Sign in to follow this  
jetsmell

Geoglyph- The next generation flight simulator

Sorry, it looks WAY too much like Outerra.  I've used Outerra and there are so many similarities that I had to flag this suspicious.  Then again, I've been on a serious paranoia kick lately so if I'm wrong, then I'll go back to hiding under my tinfoil hat in the cave.

-Jim

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Correct me if I'm wrong, please.

But isn't this all just stuff in The Next-Gen Flight Simulator Symposium thread, but now consolidated onto a WordPress page?

http://www.avsim.com/topic/469292-the-new-faster-leaner-next-generation-flight-simulator-sim-posium-is-now-available-for-your-input/

The NGIS: Promise

Since we began this project in May 2015, as a Symposium, we have been actively gathering a team of dedicated developers who have one goal, which is the building of a Next Generation Flight Simulator.

And these videos shown are content produced by the makers of UNIGINE, and not those of NGIS, right? Or am I wrong?

I'm not sure if this is a pitch for selling a product, or a recruitment tool for developers to actually make a product.

Just like hungry dogs chasing a bone!

Yup, it looks quite impressive, proof of concept?

Pretty much.

In the Reddit flight forum, there was a developer that I believe mentioned using these tools towards a mockup of a potential flight simulator with PMDG quality planes. The initial reaction was excitement, before the cynicism kicked in, and the developers (whether rightly or wrongly) were soon handed their own &@($*'s.

If you follow the breadcrumbs, you will find that much of this new interest is being generated by the latest iteration of The next generation Flightsim symposium. To those keeping track, the new direction was telegraphed well in advance.

Good luck to them. We need all the options available, and hopefully they will be given a fair hearing, where the negativity and cynicism just beneath the surface won't eat them alive.

Again.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5