Sign in to follow this  
Boeing or not going

Milviz B55 or C310?

There's an old thread in the Milviz forum that does a good job explaining the problem with the fuel gauge.

The older installer was working great, except that the lights in the gauges did not work. It did not affect the lighting at night. Only during a dusk setting.

Ah, now I see.  The threads I've read indicated that this was a P3D problem.  Apparently not anymore, as I'm in FSX, just checked again and sure enough, I'm seeing exactly what others have been.  Fuel flow jumps to max at around 25% throttle at sea level.  Nutz.  The lighting problem at dusk has always been one of the few drawbacks of this plane, so I'd hoped this was addressed in the latest version, but all things considered I may go right back to my older install.

Scott

Well, I'm an idiot.  Funny how you can look at something again and again and see what you think you should see, not what's really there.  I made a mistake copying in my new RXPGNS.INI file which was responsible for the missing 430 popup.  I was using the config file from another plane, and didn't notice that I'd used different ID's for the panels even though I'd checked and double-checked that they matched.

They didn't.  :blush:

I did not get any help because I did not post this in the Milviz forum. I'm trying to get access to their forums to post my request for help.

FYI Jose, I've just posted something about this in Milviz' forum.

Scott

Fellows, I'll make this short because quite frankly this shouldn't even be in this thread. I had to revert to an earlier build in order to recover the mesh for the RXP units...

...worse still I had to repurchase both the 530 and 430 because my old keys were for the earlier non-WAAS versions and no longer worked.

In any case, the 'fix' I had made for the FF gauges evidently was not in this build, so I'll have to re-do that work as well.

BTW, both RXP units will pop-up in the Shift-2 window. I cannot possibly customize this for everyone's individual preferences. B)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Fellows, I'll make this short because quite frankly this shouldn't even be in this thread. I had to revert to an earlier build in order to recover the mesh for the RXP units...

Sorry Bill, but as often happens, the conversation drifted.  Mea culpa.

In any case, the 'fix' I had made for the FF gauges evidently was not in this build, so I'll have to re-do that work as well.

BTW, both RXP units will pop-up in the Shift-2 window. I cannot possibly customize this for everyone's individual preferences. B)

As noted elsewhere, your efforts are very much appreciated.  As for the pop-up issue, as I mentioned in my followup the problem was ENTIRELY due to my own stupidity.  I'm using my own modified config files and ended up tripping over my own two clumsy feet as a consequence.

Scott