Sign in to follow this  
bakerman

Navigraph Database rebuild 0%

I installed it initially to P3Dv3 and had the "stuck at 0%" issue.  Retried it by both manually inserting the Carenavigraph script into dll.xml and renaming the "v3" folders to "v2" and reinstalling.  In each case the result was the same...the progress bar wont go past -1001%.  Puzzling...even though I can slide the progress bar aside and click the FMC I can't effect any change.  Carenado support is no help at all.  They did refund my money but I'd rather the aircraft worked as it is advertised to do so.

David Rosenblum

Atlas Air Boeing 767 Captain; previously a Boeing 747-400/-8 First Officer

Jetline Gravity GTX | Aorus Z370 Gaming 7 motherboard | i7 8700K overclocked to 5 GHz | 32GB 3 GHz Corsair DDR4 SDRAM | 11GB GTX 1080 Ti | 1TB Samsung 960 Pro m.2 SSD | 2TB WD Black 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s HDD | Corsair Hydro H100i v2 Dual Stage Liquid Cooling | 3 Dell S2716DG G-Sync monitors on Jestik Arc stand | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | Logitech G Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System, Throttles and Pedals

I did all the above with the .dll file...No change after 2 hours of sitting at 12 percent, I finally gave up and deleted the Navigational program...That also improved my frame rate from 3 or 4 fps to around 30...I have installed the GTN750...Now if I can find a panel file...Also, seeking information about how to update the AIRAC to latest 1707...The database is outdated...But a least the GTN 750 program works very well with the Carenado Phenom 300...I am considering buying the ISG program which can be updated...Does anybody have information about how that works with the Carenado Phenom 300?

Bob A

Bob Adams

Yes, I read the entire thread and tried all the ideas in it.  There are multiple threads like this on this forum and elsewhere.  As best I can tell, no comment from Carenado on things to try.

Dave Symanow

P3D V4 Fix

Check the dll.xml file, which is found here in win 10
C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 for the following entry.

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Carenavigraph</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <Path>.\Carenavigraph.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>

It should look like this

<Launch.Addon>
    <Path>.\Carenavigraphx64.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>

For some reason the x64 is missing off of the end of the .dll file name.

Work for the Hawker 850 and King Air 350i

so.......if on Prepare3D use the "x64"

but if FSX use 

<Launch.Addon>
  </Launch.Addon>

?????? because Carenado just instructed me to ADD the "X64" to each dll.XML file

either way still at 0% on FMC

2 Monitors, 240G SSD.FSX:Steam with UTX USA Scenery, ORBX Base, Buildings, Airports, NorCAL, Steam addon- Airports, Trees, Milviz310R, Alabeo310R, Flight1 GTN750/650, Carenado- TBM850, Baron, Arrow, V35, F33, C441, 421C, Phenom 100, Premier 1A, RA Duke B60 V2, RA Duke Turbine V2,  Active Sky Next always running real WX. Skyvector 

On 11/30/2015 at 0:03 PM, haakeger said:

Ok so here I am on my 9th day trying to "fix" or "load" my FMC with NO LUCK!!! I am beyond frustrated with Carenado with their lack of concern! I submitted a support ticket with Carenado and in a timly manner did respond with this email... { Carenado } "what aircraft? what simulator?" { me } "KingAir 350i and Cessna 525A CJ2 on FSX-SE" { Carenado } "Did you try the steps described on our knowledge base under "FPS on H850XP" or "C90 GTx"?
As this could be a Navigraph files reading permissions issue" { me } "So I am in the middle of h850 XP knowledge Base information... and when I go to click disable inheritance a box pops up asking me what would I like to do with the current inherited permission?... 1. Convert inherited permissions into explicit permissions on this object? Or 2. Remove all inherited permissions from this object?... please advise on what I click on?"... then DEAD AIR NO responds back just dead!!! I am extremely upset with Carenado with them selling a product that is faulty and then refuses to back the product with customer service. NOW I know there will be a lot of people asking me if I followed instruction on the web on how to get the FMC going and to answer that YES yes I did { hence my frustration } HOWEVER the FMC is STILL not loading. So please can someone please give VERY VERY detailed information to get this FMC loaded... thank you

The anger and frustration is justified, and then some!

In my case I can not get the cotton-pickin Phenom 300 to work properly in P3Dv4, so considered buying the Hawker 850, but after reading all the familiar disappointment and fury expressed here and elsewhere, I will be darned if I play the fool twice in a row. 

I own a hard drive full of Carenado airplanes but now for the first time I want my money back, or a fix, one way or another!

Maybe it is time for a boycott from their usual customers until they clean up their act.

