Sign in to follow this  
warbirds

I must be doing something wrong

Seems slow to me compared to others that have posted. I have to run most things at medium if I want to use HDR and this sim really needs HDR. 

In the Challenger jet sitting in parking area of a larger airport I get about 20 fps with the settings in that log file.

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Seems slow to me compared to others that have posted. I have to run most things at medium if I want to use HDR and this sim really needs HDR. 

In the Challenger jet sitting in parking area of a larger airport I get about 20 fps with the settings in that log file.

Have you tried disabling all the plugins you might have (Gizmo, SASL, etc.)? One of them could be the culprit of the low performance?

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

I think I average 20 in built up areas with payware....  but I'm on a 2500k @ 4GHz

Can we try a direct compare?...since I know you have the CL30...

My settings -> Set 12 noon at L70 airport, Ry 4.  I'm on N508FX paintjob, with the horizontal stabilzer over the runway threshold bars (or try to max up the view as much as possible).  Clear skies

I'm getting 45 FPS here.

CL30L70_settings.jpg

cl30L70.jpg

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Ryan I noticed you don't have fullscreen checked. 

Murmer I have not disabled the plugins yet and Gizmo is almost required as I understand it. I really hope it is not any of the few plugins I have because X Plane would not be worth it for me if there was one I had to remove.

Ryan I tried to set up the scene but there are no buildings at this location in my version.

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Oh probably because I've got addon scenery for most socal airports....

What are your fps anyway?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

There is something really odd about that area. When I am on the runway you suggested I am getting 15 in the cockpit and that is lower than the default Seattle airport. And there is nothing there but desert.

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Ok yeah that's not good.

So odd.  I'm still thinking what could be the problem.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Hi - please try the following.

Rename these folders:

X-Plane\Custom Scenery

to

X-Plane\Custom Scenery OLD

X-Plane\Output\Preferences

to

X-Plane\Output\Preferences OLD

X-Plane\Resources\Plugins

to

X-Plane\Resources\Plugins OLD

Now run the X-Plane installer and update. This will download "clean" versions of the above folders as they were originally. (You can rename the old ones back later if desired). Please test and report back.

Murmer I have not disabled the plugins yet and Gizmo is almost required as I understand it. I really hope it is not any of the few plugins I have because X Plane would not be worth it for me if there was one I had to remove.

Ok I understand, but you should _try_ to disable all the plugins neverthless, to establish _if_ one of them is the culprit. Maybe they're not, but if one of them is the culprit, we'll never know if you don't try, and then we'd all be just wasting time for pages and pages of this thread. :smile:

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Since i have asked three times and still have no answer:

Are you running 10.36 or 10.40beta ?

I am asking this because you said the demo ran great (10.36) and in another thread you wanted to know which x-plane version to buy that would enable you to use the beta.

There where changes in the 10.4 OpenGL features and multiple people had huge performance issues with diffrent versions of the beta.

I know you said that you can "switch" off video cards with your board, but if it were me, I would try physically removing two of the cards and take a look.  Can't hurt anything and that would answer that question once and for all.  Something strange is going on here and unless you have something severely messed up, you should be getting great framerates. Also, what sized power supply?  All that stuff eats up your power.

John

John Wingold

Thanks guys but you really must eliminate the thoughts of my other cards being a problem. Here is a link to my mb and how it can switch off certain cards without having to remove them. https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/RAMPAGE_V_EXTREME/

Removing and replacing one or more of three cards is a big deal because they are so tightly spaced.

Alapha 12125 asked about which version I am using - the newest beta version is installed. 

deetee  said to rename folders and reinstall. As to reinstalling X Plane after renaming those folders, wow, took me 7 hours to download the first time but if you think it might help I will give it a try as last resort. 

Murmur I will do that later when I get home,,sure is worth a try, thanks.

Thanks again and I am trying some of your suggestions and some from some friends that have this sim. In the end it still could be the old "one pc will run this game just fine while another, even the same brand with the same parts, might not" syndrome. 

I am not looking for spectacular performance, just not 15 fps sitting in a empty desert. Not getting good frame rates in one small deserted area and then a bit better frame rates in a large busy airport has me thinking this might be  some type of scenery problem ?

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

deetee said to rename folders and reinstall. As to reinstalling X Plane after renaming those folders, wow, took me 7 hours to download the first time but if you think it might help I will give it a try as last resort.

No, you needn't try it as a last resort, you could do it right away.

Deetee told you to rename and/or delete those folders, and re-run the X-Plane installer, not re-install X-Plane fully. The installer will detect that you've already got X-Plane installed on your PC, and scan all the files in your X-Plane folder, and merely re-download the missing files only. It would download maybe 20-50 MB of files, perhaps a little more. A simple 10-minute process.

Alapha 12125 asked about which version I am using - the newest beta version is installed. 

Thanks again and I am trying some of your suggestions and some from some friends that have this sim. In the end it still could be the old "one pc will run this game just fine while another, even the same brand with the same parts, might not" syndrome.

Do a rollback to 10.36 and make a performance test there. I will almost guarantee you, you will have no performance problems. Before you do that, it doesnt make sense to try to fix anything at all. If it is the same problem with 10.4 then we can try to find the issue. But if the error comes from 10.40beta, which i now almost belive for sure, you will need to bug report to laminar or mail in detail to Ben about your issue so Laminar can fix it. Ben explicitely wrote about OpenGL bugs and performance bugs that could be introduced with the changes they made and that it needs to be reported.

It is not your PC, personally I think that is a myth that there is this strange PC combination that runs it like crap. This is a real important that you dont try to troubleshoot a beta software. I know its nice to have the extended dsf etc. But for now rollback to 10.36 and get a stable system first than we can work from there.

The most important thing is logical troubleshooting and that starts with a stable system (10.36), no addons, minimal details. And then you work from there on, one by one.

Thanks, I will try to roll back,,,hmmm, how do I do that?

If that does not work I will try the installer again and rename the files mentioned.

i-5vbvgq6-S.png