Sign in to follow this  
Jack_Sawyer

I think the ASN update destroyed my FSX

Just installed the latest  update from asn  with no issue

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Updated today 1.5 hr flight no issues with thunderstorms and turbulence nice. Download teh full installer update, uninstall teh old version and install the update works fine.

I tried updating it twice and it deleted ALL of my drop-down menu add-ons. I have no idea what happened but I will not be updating it any time soon, if ever.

As I said before, no UAC at all, off from factory build, no firewall at all, no Av at all. This PC is used only for FSX.

Something about the update caused this because when I restored everything through Acronis and installed the first version of ASN I bought the other day it works fine.

So what caused it? It only messed up after the update.

Jack Sawyer

I'm not sure but I think it's their new Affinity Mask setting.  The first time I said yes.  It totally messed up my FSX.cfg file as it created a new one so no cameras.

This time I chose no.  It wants to place an affinity mask value of 88!  I said no.

It even has a nag screen you can uncheck to ask if you want to have that setting applied to your cfg file every time you start ASN.  It creates a backup of your original but the first time I restored it and it was still messed up.

I have no idea what affinity mask even does.

I had no "nag screen" and no options presented. The ASN updater just did its thing ...

Sounds like an issue updating your dll.xml and/or your exe.xml

It never showed up in testing (I use EZCA).  You may have something unique that most don't have.

Post your exe.xml and dll.xml

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

Look at the very last screen in options, if you did not install the affinity mask it will have a check box asking to remind you to install affinity mask every time it runs. I noticed that in the new update.

Jack Sawyer

No changes to my cfg or odd messages during install, I've used the update for 3 flights already, no problems here whatsoever.  

JH

When I tried to run the configurator with EZCA it said the ROOT was missing in my exe.dll, I can't find exe.dll no matter what and I have hidden items turned off. I tried the update twice, I am not going to try it again.

On their forum others have had problems with the update too.

I have no idea why you guys are having no problems. Like I said I have nothing turned on. No firewall, no AV, no nothing. On the second installation I even had it install to a different location besides x(86) and it still took out everything.

Jack Sawyer

When I tried to run the configurator with EZCA it said the ROOT was missing in my exe.dll, I can't find exe.dll no matter what and I have hidden items turned off. I tried the update twice, I am not going to try it again.

On their forum others have had problems with the update too.

I have no idea why you guys are having no problems. Like I said I have nothing turned on. No firewall, no AV, no nothing. On the second installation I even had it install to a different location besides x(86) and it still took out everything.

XML, not dll

We need to see your dll.XML and exe.XML that is in the same folder as your FSX.cfg

It also has to be the altered files AFTER you install SP2

Affinity Mask has nothing to do with your problem.  All affinity mask does is optimize how FSX uses the processors in you CPU.

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

That's the problem, after the update I no longer have an EXE.DLL, I had a DLL.XML but not the EXE file. I don't understand why it disappeared. I really don't want to "update" this again for the third time and have to reinstall everything all over again with Acronis. If you guys insist I might think about it but I was up to 0500 EST this morning getting it back to normal.

As I mentioned several times, I just bought this like three or four days ago and it was working perfectly. I was really enjoying it.

So I installed the original version last night and it works fine.

Something about that update.

I also made sure the seond time I was using the correct update, FSX, update and so on.

Jack Sawyer

You don't have an exe.XML at all???

We can't help you if you don't help us.  Without seeing the problem, it can't be fixed.

One thing you can do is save a copy of the dll.XML and exe.XML before updating.  Try again and post your new dll and exe files.

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

Yes, I did not have exe.xml after the update. I searched with search, I have show all hidden files always on, I simply could not find it.

I know you guys want to help and I really do appreciate it but this would be the third time if I do it again. It was a lot of work to restore.

I will have to think about it.

Jack Sawyer

Thx I know  that   but iam not  the one  having  the  issue  here

Ooops wrong guy - was suppose to be for original poster 

Rich Sennett