Sign in to follow this  
marcus300zx

The Ferrari of the FSX world

They're doing a super legacy for the P3D update with twin turbocharged engine though.

Oh my.  I've been looking forward to the update on the Legacy for awhile, now I'm even more eager for it!

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Anyone ever model this?

http://bugatti100p.com/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bugatti_Model_100

Exotic, fast and Italian, exactly what the OP wants.

Rod O.

i7 10700k @5.0 HT on|Asus Maximus XII Hero|G.Skill 2x16GB DDR4 4000 cas 16|evga RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra|Noctua NH-D15S|Thermaltake GF1 850W PSU|WD Black SN750 M.2 1TB SSD (x2)|Plextor M9Pe .5TB NVMe PCIe x4 SSD (MSFS dedicated)IFractal Design Focus G Case

Win 10 Pro 64|HP Reverb G2 revised VR HMD|Asus 25" IPS 2K 60Hz monitor|Saitek X52 Pro & Peddles|TIR 5 (now retired)

There is a lovely free Piaggio P-180 i would suggest then :D

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

I can vouch for the quality of the RealAir airplanes as well. The Legacy is probably the most fun piston single you can get for FS. The Duke v2 is spectacular. The support is fantastic too. Really great pair of guys. 

Hi All,

I currently use a Phenom 100 as my personal FSX transport to go with my work Airbus and Avro's, but I want "something for the weekend".

I want something 2 seater and very fast, but not military.  Basically a Ferrari for the Sky's

What's my options?

regards

Why not consider FS Labs' Concorde-X? It's a 2 seater if you use the virtual Flight Engineer and don't bother with passengers! :BigGrin:

With light fuel loads it will climb out at 400kts at 4000-5000fpm and that's before you apply reheats. The climb rate then increases to 7000-8000fpm!  :shok:  Cruise speed is Mach 2 or 23 miles a minute.

Descent is equally impressive. Reduce speed to 350kts IAS and then descend at 5000-6000fpm. FL570 down to landing takes around 30 mins.

It would be insulting to compare it to something as slow as a Ferrari but it's one heck of an aircraft to fly! :wink:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Why not consider FS Labs' Concorde-X? It's a 2 seater if you use the virtual Flight Engineer and don't bother with passengers! :BigGrin:

With light fuel loads it will climb out at 400kts at 4000-5000fpm and that's before you apply reheats. The climb rate then increases to 7000-8000fpm!  :shok:  Cruise speed is Mach 2 or 23 miles a minute.

Descent is equally impressive. Reduce speed to 350kts IAS and then descend at 5000-6000fpm. FL570 down to landing takes around 30 mins.

It would be insulting to compare it to something as slow as a Ferrari but it's one heck of an aircraft to fly! :wink:

Steep Learning curve from what I understand.

Concorde X is fantastic!   - but I'm not sure it fits the OP's requirements here! :smile:

One more vote for the RealAir Legacy.

Head and shoulders above the competition.. B)

Bert

The Flight 1 Cessna Mustang light jet is excellent, and a very easy jet for one person to fly.  It is single pilot rated in the real world.  

Steep Learning curve from what I understand.

Well I'll be 64 soon and I've managed to fly it from cold and dark to parking at the destination. Yes, it is complicated but treat that as a challenge, not a deterrent. :wink:

Concorde X is fantastic! - but I'm not sure it fits the OP's requirements here!

Point taken. It was a long shot it would interest him. :BigGrin:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I think the time it took me to start the concord I would have arrived in a smaller jet LOL.

Might go with the legacy, I like the all round view it offers and looks fun.

Point taken. It was a long shot it would interest him.

No problem Ray, the FSL Concorde X is always worth a shout up!  B)

I think the time it took me to start the concord I would have arrived in a smaller jet LOL.

Might go with the legacy, I like the all round view it offers and looks fun.

I agree Marcus that learning Concorde appears very complicated but repetition is your friend when it comes to mastering it. Aligning the 3 INSs takes the longest - around 3-4 mins - but you can be doing other things whilst that is ongoing.

The flight plan is dead easy to load and engine starts can be simplified with CTRL+E. After push-back you're the same as every other jet but remembering the nose-wheel is 35ft behind you does take a bit of practice. :BigGrin:

Nothing compares to the thrill of take-off and climb-out. Then overtaking a 747 faster than he's travelling. Mach 2 compared to Mach 0.87. I'm really hooked as you might imagine.

Have fun with your slow-coach aircraft. :wink:

No problem Ray, the FSL Concorde X is always worth a shout up!

I'm very patriotic Craig. Finest civilian passenger jet known to man. And FS Labs have done a crackin' job with her. :smile:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather