Sign in to follow this  
skwaL

Scenery issue (FSDT and FlightBeam)

So recently I ran into a scenery issue where the causes are a mystery to both FSDreamTeam and Flightbeam. Now Remember their sceneries are controlled by couatl (addon manager). So to the issue, essentially when I load the flight spawning at any of the airports made by those software manufactures half the buildings are either missing or they are gone. I know that sounds the same because it is. Every single time I spawn at FSDreamTeam or FlightBeam airport some buildings go missing. I decided to play around and restart addon manager ( couatl) several times....and guess what happened....some buildings reappeared and some disappeared. But here is where it gets interesting as soon as I start flying closer towards the buildings they reappear as you will see in the screenshots that I have posted. So far what I have tried:

- Reinstalled both addon manager and sceneries
- Reinstalled fightsim
- Reinstalled 3 versions of Windows: 7, 8.1 and 10
- Refreshed and rolled back video driver to very old, old and new.

- Switched the locations of my RAM sticks as well as my Video card to different slots.
- Refreshed (obviously) my FSX.CFG
- Tried various settings in Nvidia Inspector

FSX CFG Questions:
Yes I have ran FSX.CFG resets but results were the same doesnt matter which configuration are ran be it LOD_RADIUD 4.5 or 6.5 or 8.5

My hardware setup:

Motherboard: Rampage IV Formula
CPU: i7 3820 @ 4.75Ghz (yes I tried stock clocks)
Harddrives: 2 SSD and 1 Regular (Samsung 840PRO 256 SSD, OCZ Vector 256 SSD and 1TB WD Black)
Video Card: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 770OC
Sound Card: Asus Xonar DSX

Below are the screenshots showing me setting addon manager (black spots are missing buildings)

restart2.jpg

restart1.jpg

restart3.jpg

Below are the screenshots depicting sequence of events as I get closer to the missing scenery buildings

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

All suggestions are welcome.

Konstantin

Try the instructions below, paying attention to the part about your virus scanner. This is a copy and pasted from the Flightbeam forums FAQ.

If this doesn't work open a thread at either forum for support from the developer.

Please follow this procedure if your buildings are not showing up. This is directly from FSDreamteam. Please keep in mind, 99.9999% of the time, antivirus or other security software is responsible for no buildings showing. 

When buildings don't show, it indicates that there was a problem with the installation of Addon Manager and Couatl.

When FSX is loaded, do you see the Addon Manager and Couatl menu when you go to the top menu?

If you are missing one or both menus, the most common cause it's the antivirus, the first solution to try is this one, even though you already tried turning it off during install:

- Uninstall the scenery. Reply YES when asked if you want to remove the Addon Manager and the Couatl Engine. Reply YES to both questions.

- TURN OFF your antivirus. Don't just exit from its interface, but turn off the real time protection. Actual wording changes between products, however, it's the option to scan every file that gets open in real time, without user intervention.

- Reinstall the sceneries with the Antivirus TURNED OFF. Don't launch FSX yet.

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll

YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\couatl.exe

YourFSXFolder it's usually C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X, if you installed it in the default folder.

- Now you can turn the antivirus back on, and launch FSX.

- Check you are seeing BOTH the "Addon Manager" menu AND the "Couatl powered products" menu under the "Addons" menu.

Other but more rare situations that may affect the install: 

- Internet connection interrupted during install, or Couatl Live Update

- Your FSX or P3D doesn't have Addon Manager or Couatl "trusted". Check your DLL.XML and EXE.XML to make sure the Addon Manager entries are there, and trusted. Typically after installing for the first time and running the sim, it will ask you if you want to run both software and to click YES to trust. 

- Some users don't realize they have more than one antivirus software running. 

- Sometimes your Windows user account doesn't have full privileges. Run the install as administrator.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Try the instructions below, paying attention to the part about your virus scanner. This is a copy and pasted from the Flightbeam forums FAQ.

If this doesn't work open a thread at either forum for support from the developer.

Please follow this procedure if your buildings are not showing up. This is directly from FSDreamteam. Please keep in mind, 99.9999% of the time, antivirus or other security software is responsible for no buildings showing. 

When buildings don't show, it indicates that there was a problem with the installation of Addon Manager and Couatl.

When FSX is loaded, do you see the Addon Manager and Couatl menu when you go to the top menu?

If you are missing one or both menus, the most common cause it's the antivirus, the first solution to try is this one, even though you already tried turning it off during install:

- Uninstall the scenery. Reply YES when asked if you want to remove the Addon Manager and the Couatl Engine. Reply YES to both questions.

- TURN OFF your antivirus. Don't just exit from its interface, but turn off the real time protection. Actual wording changes between products, however, it's the option to scan every file that gets open in real time, without user intervention.

- Reinstall the sceneries with the Antivirus TURNED OFF. Don't launch FSX yet.

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll

YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\couatl.exe

YourFSXFolder it's usually C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X, if you installed it in the default folder.

- Now you can turn the antivirus back on, and launch FSX.

- Check you are seeing BOTH the "Addon Manager" menu AND the "Couatl powered products" menu under the "Addons" menu.

Other but more rare situations that may affect the install: 

- Internet connection interrupted during install, or Couatl Live Update

- Your FSX or P3D doesn't have Addon Manager or Couatl "trusted". Check your DLL.XML and EXE.XML to make sure the Addon Manager entries are there, and trusted. Typically after installing for the first time and running the sim, it will ask you if you want to run both software and to click YES to trust. 

- Some users don't realize they have more than one antivirus software running. 

- Sometimes your Windows user account doesn't have full privileges. Run the install as administrator.

