Sign in to follow this  
bönan

JF Fokker F27 released

Nice video! Can't stand the loopy sound of the engines though.

That's something that I have noticed with several JustFlight planes, and it drives me crazy! I told them about it when the Comet was released, but the Viscount was even worse. It's an incredibly annoying "glitch", and it really needs to be sorted out!!

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I really really want to buy and love this plane, it's exactly the style of old school plane I enjoy to fly, but a quick question first for those of you who already have it.  To me the VC and panels look a little cartoonesque, e.g. not as realistic as some of the other flight sim planes on the market.  I know this is fairly typical for Just Flight, but is anyone else seeing this or are the graphics considerably better on your systems vs the beta video shown.

Thanks, TD

Guest Mik75

I've just spent 50 minutes in this plane (P3D), doing some patterns. And it really flies very well. I couldn't hear any loops in the engine sounds. in fact, they sound rather nice!

Has anyone managed to land and spool the engines down without it seeming to want to run away despite the IAS being around the 100 mark?

The video above is a very useful introduction.

As to the reverse thrust aspect raised in posts # 3 and 5, the video at about the 3, 16 and 29 minutes marks discusses this and at one of those points discusses how to slow the aircraft.

Gary

Just flew the Tutorial second time, and managed to nail the landing.

The video above is a very useful introduction.

As to the reverse thrust aspect raised in posts # 3 and 5, the video at about the 3, 16 and 29 minutes marks discusses this and at one of those points discusses how to slow the aircraft.

Gary

Regarding the sounds - the video was made using an old beta version. Since then the sounds have been almost completely reworked. 

Thanks for that clarification, Rich. The aircraft is certainly of interest to me, so I will check out some more recent YouTube videos when they become available.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest JustanotherPilot

Has anyone flown any flightplans using VOR and NDB navaids?  I'm interested to see how navigation goes with the old technology and if it's good for flights of about 60-90mins.

Bought it - it's really very, very good!  Well done Just Flight.  It's a huge improvement on some of the other JF classics like the comet and viscount.

Hand flies beautifully.   And I can confirm there is no sound looping in the release version.   VC looks fine to me.

A no brainer for fans of the classics, and it's quite rare to get a classic turbo prop. :smile:

Has anyone flown any flightplans using VOR and NDB navaids?

Yes, flew a 70 minute flight yesterday (Edinburgh to Bristol) all VOR and NDBs - really great fun and keeps you busy!

Is the F27 a STOL airliner? I am curious to know what runway length is required for this aircraft in an empty configuration (plenty of fuel, but no passengers or cargo).

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Has anyone flown any flightplans using VOR and NDB navaids?  I'm interested to see how navigation goes with the old technology and if it's good for flights of about 60-90mins.

The Tutorial on pg26 of the Manual is worth doing as it is a VOR and NDB course from Norwich to Amsterdam.Short flight and great learning fun.