying to prove new features will work.  For example, I'm now confident the new version will be able to fly the AI instead of slew it.  I anticipated this capability to be the most difficult, the other stuff like extending AIC to departure traffic should be easier but still time-consuming.  Once I'm controlling departing traffic, I'll probably upload some videos, but that is some time away.

Regards,

-Roland

• Upvote 7

Thanks a lot for the update.

I´m still gratefull that you are doing all the work to improve the AI-Traffic. Go ahead and take your time :good:

Thanks Roland by all your great work  :smile:

Only a community member with intent maintain informed to the simulator community about DCS: World news and progress

More news to the front....

Disclaimer: I´m not member of DCS: World team, Eagle Dynamic team or None official 3rd party.

Waiting for the new version with  departing aircrafts support!!!  :Peace:

Great tool, which I discovered only recently. I want to second the opinion that this belongs among the top 5 add-ons for flight simulators.

I have two questions, though: 

1) Is 1.4b compatible with P3D 3.1? I've got 1.4a running fine but when I open the AI Monitor in 1.4b I don't get any list-window (I do get the path editing window once, but never the list with the AI aircraft)

2) Testing the programm at EGKK 26L I realized that departing traffic seems to take preference over arriving one. Four planes lining up at holding point entered the runway in close succession with total ignorance of the three incoming traffic which had to do a go around. Only when no plane was approaching the departure position would any of the incoming planes actually land. Is that something I can adjust with the options, is that done on purpose, or is it a constraint of the current system (that taxi-out is controlled by FSX/P3D rather than AI Controller)?

Thank you!

Hi!

1) 1.4a is obsolete - I don't think it's wise to use it

2) This behaviour is due to the way AIC handles the traffic - for now departing traffic is handled by FSX up to the point where it enter s a SID (I think it's when the state is changing from "takeoff 2" to the next state, arriving traffic is handled by AIC and FSX can't "see" it. This will be - as I understand - one of the major changes in the next version Raland plans.

Hi!

1) 1.4a is obsolete - I don't think it's wise to use it

2) This behaviour is due to the way AIC handles the traffic - for now departing traffic is handled by FSX up to the point where it enter s a SID (I think it's when the state is changing from "takeoff 2" to the next state, arriving traffic is handled by AIC and FSX can't "see" it. This will be - as I understand - one of the major changes in the next version Raland plans.

1) 1.4B works great in Prepar3Dv3.1

2) Exactly! Waiting for the new version!

Hi Folks,

Wow - as a recent convert from FS9 to P3D - never heard of this application and form just reading the description it sounds incredible... Looking forward to trying this and figuring out what it does...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Hi,

I am presently building my customized P3Dv3 with various add-ons and ai traffic. Do I need the star-technique for the AFD files to enable crosswind runways or does this tool handle the runway selection for the AI traffic?

Brgds,

Axel

with the current version AIC - afaik - controls arriving traffic including STARS and APP, departing traffic is only controlled after takeoff entering a SID - so I suppose for departing traffic a crosswind config would be needed. But it looks as Roland is working on a new version which is also able to hande departing traffic, so let's wait what features he has in store

This sounds really good! Thanks!  Cross my fingers that he will manage to create the departure tool as well :)

Could someone kindly give me a hint as to which file I have to edit/delete when I am getting a taxi_graph.txt error in the controller, respectively when no airport data is written into the taxi_graph.txt file while (repeatedly) updating the runways and taxiways?

I would normally ignore this but I have this problem with KJFK which I am using very often. I've tried with the default NYMetro procedures provided in AIC 1.4B and also with freshly compiled files based on the PMDG NavData source, yet I keep getting the message that there will be no landings in enhanced mode for this ICAO because of missing data in taxi_graph.txt KGLA and KEWR work fine.

Could this have to do with FS Dreamteam's JFK v2 scenery? And if yes, where would I have to start...

please accept my ignorance but i have a question. I use FSX with ASN updated version and PMDG aircrafts.When i use these with  Ai controller 1.4b with FSX  and flying toward my destination, initially ai aircraft seem to ignore wind direction and land at any runway. When i reach close , ie, less than 20 miles  from destination airport, i seem to see ai using correct runway according to wind direction from ASN

similarly, once i start simulation, initially, i see ai aircrafts using runway which is not according to wind direction. It takes around 15min to settle ai traffic.

However, some times i do see occasional aircraft using wrong runway for landing or takeoff.

i start Ai controller and ASN before FSX. 

Am i doing anything wrong?

Thanks

Ashutosh

Ash Nerurkar

maybe you're not doin' anything wrong :wink: - I'm not 100% sure, but I think ASN creates a weather "bubble" around the user  aircraft and not for the whole FSX world. Therefore AI traffic doesn't recognize this weather und acts according to some FSX defaults.

As AI traffic reads the weather the moment the flight becomes active AI traffic begins with the default (no) weather as ASN needs some time to "inject" its weather.

Reloading the Scenery after the weather is injected (or restarting the AI traffic if you use UT2) may help