Sign in to follow this  
AviatorMoser

FreeMesh X Global 1.0 - Release Announcement

I checked out the area in my addon-free FSX install and the raised lakes are still there.

With Freemesh

Default FSX mesh

It's definitely the waterbody vectors then. They would need updating to align with the new elevations. FTX Vectors does this, but not perfectly. Most of the lakes are a little lower than the elevation, but that is more acceptable than raised lakes to me.

first: congratulations on your work. great mesh. looks very detailed. i love it. Many thanks. Here a couple of pictures over the austrian Alps.

01resizewudjxsi47v.jpg

02resizeju32g9fawi.jpg

04resize2npb3uady0.jpg

06resize0pxworeql7.jpg

07resize20kbxa173i.jpg

Hello,

I have a problem at CFP4 airport , flying NW, the river is higher than the ground .

P3D V3.1 NO other mesh installed

Later I will try to add a picture.

Hope it helps.

I like your mesh.

Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win11 Pro X64

Which river? There's a river right next to the airport, and it looks okay. At least when FTX Vectors are enabled.

1iFki0Y.png

Jzl9abl.png

Himalaya looks pretty good.

Nice pictures.

You should have seen them before 1.03. They needed a bunch of cleaning up.

Nice pictures.

You should have seen them before 1.03. They needed a bunch of cleaning up.

I can imagine. now it just looks great. have seen so far no mistake. Performance is also perfect. no difference to the original meshes.

Here are some pictures over the Swiss Alps.

prepar3d20160zpceibkvnq.jpg

prepar3d20160s5lqf0xa3w.jpg

prepar3d20160cukn8h16y5.jpg

prepar3d20160r5cm9u1t0j.jpg

prepar3d20160h0rbgp3fya.jpg

Hello,

I do NOT use FTX Vector

Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win11 Pro X64

Hello,

I do NOT use FTX Vector

FTX Vector is definitely recommended. otherwise you can not correct such errors.

FTX Vector is definitely recommended. otherwise you can not correct such errors.

True, but have you guys been having VAS issues with FTX Vector?  Just installing it added approx. 300mb consumption at startup in P3D V3.  FSX the same?

• Upvote 1

Rhys, FTX Vector doesn't have VAS "issues". When you add terrain data VAS usage will increase - it's simple logic. You can reduce the VAS footprint by reducing the number of roads and traffic, but there is no free lunch. If you want a more realistic world, it means that more data will have to be added to the simulator.

With the improved VAS management in P3D v3.X you can have the cake and eat it too. Since the simulator now efficiently can get rid of data that isn't needed anymore, you'll rarely see VAS problems if you set your display settings in accordance with your training scenario.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987!