Sign in to follow this  
tonywob

10.40b5 now available

mwilk beat me to it :-)

I kept around 10.40 alpha 2 (The one Austin posted on Twitter) as it's the best build I've used yet. I hope the final version of 10.40 will perform like that one.

Hey Mitch, it is smooth and comfortable. I could not use HDR though it just puts me @19-23. I can't live with that. So down the road a new processor and v-card will be in the mix, but all my money recently went into an audio interface, microphones and some software so I can do some home guitar recordings. Actually the sim is now on the back burner.

Bob

Have fun strumming!

Btw, check out the program called SongSheet for the iPad. I use it for my lyrics and chords ,for my live performances . It is a god-send while on stage, Bob

cheers

I could not use HDR though it just puts me @19-23. I can't live with that

Honestly, I'd be made up if I got that framerate constantly with HDR enabled. That's more than smooth enough to fly for me ;-)

Can someone explain to me how to get the frame rate counter to display on screen. I run my FR's at unlimited and just go by smoothness but it might help for these discussions if I knew what the FR was.

NAX669.png

Honestly, I'd be made up if I got that framerate constantly with HDR enabled. That's more than smooth enough to fly for me ;-)

I was sort of thinking exactly the same thing , Tony.

Can someone explain to me how to get the frame rate counter to display on screen

Go into Settings -> Data Input/Output and tick the box for frame rate. The 4th box is for showing on the screen

Go into Settings -> Data Input/Output and tick the box for frame rate. The 4th box is for showing on the screen

Tony,

Thank you.

NAX669.png

Using the default clouds, does anyone else get whiteout when climbing or descending through a bank? It's very abrupt for me - whisps of cloud then suddenly in a bath of milk.

Using the default clouds, does anyone else get whiteout when climbing or descending through a bank? It's very abrupt for me - whisps of cloud then suddenly in a bath of milk.

Yes, I get that whitout flash, when using the default clouds. Very annoying. I dont get it with Skymax though but do if using default clouds, I do. Its been there for me since I first got XP a few years ago but does not happen consistantly.

Rob

I have an issue with loading. It seems to have started with the 40 releases. It takes 15 minutes to load - it seems to get stuck on 'reading new scenery files'. It eventually loads, just takes a loooong time.

OK. Might have spoken too soon. 20 mins and it still hasn't loaded.

I have an issue with loading. It seems to have started with the 40 releases. It takes 15 minutes to load - it seems to get stuck on 'reading new scenery files'. It eventually loads, just takes a loooong time.

check your scenery order in scenery_pack.ini in custom scenery.

I had same issue : 15 min with 'wrong'  order, 3 or 4 minutes with 'correct' order.

by 'correct'  i mean (from top to bottom) :

other airports

Aerosoft airports

Global Airports

LOWI Demo Area

w2xp

all libraries

z+42+009_F_Corsica_gx17 or other photosceney

zzz_hd_global_scenery3

in a 'wrong' configuration, the w2xp was too high.

I has issues with tree and farms v2 that were not in the correct possition too (i removed them from my scenery pack). Try to put them just above the W2xp sceneries

My correct is 'correct' for my system and correct according to what I read in the installations notes of the ad-ons. I give it for nformation if it may help.

This issue indeed was more appearant with 10.40 beta and extended dsf.

I had long loading time before 10.40 but not as much and always thought is was due to extended dsf. maybe we have a bug here too ?

------------------

Guillaume CHARRIER

Thank you very much for that. I'll take a look and report back. I really appreciate you taking the time to help.

I also have an issue with loading (and crashing). With the new W2XP sceneries by simheaven, Big or busy airports such as EGLL and EHAM gets stuck at "reading new scenery files" then my whole PC stutters and eventually recovers just to have Xplane not responding.

I have re-sorted my scenery pack.ini.

Any advice?

Any advice?

How much RAM and VRAM do you have? Your description sounds like your Computer runs out of RAM or VRAN, starts to swap and the collapses. But it is only a possible cause.