Sign in to follow this  
YukonPete

World 2 Xplane making no difference?

So I installed world2xplane and followed the Quick start Guide for generating Switzerland. I downloaded and installed the required R2, FFLibrary and Open Scenery X.

I run the program and it generates the switzerland-latest folder and I place it in the X-Plane Custom Scenery folder. I then load X-plane and close it. I open the scenery_packs file and move the SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/switzerland-latest/ to below the Airports. I then reload Xplane and I don't see any difference whatsoever!

Any tips?

Thanks

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

I have just done Vietnam, Malaysia, Thailand and Indonesia and I had exactly the same 'problem'. Cannot see any difference at all. So I too would be interested in an answer to this one.

I7-6700k 32 gig RAM, NVIDIA GTX-980 TI 6G RAM, GTX-460, Saitek X55 throttle, Combat rudder pedals, CH Eclipse yoke,TrackIR 5, 5 monitors (main is 40" 4k), Corsair K95 RGB k/b, Win 7 x64. X-Plane XP 11.1+

I did Switzerland, Alaska and Australia and got no changes! No extra building or roads.

Pete Richards

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

Yes I have the world models installed

Pete Richards

If there is no OSM data for the area then you get no output. It's pretty crummy here is the US as well.

I've done Switzerland and it's well covered. Hmmm, have you got the latest world models folder (from the same site as the app) in your custom scenery folder and under the Switzerland-latest file in the .ini?

Just out of interest how long did it take to generate Switzerland? If you did it properly it should have taken several days.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

I've done Switzerland and it's well covered. Hmmm, have you got the latest world models folder (from the same site as the app) in your custom scenery folder and under the Switzerland-latest file in the .ini?

Just out of interest how long did it take to generate Switzerland? If you did it properly it should have taken several days.

Yes I do. I downloaded the files today.   And the world models folder is under the Switzerland-latest file in the .ini.

it took about 2 hours

Pete Richards

If there is no OSM data for the area then you get no output. It's pretty crummy here is the US as well.

This is what I've noticed as well - sucks

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I followed the Quick start Guide for generating Switzerland step by step so I don't understand why its not working! 

Pete Richards

Much easier to just download the w2xpl_Europe file and place that in the custom scenery folder.  All the work has already been done.  The w2xpl_Europe file covers all of Europe and really makes a difference in realism.

Yes I do. I downloaded the files today. And the world models folder is under the Switzerland-latest file in the .ini.

it took about 2 hours

Something doesn't seem right with the generation if it only took a couple of hours. Luckily Tony, the author of W2XP is also the XP mod here so he'll be able to weigh in at some point.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Regarding the order of entries in the ini file: I always thought that the libraries can be placed anywhere. Would it make a difference to put the world models over the w2xpl generated country-latest folder?

Hans

Regarding the order of entries in the ini file: I always thought that the libraries can be placed anywhere. Would it make a difference to put the world models over the w2xpl generated country-latest folder?

No, all libraries are always called when needed. So their position in the ini file doesn't mean anything. Thier location in the sceneries folder only guarantees that they are inside of the search path.

Please check your log file if there are any errors about missing scenery packs, and as stated, make sure you have all the libraries listed on the download page. 

Also, please post your scenery_packs.ini file. Switzerland is generally very good with OSM data, and should immediately see the difference.