Sign in to follow this  
sterny70

Disappointing!

Hello everybody,

just one little question about Hawcker :  there is speed selector knob, but the plane don't have autothrottle, also what is the function of this selector knob ?

Welcome, Theeoo. :smile:

It's not uncommon to feature speed selector facilities without an autothrottle system when your autopilot can use the speed as reference in the climb for example. It would then steer the plane to hold the selected speed by altering the pitch angle while your engines are at climb power (manually set).

To help, the FLC mode makes use of this principle.

Ryan pointed to the rw docs in another thread.

Ok, also can we use this selector to maintain speed during the climb for example, i think we can with FLC function ? But maybe we can't do that before SP1...

I agree Craig. Carenado appears to have adopted the Captain Sim business model as it is probably very profitable for them. I do appreciate those that couldn't resist, purchased and reported back on this plane. Looks pretty but doesn't make sense to purchase this one now. I think I will wait for the $10 Christmas sale.

There are still many highly praised aircraft from A2A, Realair, FSLabs, Majestic, Milviz, PMDG and others that I want to buy.

By the time all the ADs are corrected on this plane we may have a new Eaglesoft CLS.

Ted

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4

Theeoo, you are correct. I've edited my post.

Looks pretty but doesn't make sense to purchase this one now. I think I will wait for the $10 Christmas sale.

There's a 10 bucks sale at Carenado? :huh:  I think you are mixing them up with CS, no?

we may have a new Eaglesoft CLS.

Citation XLS+... B)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Dunno about you but I paid RTM price...

In that case, you have two free upgrades ahead of you  ^_^

Bert

Citation XLS+... B)

Ooooh, can't wait for that one!  Hopefully then we'll have a nice simulation of the Pro Line 21.

In that case, you have two free upgrades ahead of you  ^_^

Woohoooo!  :lol:

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

Ooooh, can't wait for that one! Hopefully then we'll have a nice simulation of the Pro Line 21.

Woohoooo! :lol:

Thats's what they said when the Citation came out looking forward to the Hawker.....look where we are again. It is an endless cycle with this developer yet somehow everyone always hopes for "better" next release based off looks...

Thats's what they said when the Citation came out looking forward to the Hawker.....look where we are again. It is an endless cycle with this developer yet somehow everyone always hopes for "better" next release based off looks...

Eaglesoft is working on the XLS+, not Carenado.

Carenado is working on a CJ2, which I will definitely NOT be getting.

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

Eaglesoft is working on the XLS+, not Carenado.

For the record that is correct. ^_^ Further questions or discussion about that project should be outside this vendors forum.

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

OK Gang, let me see if I can work myself out of this box. First we are talking about flying a modern corporate jet in the flight levels and basically using what many real world pilots refer to as a Flight Level Change (FLC). We are not flying a Stuka on a dive bombing mission and we should be pulling close to 1.0 positive G for this maneuver.

That should take care of the "you can stall going 500 knots" and the 'ever heard of a high speed or accelerated stall comments from the gallery.

For the sake of this particular thread lets listen to the one person making comments that as ever worked on or around a Hawker 850XP. That would be JRBarrett and he says Carenado knows what engines are on the model. I tend to agree with him because Carenado told me that they used a real world model for input.

OK, now just to level the playing field a little. I may be only one of the two pilots in the conversation that actually has any flying credentials relative to the conversation.

I remember when the ink was still wet on my SEL and I was flying on a 4-engine commercial flight. My soon to be wife told the stewardess that I was a pilot. Being nice, she ask if I was a commercial pilot. Responding with no, just small single engine Cessna experience. She said she would be sure to tell the Captain and if he lost 3 of the 4 engines he may call me up front for advice.

To answer Ron's question: Yes, I have multi-engine, commercial, instrument, type rated, etc. 5,000 + logged hours but only about 400 in twin turbines, but a lot more with 2 propellers.

Many of those hours were from flight instructing multi-engine students and checkouts in advanced singles. I also have an expired CFI/CFII and AGI licenses. For those that may not know an AGI is Advanced Ground Instructor. I used to tell my multi-engine and complex airplane checkout students that there were no dumb questions. I still believe that, but there sure are a lot of dumb statements being made in these forums. Of course, I was teaching students that already had a pilot's license, many held commercial and instrument certificates, not flight sim students.

That is not bragging, just stating the fact that I really do know about angle of attack, accelerated and high speed stalls, and flight level changes.

Now, for those of you that think this airplane is woefully underpowered and will not climb past 33,000 feet without stalling, like the experience of the one that started this response, try this:

Using the precious few charts in the documentation you will find one that says the recommended two-engine climb speed is 250k/0.70M. Unfortunately, I haven't found any power charts for climb and cruise.

Let's say that anyone that learned to fly by reading the forums and thinking all these other posters actually know how to fly, wants to climb from FL310 to FL370, then add full power and accelerate or decelerate to Mach .70 and HOLD that speed by changing the Rate of Climb by changing the angle of attack (that may mean pushing forward and lowering the nose).

Do nothing more and nothing less and you will not stall (because you are pulling 1G+, with wings probably near level and flying at about 250 Knots).

You can expect your ROC to decrease from about 3,000 FPM initially to a little more than 1,000 FPM as you reach the thinner air of FL370.

OK. Let the responses fly.

Regards,

Ray

Posts addressed:

Its all about angle of attack you can stall going 500 knots.

No. The Hawker 850XP does in fact use the 5BR version. That's not to say that the Carenado emulation of it is anywhere close to accurate. Obviously FSX has limits in the degree to which a r/w jet engine can be modeled, but the Carenado version's performance is way off target.

The 50R powers the Hawker 900XP (and some Dassault Falcob 900s). Perhaps the 50R is available as a retrofit for the 850XP, but every 850 I have ever worked on has the -5BR.

Just zeroing in on the stall. How in world can you stall any airplane when flying at Mach 0.70? Isn't that the recommended climb speed for your altitude change. duh? This isn't a Cessna, all jets require speed to work properly, that is why the charts are included.

C'mon Ray. Never heard of a high speed stall? Stall happens at any time and speed when the wing stops flying. Check the fighter pilots input on these type..

How much "turbine time"? Multi Rated?

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Theeoo, you are correct. I've edited my post.

There's a 10 bucks sale at Carenado? :huh:  I think you are mixing them up with CS, no?

No, Carenado does not have a Christmas sale that I know of......yet. Actually my statement was tongue in cheek meaning that if they are adopting the Captain Sim business model of releasing products before they are ready I'll just wait for them to adopt the $10 Christmas sale. I apologize if I got your hopes up.

Citation XLS+... B)

That's the one I meant Ron. I don't know where I got CLS from. :blush: 

Ted

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4

That's the one I meant Ron. I don't know where I got CLS from.

Ted

No problem.. :rolleyes:

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Ooooh, can't wait for that one!  Hopefully then we'll have a nice simulation of the Pro Line 21.

Woohoooo!  :lol:

We do - the Milviz B350 alpha (WIP)

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |