Sign in to follow this  
Joseph29

Looking for scenery for the Cayman Islands

Can anyone recommend good scenery for the Cayman Islands? I know Latin VFR made scenery, but for some reason they stopped selling the FS9 version. (the FSX version is still available though)

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I own the LatinVFR, which as you point out, seems to have been withdrawn from sale.  There is a freeware scenery, cayman01.zip, over at Flightsim but as it is based on default airport you will probably find it unsatisfactory.

I guess I should of bought the Latin VFR scenery when I could of. I wonder why they stopped selling it?

There's more freeware by Jonathon Schutte available at flightsim.com. Haven't tested it yet, but by file size it seems to be more sophisticated than the one by Marc Renaud.

In the LatinVFR forums, there's only the announcement that the Caymans aren't for sale anymore because there will be a new version (only for FSX and P3D). Same for MROC. Glad I have the latter! Seems that I have to buy all FS9 Caribbean sceneries by LatinVFR that I still haven't - luckily these are only three.

EDIT: After testing the abovementioned scenery, I have to say even for its time it's not more than average freeware but should be sufficient for those who need a Cayman scenery desperately (for tax purposes etc. :lol: ).

Can't email "solution" to OP.  Anyone have site I can upload to?

Just a heads-up:

There are some LatinVFR products on sale at SimMarket, in case anyone wants to buy before some more products are stopped to be sold.

Can't email "solution" to OP.  Anyone have site I can upload to?

If it's freeware, you can upload to the AVSIM Library. If it's payware, transactions like this are not allowed as it could be in violation of the developer's EULA. In any case, topic locked.