Sign in to follow this  
Driver170

VATSIM and VPILOT

i just started up on VATSIM with VPILOT does anyone know if the NGX does the squawk ident on any of the panels instead of going into the vpilot menu etc?

Vernon Howells

Yes, it does! At least when you have the latest update installed. Just set your transponder to TA/RA and you'll be fine. What you can do either is, go to the Vpilot settings and assign Vpilot should set the squawk automatically to mode "charlie" when airborne.

yeh i have set auto but would like to know how to do manually so when i enter the runway i switch to TA/RA and that will set the charlie mode?

Vernon Howells

Yes, but only if you've installed the latest update for the NGX, otherwise it won't work. Besides, I think it doesn't matter for VPilot whether you set TA/RA or another mode, it turns always to mode charlie. You can see if you're on mode charlie, when this "Mode C" Button illuminates green or blue in Vpilot. Last option would also be to press this "Mode C" Button.

Well i have to say i beats any atc addon out there! I had a good chat with a controller last night, there all friendly aslong as you can just control your plane!

Ok thanks alot.

Its quite annoying you have to come out of window mode to view vpilot!?

Vernon Howells

You're welcome. Glad to hear you enjoy to fly at VATSIM.

Don't know if you mean that, but you can keep VPilot's window visible; refer to the setting under the point "misc"! However, this is very annoying, too. Best way is to move this windows to a second TFT, if available. Unfortunately my second screen doesn't work properly, so I've to deal with this one. 

Would be very interesting to know, whether it's possible to execute Vpilot from a tablet-pc or not.

vPilot does run on a networked PC using simconnect. This is what I do and it is GREAT !!! Run VPilot on client PC and run the Traffic proxy from vPilot on server machine. This allows you to use the client PC for mic and headset while still hearing all other flight sim audio from your server PC.

http://vpilot.metacraft.com/Documentation.aspx

WAT1460.png

You have not necessarily run two machines to achieve separate sound outputs. I solve this only with software based basic sound configuration and this is really great, as you say :-)

I'm not up-to-date what belongs to tablet's, is such a device capable to build and connect to and computer network? With Tablet I mean such things like Ipad's. Considering to buy one and use it for stuff like viewing charts and may be - when possible - for TOPCAT. I need to read a bit about all this, as mentioned, I am not in latest

Soon as you go into full screen the vpilot UI dissappears!

I have sound through my turtle beach headset plus vatsim works great

Vernon Howells

Its quite annoying you have to come out of window mode to view vpilot!?

Agree.  I bought a small second monitor to get around that.

It might be annoying that it disappears when running full screen mode, however the developer developed this for his own purposes and was kind enough to share it with us all.

Also, if the only annoyance is occasionally  having to alt-enter to view it, you are a lot better off than the "old days." Squawkbox and FSINN were/are pain in da big ole rears to get working right.

What is this model matching?

Yeh i agree vpilot is the best thing i have FDS 737NG CDU bay so i'll just use the lower display unit for vpilot soon

Vernon Howells

What is this model matching?

VPilot uses a set of aircraft types and liveries to model match aircraft being flown by others on VATSIM.  Eg, if someone you are flying with on Vatsim says he is a Ryanair 737NG, then VPilot will find a Ryanair 737NG model and livery in the model matching set you have chosen, and that is what you will see in the sim.    It's pretty neat.  I use the IVAO model matching set.  It's brilliant.

I would recommend using rather window mode in FSX than full screen. That would also solve your problem with vpilot that vanish in full screen mode.