Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

I just cancelled my W10 reservation....

What more does W10 offer for someone that just uses W7 just to surf, you tube Netflix and Flight Sim?

ZORAN

I just ask myself the questions........

Do I need Windows 10?

Do I have a nicely working PC at the moment?

NO and YES in my case means that I will not be installing Windows 10 any time soon.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

What more does W10 offer for someone that just uses W7 just to surf, you tube Netflix and Flight Sim?

1. Snappier surfing, sharper looking videos, a better looking and performing Flight Sim.

Takes about 4-6 hours to try it out and roll back if not satisfied.

1. Snappier surfing, sharper looking videos, a better looking and performing Flight Sim.

Ok thanks

ZORAN

JSkorna, on 04 Aug 2015 - 4:55 PM, said:

Haha what a joke! It's not 1st of April right.

maybe a fresh install gives you +1 fps by leaving out all the viruses.

Haha what a joke! It's not 1st of April right.

maybe a fresh install gives you +1 fps by leaving out all the viruses.

Ha. Ha. not.

Everything I have installed is working better under Win 10 compared to Win 7.

Maybe Win 10 is just a better OS than Win 7 is.

It was probably worth it just to get to 24126

Posting the truth is always worth it.

I don't want Microsoft to be able to take anything I have on my computer and do whatever they want with it, and that is what you agree to when you agree to their terms when you install windows 10. I am staying with windows 7 for sure.   http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/08/03/windows_10_privacy_defaults/

http://bgr.com/2015/07/31/windows-10-upgrade-spying-how-to-opt-out/

http://www.techworm.net/2014/10/microsofts-windows-10-permission-watch-every-move.html

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Smart move Bob. There is NOTHING in W10 that will make fsx run any better. You cannot change the underlying code and the issues with FSX/P3D have NOT been the OS. Wipe your HD and do a fresh install of W7 and FSX and you'll get a noticeable increase in performance. No magic bullet - you just cleared out all the accumulated crap amassed by the OS and FS.

W10 by itself may be an great new OS but a magic bullet for FSX it is not.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I don't want Microsoft to be able to take anything I have on my computer and do whatever they want with it, and that is what you agree to when you agree to their terms when you install windows 10. I am staying with windows 7 for sure.   http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/08/03/windows_10_privacy_defaults/

http://bgr.com/2015/07/31/windows-10-upgrade-spying-how-to-opt-out/

http://www.techworm.net/2014/10/microsofts-windows-10-permission-watch-every-move.html

Smart move Bob. There is NOTHING in W10 that will make fsx run any better. You cannot change the underlying code and the issues with FSX/P3D have NOT been the OS. Wipe your HD and do a fresh install of W7 and FSX and you'll get a noticeable increase in performance. No magic bullet - you just cleared out all the accumulated crap amassed by the OS and FS.

W10 by itself may be an great new OS but a magic bullet for FSX it is not.

Vic

Bob, read my reply to your other thread.

I don't want Microsoft to be able to take anything I have on my computer and do whatever they want with it, and that is what you agree to when you agree to their terms when you install windows 10. I am staying with windows 7 for sure.  

Sheesh - paranoid much?

You do realize those are merely settings that you have *complete control over* right?

There is NOTHING in W10 that will make fsx run any better.

Reworked OS code will. The same thing with P3D and FSX SE. Funny how that argument only goes one way isn't it?

Reworked OS code will. The same thing with P3D and FSX SE. Funny how that argument only goes one way isn't it?

As I said, there is NOTHING in W10 that will improve he CORE ESP code. That is not reliant upon the OS except for initial load and startup. Essentially after that DX9/10/11 take over. The graphics code is I the driver and ESP - the OS can not fix that. The OS read/write function has not significantly improved in W10 to make any difference. 

SO - reworked OS code will have no significant impact on any reasonably maintained w7 system as far as flightsim goes. As far as the OS goes - different story

Funny how the facts keep popping up, no?

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

As I said, there is NOTHING in W10 that will improve he CORE ESP code. That is not reliant upon the OS except for initial load and startup. Essentially after that DX9/10/11 take over. The graphics code is I the driver and ESP - the OS can not fix that. The OS read/write function has not significantly improved in W10 to make any difference. 

SO - reworked OS code will have no significant impact on any reasonably maintained w7 system as far as flightsim goes. As far as the OS goes - different story

Vic

Yea funny how benchmarks have shown that Windows 10/8/8.1 have had better performance than Windows 7. But then again going by your logic, why don't you just to go back the Windows XP.

Vic

Funny how there were all these performance increases from XP to Vista to Win7, but NOW ALL OF A SUDDEN there are no performance performance increases due to an OS. Funny how you can bend the facts to fit your story, right? Sorry, your selective memory isn't going to fly here, but I know where it will fly.