Sign in to follow this  
warbirds

I must be doing something wrong

I just noticed that you are running three (3) video cards.  While I have never been fortunate enough to run more than one and have struggled over the years to keep that up to date, I have always heard that SLI in X-Plane does not work.  I don't know personally because of the above, but is it possible that these cards might be fighting with each other and causing your otherwise unexplainable problems?  It wouldn't take long to take two of these beasts out and try it with that.  I might be way in left field, but why not?  

John

John Wingold

+1 what John says could also be the cause.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Answer to above post - in previous post I explained I am only using one card for X Plane. 

I did delete the preference folder and started over and that seemed to help but there is still something not right because I keep getting the odd pause once in awhile. 

I also tried not using NI and just using the in game settings but that did not help. I will keep at it and eventually find the problem. 

Thanks for all the advice at least I have it running some better. 

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Me too, specially when using SkyMaxx Pro.

Might also be due to the NOAA plugin weather updates ?

Anyway, they do not follow a normal pattern...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Do you have Andras Mesh v3 installed ?

Where do you have X-Plane 10 installed - same partition as your system ( sorry, but with such a high-end system, everything comes to my mind.... ) ?

Are you using an AV or Anti-Malware product, and haven't added the X-Plane folder to it's exclusions ?

My system is just a 4yo i5 2500, running win 10 pro 64 bit, with X-Plane 10 on a 250 GB SSD ( shared with Aerowinx PSX ), and an ASUS GTX 960 4 GB GDDR5 card.

I noticed a slight fps improvement when, a couple of days ago I updated my Nvidia drivers to the latest version ( 355.82 ).

X-Plane 10 runs smoothly, with extended DSF. I am now using the older OSM scenery from SimHeaven, instead of World2XP which was a bit more demanding, specially in terms of loading times and when usin X-Plane with PSX.

I can't understand why you set such low performance :-/

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

THis is on the laptop all maxed settings with HDR ON.

dr400_2.png

Your problem must be the multiple GPU's , I would disable them and try on a single GPU.

I would not use NI. Just use the Nvidia default cpl.

Are you getting the bad performance everywhere ?

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Again,,,if you have read the whole thread you will see I have shut down all but one card but it made no difference. 

No mesh or scenery installed, only Skymax so far. Xplane is on my desktop in it's own folder, all running on ssd drive C. 

I don't run any virus programs, only basic ZoneAlarm and it is set with allowances for X Plane.

I think it is just one of those things guys, some pc's will run one thing great and another not so great. 

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Again,,,if you have read the whole thread you will see I have shut down all but one card but it made no difference. 

What driver number are you using ?

Make a clean install of 355.82 if you can Paul.

Main Simulation Rig:

Are you getting low fps everywhere?

Is anything else running in the background?

You're running the 64bit version of XP right?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I disable water reflections.... I find it removes the 'pause' and increases FPS double over! 

Using fresh driver 355.83 and thinking of installing driver 355.58 that is supposed to have better open gl properties.

Water reflections have been off

64 win 8.1 and running 64 bit X Plane with latest beta

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

At least you're making progress!

It's a good idea to get it running just right with vanilla XP before you mess about with some of the nice addons these guys are tempting you with. :wink: