Sign in to follow this  
A340-4

Cant click on anything in VC during flight

Dear fellow Avgeeks;

Today for no unknown reason I have been experiencing random VC freezes in my PMDG 777. After about one hr into the flight, I cant use my mouse anymore. I cant look around. If I click on something for example A/P it will still stay illuminated but in reality will disengage. My Yoke and pedals and throttle quadrant I can still use, but everything else that has to do with keyboard and mouse does not respond including FMC. Did any of you experience anything similar? Any solution? Many thanks.

My PC:

W 7 64bit

GTX 760 FTW 4Gb

I7 4790k

FSX SE

Steves DX10 fixer.

this happens alot to me if flying over oceans. If you cycle your views (ie press A) several times this usually free up the problem and "clears" and freezes

hope that helps

Stewart Cumbers

thank you. Yes, that's where it happened.

I wonder if PMDG is aware of this issue?

Thanks again.

If you move your viewpoint too far backwards this may happen in VC.

Move your viewpoint forward and see if all is ok again.

Menno 

i7-11700, 16GB, 1 TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, RTX 3070, Windows 11, MSFS 2020 DeLuxe, P3D 4.5

If you move your viewpoint too far backwards this may happen in VC.

Move your viewpoint forward and see if all is ok again.

Yes I recognise this glitchet .

I don't have any PMDG product's ,but I do have posky 777s and there VC. If zoomed out to far switches etc become unclickable.

Cheers Andy.

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

I wonder if PMDG is aware of this issue?

So aware of it that we even included it in the Intro Manual. This is an FSX issue related to cycling through Tower View, however.

Kyle Rodgers

So by pushing the view cycles over and over doesn't help :sad:

Would you kindly have any other suggestions? This is the 3rd time within the 8 hrs flight :sad:. I use Ezdok and when this happens I go trough all the views inside outside sideways, zoom in, zoom out, nothing resets it. If I try to click any buttons they just stay illuminated.
many thanks.

So by pushing the view cycles over and over doesn't help :sad:

You can cycle in two directions... this occasionally happens to me and I tap S a couple of times to step 'forward' through views then Shift+S a couple of times to step 'back' to the cockpit view.

The issue is definitely noted in the manual.

Thank you all very much for your answers.

Unfortunately changing views doesn't work for me. I did find another option: I just save the flight when this happens and load it back up again. This seems to resolve the issue.

Once again, many thanks for your help.

Unfortunately changing views doesn't work for me

Odd.. really odd.  Instead of the S key to change views try the A key to change cameras.... just quickly click A then Shitf+A to return to original view. Does that help?

Dan Downs KCRP

Unfortunately changing views doesn't work for me.

Are you using the default FSX commands to change views, or are you using EZDok commands to do this?

Kyle Rodgers

Im using A,S, SHIFT A, Shift S, and the cycle views on my joystick, all trough Ezdok.

Dan: Yes, really odd. I took a flight from PHL to DUB 6 1/2 hrs on Vatsim. ###### of some ATC because every 1 to 1/2 had to quit and log back in again via 'Save Flight"