Sign in to follow this  
Jimmy RFR

Aerofoillabs Cessna 172 SP!

That's a big plus for me. I don't want to see pilot/passenger models.... ever. IMO every aircraft that comes with them should have the option to eliminate them.

Ideally, I want the ability to remove them while on the ground, and have them show when in the air.  But to be honest, I rarely take screenshots while in flight (although XP is changing my attitude on that!), and I rarely pan around outside of the aircraft in flight, so having them not there at all isn't a killer.  But not being to be able to remove them while on the ground is a big turn off for me; I like to do a small walkaround before and after flight, and seeing the pilot in the plane while I do so breaks the 'pretend'. ^_^

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

NEW VERSION AVAILABLE! - Airfoillabs C172SP 1.30
Dear Cessna Enthusiasts,

We were not able to respond to all your valuable posts, but I believe most of your comments and requests were incorporated in this new version.
You can download the new version on http://store.x-plane.org/.

Thank you for supporting our passion for realistic simulation.

UPDATE LOG:

BALANCED SOUND SAMPLES VOLUME
CORRECT SOUND SETTING FOR DIFFERENT VIEWS
START AUTOMATION MIXTURE LOGIC CORRECTED
FUEL SHUTOFF OPEN WHEN COLD AND DARK
HIGH AOA POWER ON P-FACTOR AMPLIFIED
LOW ENGINE TRQ DESCENTS YAW EFFECT
ADVERSE YAW AMPLIFIED FOR MORE REALISTIC COORDINATED TURNS
COMPASS TEXTURE CORRECTION (21 INSTEAD OF 18)
ELEVATOR TRIM LESS SENSIBLE
ELEVATOR LOGIC - BETTER BEHAVIOR IN STEEP TURNS
ENGINE TEXTURE OPTIMISED FOR BETTER PERFORMANCE
ELEVATOR INITIAL POSITION CORRECTED TO NEUTRAL POSITION AFTER RELOAD
WHEELS FRICTION LOGIC IMPROVED
RUDDER NOT EFFECTIVE ENOUGH CORRECTED
FUEL TANK WINDOW CORRECT VALUES
FUEL TANK SELECTOR SAVING POSITION
PAYLOAD AND FUEL WINDOW - PILOT ALWAYS IN THE COCKPIT FOR MORE INTUITIVE OPERATIONS
BLANK LIVERY AND DSA LIVERY
SIDESLIP BALL SENSITIVITY INCREASED
ANOTHER 3D MODEL AND TEXTURES OPTIMISATIONS FOR BETTER PERFORMANCE
TRANSPONDER FLIGHT LEVEL CORRECT NUMBER
DME DISPLAYING CORRECTLY DISTANCE IN NM
SIDESLIP KIAS DECREASE CORRECTED
ADDED SOUND FOR GRASS RUNWAY
G-EFFECT BOUNCING CORRECTED AND IMPROVED BEHAVIOR
INITIALISATION PROCEDURE OPTIMISED
ADDED SOUND FOR SIDESLIP WIND
GETTING INSIDE COCKPIT ANIMATION CORRECTED
ADDED KEY COMMANDS FOR WALK
WALK MODE DISTANCE RESTRICTION SQUARE
MANIPULATION MODE ACTIVE - MESSAGE

There is also a slight update of the manual. We are not happy with the state of the manual yet, but working on it, you can download it here.

Have a good flight,

Juraj Rovensky
Airfoillabs

Walk mode distance restriction square? I was interested in this because I read on a post here that you could walk all over the airport.

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Awesome update ! The stalling speeds seems a lot better now ! While testing the stalls, I ended up spinning the plane ! This is the first time ive seen a plane really spin in XPX !

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

This may be a dumb question, but, I purchased ver 1.20 and would like the new version. How do I get the upgrade without purchasing again? I only see an option to checkout. Also, is there a way to lower the pilot point of view to see out the side window in order to turn base to final and land? I assigned joystick buttons for this in x-plane, but it doesn't work with the 172SP.

Thanks

Hi MGS,

You can just login to your account at the Org store, The link for your download purchase would be the new version. The store is fast getting the links updated.

Regarding POV, you can just use the down arrow to lower your view and up to move position up. Interesting the joystick buttons don't work. I'll have to try this myself, as i set positions using CTRL+ Number pad numbers to save. Then you can just hit the corresponding number on the keyboard. Anyway, I hope this helped you. 

Best, Jeff

By default assigned xplane camera buttons will not work unless you disable all their "smart camera" features on their 172 proprietary menu giving camera control back to xplane.

On v1.30 the developers have included more custom commands and camera optimizations to simplify the camera operation while their smart system is active

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?showtopic=88073

Manuel Merelles

Very helpful! I'll try your suggestions regarding POV.

Thanks much.

I am really glad to see such a project getting away from the limitations of XP10 prop aircraft, when the default aircraft building tools are used, and trying to recreate a real prop aircraft as close as it is possible in XP10.

A sure buy for me, should I still be a XP10 user - a possible reason to get back :)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

@Ralf: ;-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I was interested in this because I read on a post here that you could walk all over the airport.

So far I've been able to walk around. Using this and a combination of slew mode, it's a great developer tool :-)

You can "walk" around the airport (and even all around the world) with the free camera, which is built into X-Plane. This feature still seems not known very well.

My sceneries (excerpt): LPMA Madeira, LGSR Santorini, the city of Fürth (Germany), ...

This feature still seems not known very well.

Yep, tried that and it doesn't seem to let me look at certain angles without adjusting the planes position, it's still centred around the plane. It also isn't the entire world, after you pan out from your plane, the LOD doesn't update so eventually everything blurs out.

Yep, tried that and it doesn't seem to let me look at certain angles without adjusting the planes position, it's still centred around the plane. It also isn't the entire world, after you pan out from your plane, the LOD doesn't update so eventually everything blurs out.

Aahhh ... ok ... the free camera might not work with this particular plane. I could imagine that the walkaround uses the free camera in the "background" and the view is shaking a bit, like a combination of free camera and cinema verite.

I actually meant that free camera generally (and not with this plane) is a good tool to explore the world. And my hint with the free camera was actually aimed to XP newbies and not XP experts like you, Tony :wink:.

My sceneries (excerpt): LPMA Madeira, LGSR Santorini, the city of Fürth (Germany), ...