Im actually in talks with Umberto (owner of Addon Manager and FSDT) and I let him know that I went through those steps, I also managed to to reinstall Visual C++ Packaged. Nothing helped, I think either my CPU or GPU is interfereing with Addon Manager. Essentially they (Both Umberto (FSDT) and Mir (FlightBeam)) are clueless on what is going on, therefore I took it else where to see what people will have to say. Also I have several other sceneries installed for test, KPHL, CYYZ from FlyTampa and EDDF from Aerosoft, no such problems with them.

Im actually in talks with Umberto (owner of Addon Manager and FSDT) and I let him know that I went through those steps, I also managed to to reinstall Visual C++ Packaged. Nothing helped, I think either my CPU or GPU is interfereing with Addon Manager. Essentially they (Both Umberto (FSDT) and Mir (FlightBeam)) are clueless on what is going on

Had no idea you've talked to Umberto as I didn't see your thread on their forum. You'll probably have to do a TeamViewer session with Umberto if you ask him or he suggests.

I remember from Umberto and his forum that there is some other 3rd party software from other vendors that can cause issue like your describing. You'd have to ask Umberto for the list if he hasn't already asked you about them, or search their forum to see what those other programs are. I can't remember off the top of my head but if I do remember them I will pass it on.

Also I have several other sceneries installed for test, KPHL, CYYZ from FlyTampa and EDDF from Aerosoft, no such problems with them.

Of course not, they are not dependent on Couatl to render. Only FSDT and Flightbeam sceneries operate using Couatl.

Post Edit: Saw your thread where you said you never changed the compatibility settings. You'll probably have to bump the thread since he didn't reply again or PM him and ask for a TeamViewer session so he can check it out. You positive you never changed any compatibility settings? Maybe check the FSX.EXE just to make sure it has never been changed and all compatibility settings are off.

Had no idea you've talked to Umberto as I didn't see your thread on their forum. You'll probably have to do a TeamViewer session with Umberto if you ask him or he suggests.

I remember from Umberto and his forum that there is some other 3rd party software from other vendors that can cause issue like your describing. You'd have to ask Umberto for the list if he hasn't already asked you about them, or search their forum to see what those other programs are. I can't remember off the top of my head but if I do remember them I will pass it on.

Of course not, they are not dependent on Couatl to render. Only FSDT and Flightbeam sceneries operate using Couatl.

Post Edit: Saw your thread where you said you never changed the compatibility settings. You'll probably have to bump the thread since he didn't reply again or PM him and ask for a TeamViewer session so he can check it out. You positive you never changed any compatibility settings? Maybe check the FSX.EXE just to make sure it has never been changed and all compatibility settings are off.

Yea, all compatiblity settings are off, Umberto was gonna Team Viewer with me tonite not sure if its still happening but we shall see...

Yea, all compatiblity settings are off, Umberto was gonna Team Viewer with me tonite not sure if its still happening but we shall see...

If it happens tonight and gets fixed, let us know what was wrong in case it happens to one of us. Good luck.

I never got a reply from Umberto, sat the whole day at home and waited for nothing. My gut feeling is that they have no idea how to fix it and wont as I am the only person with this problem. I guess I will be flying to the airports with no terminals......on the bright side....at least the runways are working.

I wouldn't give up that easy. PM Umberto and have him set a firm commitment with a date and exact time. Let him know you waited all day for him, etc. I'm sure he can get it figured out, I've seen him solve some really bizarre problems in the past.

I already replied to you this morning (I not *always* available on Sunday, and we are not on the same time zone, of course), in order to have a Teamviewer session, you must send me the session data. I was online and available since today, early morning (CET)

I followed the 3 steps with the addon manager and everytime I wanted to put the serial number for my product fsx shuts down, so what has happenened ?  I have the following products from FSDT, CYVR< KFLL, KDFW, KIAH< JFK Vol2, KLAX, KORD, from FlightBeam, KDEN, KIAD, and KSFO HD,  

Never ever had a problem installing any of these products except KSFOHD as mentioned above,  WHY ? What do I do ?

I followed the 3 steps with the addon manager and everytime I wanted to put the serial number for my product fsx shuts down, so what has happenened ?  I have the following products from FSDT, CYVR< KFLL, KDFW, KIAH< JFK Vol2, KLAX, KORD, from FlightBeam, KDEN, KIAD, and KSFO HD,  

Never ever had a problem installing any of these products except KSFOHD as mentioned above,  WHY ? What do I do ?

You shouldn't post a support question here, especially considering your issue doesn't have anything to do with the problem reported here, which is very specific, and it's about buildings that appear only when getting very close to them.

Please post your question on the FSDT forum, of by email, which is the best place to discuss any problems with activation.

In general, problems during activation, are usually caused by firewall software that blocked access to the activation server. If you saw the manual activation screen (the one that asks for an activation key in *addition* to your Serial Number), and your internet connection is working, then it's sure a firewall problem, so you must turn it off while activating.

I wouldn't give up that easy. PM Umberto and have him set a firm commitment with a date and exact time. Let him know you waited all day for him, etc. I'm sure he can get it figured out, I've seen him solve some really bizarre problems in the past.

Well I dont believe it! Big thank you goes out to Umberto, he managed something out of simple suggestion (after literally almost 2 hours of testings via teamviewer) and it worked. Essentially and sadly the problem comes down to the flight simulator itself. As far as I have understood there is LOD problem with FSX Deluxe Edition with SP2. After installation of FSX Gold Edition (acceleration), and reinstalling all addons, everything works flawlessly. I am sure he will put it down as the solution for those issues.

The ordeal is over.

Glad its over  thought Umberto  would  fix  it  for  you, he usually  does

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg