Sign in to follow this  
RW1

Night Lighting Not Working

Asking fellow pilots if they have noticed the panel lights and interior cockpit/main cabin lights no longer work, installed the 530 UAC and AV off, i`m thinking this is not the developers problem but another LM bug again, need someone to test it out.

Rick

tpewpb-6.png

It's LM not us.

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

If it worked for you in v2.4 and is broke in v2.5 then it is deffo not us...

Edit I just remembered that they introduced a whole lot of file structure changes. If they did what I think they did then I will have to implement some changes this side. Will need some time though as I am snowed under at the moment.

Jonathan "FRAG" Bleeker

Formerly known here as "Narutokun"

If I speak for my company without permission the boss will nail me down. So unless otherwise specified...Im just a regular simmer who expresses his personal opinion

I'm having the same problems in the MV407. The panel lighting doesn't work anymore in Prepar3d v2.5. Worked without a problem in v2.4.

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

There's another P3D Hotfix in the works.

It's not just MILVIZ aircraft that are affected.

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

No but not all addons are using our DX11 cockpit lighting system which is sensitive to changes in file structure....

Jonathan "FRAG" Bleeker

If I speak for my company without permission the boss will nail me down. So unless otherwise specified...Im just a regular simmer who expresses his personal opinion

I wasn't trying to say it was not your lighting system FRAG, just pointing out the Hotfix coming.

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

Not saying you are pointing fingers mate :) I am diagnosing what may be a problem regardless of the hotfix.

Jonathan "FRAG" Bleeker

There is a new "hotfix" being tested in the private "Developer's Forum" at P3D that addresses the non-functional cockpit lighting.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

So i`ve just updated P3d with hotfix 2 and Night lights/panel lights are not working, also the rotor shadows in the VC disappear after Main Rotor hits 60%, never happened in 2.4, so LM has kiiled the awesome MD530. :Doh: 

tpewpb-6.png

Guest tymk

I don't have the MD530, but experienced the lighting issue with some other aircraft including the C310. The 2.5.12944.0 hotfix has solved that problem for me. Have you tried deleting the shader cache?

Tym

Hey Tym, applied hotfix, rebooted, delete shaders, load 530 from default a/c. nothing.

tpewpb-6.png

The MD 530 and the C310 use completely different lighting systems. The DX11 rendering engine in the 530 is path sensitive so if P3D has changed the file structure it will not work. I will investigate this as soon as I have the chance.

Jonathan "FRAG" Bleeker

Any fix yet, I`m struggling with button pushing at night, i have a $60 payware aircraft hangared. not my idea of enjoyment, has anyone looked into the 530 to see if it affects them,

tpewpb-6.png

Are you on the forums?  If not... go there.  

The cost of the bird is not 60$ unless you bought it somewhere quasi legal...

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.