Sign in to follow this  
tonywob

10.40b5 now available

Look at my set up at the top right, Bob....set and locked to my REFRESH RATE, which is 30 FPS/6O Hz refresh rate for my monitor. Conversely, if you have a 120 Hz monitor..then your sim would be locked to 120, and 1/2 half that through the driver, to 60 max FPS. You then can use nVidia Inspector on your X Plane tab, to cut to 1/2 refresh rate. That's how it is done.  I had to redo this to make it clear, lol. I saw that I had left steps out...since I never change it.

Eclipse_42.png

The same...look for my screen shots of prior posts that display the same FPS with haze and multi-layer. They're all over the place, LOL!  BTW.. exactly what clear-blue cloudless sky are you seeing in these snaps?!??  I see haze, clouds out to the horizon, and cirrus above. These are not easy on GPU's, to render and maintain high FPS. That's been my usage history, lol.

Geez, I thought lock at monitor refresh rate would be the same as the monitor hz,  which for me is 60. I did not know that 60hz equates to 30fps.

Bob

nice

Here is one for ya...you can't stuff more atmospherics into a scene than this...and the FPS are maintained at my FPS cut-off! :)

Eclipse_43.png

Who makes the eclipse? Is it a 400 or 500?

Its the 550 and you can find it at the ORG.

John

John Wingold

Just caught my eye , why not 4XSSAA+FXAA :) ?

what FXAA does is mainly noticable in further mountatins , they look smoother , and FXAA is very easy on performance (even on my GTX460 ... maybe ~2FPS hit)

It blurs (softens) the deck....if you use the non-FXAA 4x...you get much cleaner and clearer edges to the objects and tiles.  You're right though..if you like a 'soft' focus...then there is no hit to performance.  That is very true.

Geez, I thought lock at monitor refresh rate would be the same as the monitor hz,  which for me is 60. I did not know that 60hz equates to 30fps.

Bob

You are most right, but by cutting the refresh by half with N.I., you'd get 30 FPS. I do the same for FSX and P3D.

Its the 550 and you can find it at the ORG.

John

Right...and there is v2.0 for this beauty!

Who makes the eclipse? Is it a 400 or 500?

A free-ware 550 and at v2.0  There is also a v1.0 and v1.5

All my shots are with the latest version.

But how is it on the more FPS hungry Airplanes as that Epic looks pretty bare minimal.

I'll load up my Carenado's and snap a few the next time I load up. I don't own any of the iron heavies...so I can not speak for that.

Don't be surprised at all, if I come back here with the King Air, the Baron, the SkyMaster 337...and they all reach 27-30 FPS as a constant reachable, even with my sim now loaded up like a 4 inch tall, deli pastrami on rye! :)

Bug Fixes

Fixes coming for Beta 5 (not yet released – coming in the next day or two)

• Fixed divergent texture fetches in HDR shader. There are artifacts on the horizon on Nvidia hardware before and after this change; we are still working on a complete fix.

Fixed missing code signature on OS X – this could cause the firewall warning to come up over and over.

Fixed mouse wheel zoom

Bug Fixes

Fixes coming for Beta 5 (not yet released – coming in the next day or two)

• Fixed divergent texture fetches in HDR shader. There are artifacts on the horizon on Nvidia hardware before and after this change; we are still working on a complete fix.
  • Fixed missing code signature on OS X – this could cause the firewall warning to come up over and over.
  • Fixed mouse wheel zoom

Are you saying these fixes have not been completed. If so, would it not need to be in b6? I already have b5, not sure how the system would know to update if b5 is already processed.

Thanks

Bob

There are artifacts on the horizon on Nvidia hardware before and after this change; we are still working on a complete fix.

That will explain all the weirdness I'm seeing in the distance, purple lines and halos around buildings

The mouse wheel zoom is fixed in beta 5.

NAX669.png

I like one comment that Ben made in his beta 5 blog comments, that is and I quote  "We have a bunch of new stuff to get into beta 6, maybe this weekend"

I wonder what "new stuff" means...whatever that may be  :ph34r: , it is a very welcome.  :Applause:

http://developer.x-plane.com/2015/07/x-plane-10-40-beta-5-is-out/#respond

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

Looks like this update has eaten the performance of XPX on my Lenovo Flex 2 which is an i5 4th gen with a GT820m 2GB , on my Toshiba the same airport and aircraft and conditions are giving me almost 12-15 fps which is still fun to fly with.

These both are laptop's as I do not have a desktop anymore but I am planning for an i7 with a Nvidia just for flight sims.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Hey Mitch, it is smooth and comfortable. I could not use HDR though it just puts me @19-23. I can't live with that. So down the road a new processor and v-card will be in the mix, but all my money recently went into an audio interface, microphones and some software so I can do some home guitar recordings. Actually the sim is now on the back burner.

Bob

Same for me, I went back to 10.36, as 10.40b5 was performing really badly for me. That's the joys of playing with betas

I went back to 10.36, 

How did you do that ?

I think the M version GPU of Nvidia is being affected

How did you do that ?

Run the installer again. Make sure "check for betas" is unchecked.

NAX669.png

Run the installer again. Make sure "check for betas" is unchecked.

Thanks mwilk.  

Wow I really like the first layer of clouds,  I am @PABI using real weather cool. Of course I had to switch off HDR.

Anyone facing issues with Xsquawkbox ? XPX crashes with it. Now this has been there since 10.30 days.