Sign in to follow this  
warbirds

I must be doing something wrong

Thanks, I will try to roll back,,,hmmm, how do I do that?

If that does not work I will try the installer again and rename the files mentioned.

Similar method to what Deetee mentioned: open the installer and uncheck the "Check for betas" checkbox at the second page (after clicking on "Update X-Plane"). The installer will scan your system for the files that need to be changed and download the 10.36 files. Quite simple.

Thanks, not sure what to do when the screen that asked if I want to overwrite the old files? All files overwrite? Seems I have to keep clicking the overwrite all old files button.

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Will this remove any payware planes I have downloaded? If it does will it remove the activation for them because on one I only have two activations allowed.

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Not at all. It does not touch those folders that are not part of the original X-Plane install. So don't worry and go ahead to roll-back to 10.36.

Ok saved all the folders mentioned by adding "old" to their name and then reverted to 10.36 but still same fps. 

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Interesting. I suggest filing a bug report with Laminar Research. Detailed instructions for bugs are on that page.

Also consider posting about this at the X-Plane.org Technical Support forums. You need to create an account there. Please refer to the "stickied" posts at the top of that sub-forum.

Does anyone else here have ideas?

P.S. As someone suggested earlier - that switch on your motherboard might not be enough. Physically removing those GPUs could help. It helps to try everything to fix the problem.

Yes, maybe, before filling a bug report:

I see you have HDR antialiasing set at max (8x). There's a big chance this is the cause of your pfs problem. I can't even consider setting it above 4x with my GTX970.

Is anyone here able to set antialiasing to max ?

Pascal

Yes, maybe, before filling a bug report:

I see you have HDR antialiasing set at max (8x). There's a big chance this is the cause of your pfs problem. I can't even consider setting it above 4x with my GTX970.

Pascal

WOWOW that's your issue found right there straight away! great spot!

Set it no higher than 2x....! 

And go from there.....

8XSSAA is way too much for the current cards , even the most powerful today... (and not just in Xplane , also in other popular games like GTA V , but there I using a differnet method of AA , but SSAA is the hardest on FPS however looks the best)

Pascal generation by nvidia should be the step-up in this term (at least according what's promised by nvidia).

try lowering to 4XSSAA.

BTW , don't lock your FPS to 30 via nvidia drivers... I don't think there is any point for this..

If Warbird followed my advice a few pages back he will have already tested the Rendering Options by setting his to the Minimum preset; thereby eliminating the AA settings.

Also, if the X-Plane demo he tried a while back was also on v10.36 and was working fine, it should not be difficult to find the culprit.

I think I might have found part of the problem. I had set my Nvidia Inspector to default Nvidia settings for X Plane and it made little difference but today I deleted NI and cleaned the registry of it and re installed latest Nvidia drivers leaving the Nvidia panel stock and then just used the settings in X plane. Doing so I gained almost 10 fps.

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Certainly not. At the max AA settings X-Plane runs at 5 seconds per frame (read that carefully... :tongue:) As a matter of fact, since I have a HiDPI screen (1080p on 13.3"), I don't even need anything more than FXAA.

I think I might have found part of the problem. I had set my Nvidia Inspector to default Nvidia settings for X Plane and it made little difference but today I deleted NI and cleaned the registry of it and re installed latest Nvidia drivers leaving the Nvidia panel stock and then just used the settings in X plane. Doing so I gained almost 10 fps.

It was suggested a fairly long while ago that Nvidia Inspector doesn't work well with X-Plane.

Also, please head over to the rendering settings and set everything to minimum (there's a button for that near the bottom to reset everything). You have to do this, and slowly work your way up.