Sign in to follow this  
GundamWZero

Uninstalling/Re-installing...

I currently own all of the PMDG products (except the upcoming DC9) and I have an age old question concerning the MD-11. The rumor mill still has the MD-11 as a proverbial logic bomb for PMDG products and I want to include it in my hanger... but if it still causes errors within FSX to the point I have to wipe ALL my entire FSX drive, I rather leave it where it is - as a executable zip file from PMDG. Has PMDG addressed this issue long ago already and the latest updates will not have any effect on the sim, or is it still what many are saying what it is? I have tried running the MD-11 a while back after I had bought the 747-8i and I had to repair the entire drive... thankfully almost all my software were re-downloadable,  I had to pay for another extended plan from PMDG to get my aircraft from them again.

Rodney E. Jacobs

Generally that is caused by PMDG's antipiracy measures on the MD11.

Perhaps you should submit an official support ticket.

I currently own all of the PMDG products (except the upcoming DC9) and I have an age old question concerning the MD-11. The rumor mill still has the MD-11 as a proverbial logic bomb for PMDG products and I want to include it in my hanger... but if it still causes errors within FSX to the point I have to wipe ALL my entire FSX drive, I rather leave it where it is - as a executable zip file from PMDG. Has PMDG addressed this issue long ago already and the latest updates will not have any effect on the sim, or is it still what many are saying what it is? I have tried running the MD-11 a while back after I had bought the 747-8i and I had to repair the entire drive... thankfully almost all my software were re-downloadable,  I had to pay for another extended plan from PMDG to get my aircraft from them again.

As mentioned, this could mean that you're running into the anti-piracy measures. I know you shouldn't be running into this issue because I verified your name in our system (thanks for signing your posts  :BigGrin: ). Go ahead and submit a ticket in our support system at support.precisionmanuals.com and we'll have a look.

Kyle Rodgers

Thanks Kyle... I will submit a ticket. Right now, I am in the process of re-installing all my PMDG aircraft, the 737 series first. Should I have installed the MD-11 first, then the others?

Rodney E. Jacobs

Thanks Kyle... I will submit a ticket. Right now, I am in the process of re-installing all my PMDG aircraft, the 737 series first. Should I have installed the MD-11 first, then the others?

They're all pretty self contained and the later products are definitely self-aware (we paid big bucks to SkyNet for that  :P ). They stay out of each other's way pretty well, so install order doesn't matter too much.

Kyle Rodgers

Alright... All the girls are back in the hangar... the last one is the MD-11

Rodney E. Jacobs