Sign in to follow this  
warbirds

I must be doing something wrong

Have you tried disabling or unistalling SkyMaxx to see what is the effect?

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Using fresh driver 355.83 and thinking of installing driver 355.58 that is supposed to have better open gl properties.

Water reflections have been off

64 win 8.1 and running 64 bit X Plane with latest beta

May not be the case for some people, but I once used WIN 8.1 with x-plane and got similar performance as you. Went back to win 7 x64, and it literally solved it all.....Not sure if thats an option for you or not.....

Ian

I5 4670K @4ghz

16GB RAM

GTX 770 4GB

I might try my older copy of win 7 64 if all else fails. Is there anyone else that has noticed better performance with win 7?

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

My performance got better than in win 7 when i migrated to win 10 pro.

Could be the nvidia driver version, but we're using exactly the same version :-/

Could be SkyMAxx v2, but I am also using it, although it's gain in performance compared to the default clouds is now marginal, even inferior in some circumstances.

Could be the extended DSF, but I am also using it... I do have 4GB in my card though. RAM is 16GB DDR3.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Could be SkyMAxx v2, but I am also using it, although it's gain in performance compared to the default clouds is now marginal, even inferior in some circumstances.

Really?

One last thing that might help is if you post your log.txt. It contains a lot of information, so we might be able to find something in there.

Good luck getting this sorted out!

Using fresh driver 355.83 and thinking of installing driver 355.58 that is supposed to have better open gl properties.

Water reflections have been off

64 win 8.1 and running 64 bit X Plane with latest beta

Did you use 10.40 beta all the time ? if so, start going back to 10.36 for now just to rule out some opengl bugs. 10.4 beta still has performance problems in different configurations and you might be one of the first ones to try 10.4 with some exotic tri-sli setup even though deactivated.

I deactivate the cards on the motherboad with a switch so there is no, absolutely no way the other two cards are interfering. On my MB I can switch any card on or off directly from four slider switches on the board itself. 

I can run two cards by using one for antialiasing and the other for the rest of the graphics and can do that for any game or sim but I have even shut that off. Nvidia allows one card to be used exclusively for AA in a two or more card setup. That is how I run older games that do not have any SLI working. 

But for testing, as of a couple days ago, I shut two cards down via the mb board and running everything on only one. 

I would be nice if X Plane had SLI as it would sure help some of use that use it. 

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

I deactivate the cards on the motherboad with a switch so there is no, absolutely no way the other two cards are interfering. On my MB I can switch any card on or off directly from four slider switches on the board itself. 

I can run two cards by using one for antialiasing and the other for the rest of the graphics and can do that for any game or sim but I have even shut that off. Nvidia allows one card to be used exclusively for AA in a two or more card setup. That is how I run older games that do not have any SLI working. 

But for testing, as of a couple days ago, I shut two cards down via the mb board and running everything on only one. 

I would be nice if X Plane had SLI as it would sure help some of use that use it. 

Problem is not X-Plane but more OpenGL not supporting SLI very well. Also did you try running the game in 10.36 ?

I thought nvidia had major driver issues on Win10?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I am not ready to try 10 yet but if it does help X Plane then I might try it anyway. 

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Warbirds,

You mentioned that the demo worked perfectly for you. Why not try copying out the preferences from there into your main X-Plane folder?

Warbirds,

You mentioned that the demo worked perfectly for you. Why not try copying out the preferences from there into your main X-Plane folder?

I still think the demo is 10.36 and now he is using 10.40b11 that the problem lies somewhere in the beta

I thought nvidia had major driver issues on Win10?

I thought my Windows 10 conversion was causing some problems, so I rolled back to 7.  The problems were still there and I figured out how to solve them and went back to 10.  It is much more fluid and FRs are up a little. Like anything else, Windows 10 is a little different and a little learning is necessary, but, overall, it has been a great experience.  As far as XPX is concerned, I see no problem.

John

John Wingold

I had the same issue once. As it turned out, it was my harddrive that wasn't up to the job. I moved X-Plane to another drive, and after that everything worked as expected.