Sign in to follow this  
majuh

Mixed Fair Weather Theme

Do you like flying in good weather conditions, but you are tired of seeing the same cumulus clouds over and over again? This addon inserts a new weather theme with 256 randomly generated weather cells in Microsoft Flight:

Mixed Fair Weather
Enjoy a variety of cloud formations as you travel around the world in good weather conditions.

MixedFairWeather_zpsgxrisb6i.jpg

Download:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/h00plp5s1ocgnv5/Mixed_fair_weather_theme.zip

How to Install:
Install the file Mixed_fair_weather_theme.flightAddon with the latest version of the Flight Toolkit by stonelance.

Random in the same way the following is random? Or does it actually produce different results each time you use it?

random_number.png

(xkcd)

Random in the same way the following is random? Or does it actually produce different results each time you use it?

Yes, it's random as in that XKCD comic. It's like the weather themes that came with the Alaskan Wilderness Pack, there are lots of different weather cells, but they always stay at the same place. It would be nice to have some random offset moving the cells each time you start a flight, but I don't think that's possible.

Yeah, If only the weather theme selection could point to an autogen grouping that could then point to multiple themes and one would get randomly selected.

I don’t know if this is associated with what is being talked about here or not, but I have started running “Mixed Weather” recently, and on my clandestine flights it has forced me to be creative on takeoffs and landings. It has also made me fly around cells and to slow down the aircraft waiting for weather to clear at my destination. :lol:  :ph34r:

Sorry for the stupid questions I am going to ask here but I just got to.

1. Does this mixed fair weather theme use clouds from other weather themes to change the look of the fair weather theme?

2, Does the fairly stable and very light winds form the fair weather theme still exist?

3. After doing this change would still be able to fly online?

4. If so what changes would I need to do or prepare to continue to fly online?

Thanks

Moe

Sorry for the stupid questions I am going to ask here but I just got to.

1. Does this mixed fair weather theme use clouds from other weather themes to change the look of the fair weather theme?

2, Does the fairly stable and very light winds form the fair weather theme still exist?

3. After doing this change would still be able to fly online?

4. If so what changes would I need to do or prepare to continue to fly online?

Thanks

Moe

1. It's an entirely new weather theme (it uses the existing cloud textures of course)
  2. The original Fair Weather theme is unchanged, the new weather theme also has light winds
  3. Playing online is still possible (are the multiplayer servers still up)?
  4. I'm not 100% sure what happens when you host a session yourself and choose a new weather theme, but I think all players joining your session automatically download the host's weather

Thanks for the fast reply. Yes the online servers for multiplayer are still up. So it sounds like the winds from the original fair weather with heavier and random clouds. I'm in. thanks for the hard work. Will try that soon.

Moe 

Hey guys I added this addon to the registered addons list so it will show up in Addon Manager at the bottom now if you haven't already installed it.  Let me know if there are other useful addons you think people would benefit from having displayed in addon manager.

Hey guys I added this addon to the registered addons list so it will show up in Addon Manager at the bottom now if you haven't already installed it.  Let me know if there are other useful addons you think people would benefit from having displayed in addon manager.

Thanks!

@Steve: Can the Addon Manager automatically update a specific addon or replace it completely when added to the registered addons list?

Why not supply the 3 weather them files - why do we have to go thru this process ?

Rich Sennett

Why not supply the 3 weather them files - why do we have to go thru this process ?

Which files do you mean? Are you aware this is an addon for Microsoft Flight?

Which files do you mean? Are you aware this is an addon for Microsoft Flight?

Sorry I did not - thanks

Rich Sennett

@ 'majuh': Thank you for this addon - it's excellent! I just flew my first 'return to Flight' flight using your weather theme. Kudos!

Thanks 'stonelance' for adding addons to your utility! You are welcome to add my 'Blue and White' livery for the Icon A5 (available here) to your addon manager. I can email you my 'Sonic Blue' livery for the Icon A5 if you'd like that too (shown below).

Icon_Sonic_Blue_1.jpg