Sign in to follow this  
Meyerm

Orbiting in FSX?

No freeware space planes exist that allow maneuvering in space (just air pressure-dependent control surfaces) so I've been unable to try myself (if you know of one, let me know), but can orbiting be achieved in FSX? For anyone that has the payware space shuttle, feel free to share your experiences on how space flight works for that.

I has Orbiter sim and I've done some reading, so I know how spaceflight and orbiting works. I'm wondering how the FSX physics handles it, and if you actually orbit with the payware shuttle or just "mimick" orbiting.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

FSX doesn't model orbital dynamics properly, if at all.

Either use X-Plane, as Jim suggested, or Flightgear or Orbiter.

Is there any freeware space-capable plane that can maneuver in space? Or is it impossible and space just there as eye candy?

No, FSX does not support orbital flights no matter what you do, add, modify, change or adjust in FSX!

However, we have suggested other programs that DO support orbital flights!!

No, FSX does not support orbital flights no matter what you do, add, modify, change or adjust in FSX!

However, we have suggested other programs that DO support orbital flights!!

Actually, sort of! Try "Spaceflight v2.0" by Rob Barendregt. Also have a look in Simviation, FSX Misc downloads, up to page 15.

No need for X-Plane!

I don't care about orbiting. Just being able to maneuver in space, since freeware spaceplanes just spin uncontrollabley when they hit space.

Try it, that gauge will let you fly & maneuver up there. Try to land, using aicarriers, without gravity.

Not true, sir  :wink: . Please check out my post here

Not true, sir  :wink: . Please check out my post here

Member you responded to was banned.  How is he going to respond to your questions?  Topic locked.