Sign in to follow this  
Jimmy RFR

"If I had a hundred dollars" - newbie advice requested!

Agree about the space thing - 757 looks as if it's going into orbit. Waaay too dark at that altitude.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I miss atc sometimes as I am an avid user of RC4 for years but maybe I should take a shot at online atc for once.

I have no idea if it is any good at all but I saw a thread about a (I think 3rd party) plugin that lets Radar Contact work with X-Plane.

Agree about the space thing - 757 looks as if it's going into orbit. Waaay too dark at that altitude.

Have you guys switched on scattering? I flew the 777 at FL420 just for the heck of it, and it got dark, but not that dark... still looked quite blue to me.

Finally, a good looking color match for the 757.  Can't wait to download the russians new textures.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

With more research, I've discovered that there simply isn't the massive amount of payware scenery addons available, such as in FSX. However, I've also discovered that the freeware available for X-Plane is more than capable of elevating the sim (in very select regions) to a level I've never seen in FSX

Fully agreed, Jimmy. I also think you've expressed it better than I did.

As mentioned in another paragraph, it might be that the "too good" freeware actually blocks some payware devs from entering the market, but I'd currently see it as a big bonus for the folks getting to know XP and its potential.

It's just impressive to load up the sim with fairly detailed planes plus scenery plus mesh and still not having to worry about dreaded VAS limitations and things. So I hope there's more to come, the sim surely can handle it. B)

Have you guys switched on scattering? I flew the 777 at FL420 just for the heck of it, and it got dark, but not that dark... still looked quite blue to me.

I am going to play with the RTH settings to see if I can lighten the upper atmosphere 

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

Let me know how you make out. Surprised Skymaxx doesnt do this.

It can be fixed actually......by editing the high altitude skycolor set......hmmmm

Maybe something I'll include in v3

It can be fixed actually......by editing the high altitude skycolor set......hmmmm

Thank you!

any news when v3 will be out?