Ridiculous!

Anyhow...

Kind regards,

...but I just bought another two from them today, but simpler planes from a simpler age, something like me I guess. :cool: 

Play it again Sam!

On 7/13/2017 at 6:42 AM, mhp1280 said:

P3D V4 Fix

Check the dll.xml file, which is found here in win 10
C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 for the following entry.

<Launch.Addon>
  </Launch.Addon>

It should look like this

<Launch.Addon>
  </Launch.Addon>

For some reason the x64 is missing off of the end of the .dll file name.

Work for the Hawker 850 and King Air 350i

Well after trawling around the internet looking for a fix to this database not loading issue the answer is right here -  Carenavigraphx64.dll - thank you.  It would appear that a similar edit is required for CMeteoXML ie CmeteoXmlx64.dll otherwise P3D doesn't load - at least that is what happens on my system.

Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Hello,

Is the solution the same for FSX?

I think FSX is 32-bit no?

My database is stuck at 75% after 3 hours and no progress.

Thanks,

Grzegorz

While my FMS experiences were with the CJ2 Citation rather than the H25B, this seems to be the most comprehensive thread about the FMS loading issue so I'll put my thoughts here. I largely used the methods in this thread to solve the issue and really appreciate everyone's input here, and hope maybe my experience might help someone too.

I've actually had to try to fix this twice; the first time it was as simple as following the instructions in the thread - edit the dll.xml, add the lines, job done. But this time around, trying to install it to Steam Edition, no amount of editing xml files would get it to work. Nothing in this thread would help me even though I knew everything here is correct and should, in theory, fix it.

I came across a comment on another page saying that the game might be mixing up Steam Edition and Boxed Edition installation procedures and folders. So on a whim, I uninstalled Steam Edition and dug out my disc boxed copy of FSX Gold. I installed it, then installed the CJ2 - and it and the FMS ran perfectly, just like that. No editing required. There isn't even time to notice the database building when it installs correctly, it just works.

On the other page I read that under AppData it could be incorrectly looking for an FSX-SE folder where the dll.xml could be. I anticipated that this folder appears when both boxed and Steam Edition copies are installed onto the system, and decided to reinstall Steam Edition to see. Curiously though, once SE was installed and loaded, no FSX-SE folder appeared in AppData, nor did it build any database files on first launch. It appeared to be using the exact same AppData folder as my boxed installation. So, seeing as it was effectively mimicking a boxed install, I installed the CJ2 to my Steam Edition, whilst telling the Carenado installer to do a boxed FSX installation to the Steam folder. And just like on boxed edition, it was a flawless installation. Loaded Steam Edition, the navigraph dlls made their permission requests, and the FMS ran flawlessly.

This whole thing has been bizarre and I'm still not entirely sure what the problem was, though I suspect that confusion is created in general when Steam Edition and Boxed copies are installed to the same system, even if one or both are later uninstalled. I hazard a guess that if I did try to install to Steam Edition but asked the Carenado installer to do a Steam Edition install, it may not have worked, as the FSX-SE folder in AppData didn't exist.

This has been a long post but believe me, when I was trying to fix this, I was soaking up every word I could find. I hope this can help someone.

On 23.11.2017 at 1:17 PM, bobik4000 said:

Hello,

Is the solution the same for FSX?

Thanks,

Grzegorz

Dear Grzegorz, entry #12 in this thread (page 1, from aussiedin) says it all for FSX. Worked fine for me!

On 12.7.2017 at 10:42 PM, mhp1280 said:

P3D V4 Fix

Check the dll.xml file, it should look like this

<Launch.Addon>
  </Launch.Addon>

mhp120, thank you so much for the actualisation. This was the key to use the HP850 in p3dv4!

Cheers, Gerold

Spoiler

Hardware: Intel i9-13900K @ 4.2 Ghz, BENQ EW3270U (3840*2160), 32 GB RAM DDR5-6000, Gigabyte Gaming OC Nvidia GeForce RTX 4080 16 GB, Samsung 980 Pro M.2: 1 TB (Win 11-System), Samsung 870 QVO SSD: 2 TB (MSFS), 2 * Samsung 850 EVO SSD: 1 TB (P3D 4.5 HF3) & 500 GB (spare). Scenery / Add-Ons: Lots of commercial & freeware sceneries. Plus REX Weather Force (MSFS), FS Global Mesh 2010, ActiveSky_P3Dv4, ASCA, EzDok v3, Pro-ATC/X and REX 4 Texture Direct (all for P3D).

Had this problem and was solved by reinstalling Ceranado King 350 selecting FSX and directing file pathway to FSXSE 

FMC downoaded and works fine