Sign in to follow this  
Driver170

Very good article. another reason to keep well away from windows 10

Everything on that blog are features that depend on you using a Microsoft Account to log in to your computer.

If you're like me, you don't use a Microsoft Account. It's useless unless you want to download "metro apps", which were introduced in Windows 8. The "Windows App Store" is garbage and there's nothing of value there anyway, so why would anyone log in with a Microsoft Account to their computer? Doesn't make any sense to me.

Another alarmist article.  People are really overreacting to this.   Don't use Google or Amazon then as both do the same kind of thing.  

People have said similar about all previous windows versions.  Remember the scaremongering about the digital kill switch in Windows 7 - what happened to that? 

What are people really scared of?  Are people having their houses raided or going missing overnight?  LOL!

Some people seem to hate microsoft with such venom, I don't even know why they buy thier flight sim!

My two desktops and two laptops have all seamlessly updated to W10, and it is pretty good I have to say.  

I am not worried about being spied on anyway - am I really that important?  I don't think so.  :smile:  

EDIT:  Ha!  That (rather sensationalist in my opinion) article directs you to free software to disable all the 'spying' features anyway, so what are people worried about?

Download the free software, run it, and sleep easy!   Really, what is all the fuss about?   :lol:

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Dam Jim, it is dead. LOL

Regards Ted Kiser

But with Windows 3.1 I can't pull up everyone's property tax history like I can with XP to the OSs of today.

Where's all the outrage about that?

LOL. The nsa can do anything it wants so you privacy is almost a mot point.

Regards Ted Kiser

So, Microsoft is watching me, Android is watching me, Google also has it's eye on me.

As for the GPS I use on my Android.. "Here" (a Nokia product!).. I see it has been sold to a motor group consisting of BMW, Daimler & VW... So all my location info can be accessed by them as well?

OMG.... Now they all know where & how many times I void my bowels each day!

I'm happy sharing that kind of info!

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

The trouble with windows 3.1 is it that it means that you can no longer take your forms in to the girls in the room that produces the punch cards. It is the highlight of the day.

linux731, on 15 Sept 2015 - 06:43 AM, said:

Everything on that blog are features that depend on you using a Microsoft Account to log in to your computer.

If you're like me, you don't use a Microsoft Account. It's useless unless you want to download "metro apps", which were introduced in Windows 8. The "Windows App Store" is garbage and there's nothing of value there anyway, so why would anyone log in with a Microsoft Account to their computer? Doesn't make any sense to me.

+1

Thought I'd also mention that with the Windows 10 Store, it allows you to login to your Microsoft Account to download and use the Windows Store apps without using the Microsoft Account to login to the system.

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

+1

Thought I'd also mention that with the Windows 10 Store, it allows you to login to your Microsoft Account to download and use the Windows Store apps without using the Microsoft Account to login to the system.

Ah, didn't know that. In Windows 8 you had to be using a Microsoft Account with the whole system in order to use the store.

Regardless, who cares... All those "tile apps" are rubbish anyway... First thing I do on a clean install of W8 or W10 is change the default picture/video openers from "apps" to normal programs.

Edited by linux731

The trouble with windows 3.1 is it that it means that you can no longer take your forms in to the girls in the room that produces the punch cards. It is the highlight of the day.

Yes, you can. You just need to go to a brick and mortar store and buy a program on a 3.5 inch floppy, come home, throw that disk into your floppy drive and then punch card away. Your god given rights to privacy will still be protected.