Sign in to follow this  
Jsol

P3D 2.5 with ASN?

The problem is that until they get the RC, nothing is set in stone. I know that Orbx is on the beta team and I believe that ASN is also. It would be a much longer wait if they were not.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

It seems as though vendors like HiFi and Orbx aren't participating in the P3D beta program.

http://www.prepar3d.com/developers/

That's a list of the official partners in the P3d Developer's Network. There are a number of other smaller shops that aren't part of the network.

I tried the link .. but I think P3D site is down .. most of the day now.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

I tried the link .. but I think P3D site is down .. most of the day now.

Yes - usually that happens BEFORE a release!

:)

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

If you're bored, you can re-acquaint yourself with those people you live with!! :lol:

Holy Smoke Batman, there are other people in my house!!!!  :lol:

Strange how this hobby can do that to you... B)

Pivot

Regards,

Pivot

i9-10900k * 64Gb Ram * MSI RTX 4070 Ti Gaming X Trio * Steel Series Arctis Pro Wireless Headset * Win11 Home x64 * Oculus Rift-S * Tobii ET 5 * TM Warthog Combo, Honeycomb Alpha & Saitek Pro-Rudders

As far as LM should have done this or that...it's their simulator. Why should the tail wag the dog? If the addon developers can't get their product out in a timely fashion, why are we blaming LM. That's a red herring. If the addon developer has access to the beta, then the rework and testing should be done before the release. Isn't that why developers get a beta? I can understand a bit of final testing with the RTM, but starting testing?

We can say it's LM blah, blah. We can say it's Hifi blah, blah. It doesn't matter who it is. We have a broken weather engine.

2.5 sure has caused some devs issues but I still upgraded to it and am happy for now. 

From EGFF to YSSY

Cmon guys P3D 2.5 hasn't even been out that long yet. Rebuilding your sim on day of release was optional.

We NEED the performance improvements in ASN. ASN and weather are one of the major performance and fps hogs of P3D.

2.5 plus ASN SP2 together will be worth waiting for if they both deliver the performance gains..

Please allow me to apologize to anyone at HiFi, or in this forum if I've ruffled any feathers. I've been thinking about what I've written. I have been a committed user of ASN since it was introduced. HiFi has always been upfront and offered premium support for their product. It is IMO, an excellent weather engine and my choice. I won't make comparisons. That's not what this is about. Of course the first sentence assumes that I am going to stop anyone in their tracks....highly doubtful  :rolleyes:  

I can't accept that addon developers should dictate the update schedule for the simulator. If it was a majority of addons that were crippled...different story. Clearly there has to be a better way to ensure that 3rd party software functions correctly when an update of the simulator is released. I don't write software, so I don't know what that better way is. Perhaps authors need to give beta release software to their beta testers. On the other hand, maybe pre-release software needs to get into the hands of vendor partners more quickly. Having said all that, I've yet to see a release of Windows where all major application and driver developers had their ducks in a row on day 1. Then the finger pointing starts.

Of course everyone has the option of holding off on the upgrade until their favourite addons are functional. I chose to upgrade immediately and as a result, have crippled objectflow in Orbx, along with zero addon weather. At the end of the day, if spending a week or 2 without ASN is the worst thing that happens to me, it's a wonderful life!

See you guys down the virtual elevated road...

Clearly there has to be a better way to ensure that 3rd party software functions correctly when an update of the simulator is released. I don't write software, so I don't know what that better way is. Perhaps authors need to give beta release software to their beta testers.

It would not matter if the Devs had a hundred or more beta testers, not one of them could have tested ASN for 2.5 because non of the testers could have had access to P3D 2.5 before LM released it.

You'd have to talk to someone from HiFi on this, but if a company is a registered partner with LM they probably can download as many beta copies of P3d as necessary. The NDA probably limits the distribution only to employees of that company, which is as you point out, not "hundreds".

ASN in internal testing and looking good. Shouldn't be too long now. Than you for your patience.

Vic

ASN in internal testing and looking good. Shouldn't be too long now. Than you for your patience.

Vic

Thanks for the heads up.