Sign in to follow this  
TheFlightSimGuy

Got my first OOM in P3D V3

Here you go J

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Seems like all I am getting here is doubt from the regular crowd and I have learned my lesson about sharing experiences that aren't in favor of the vocal locals. Frankly, I am put off by the experience here more than the OOM itself. 

What I find works better at "sharing information" is to use this approach "I'm having (or had) a problem with XYZ, anyone else have this issue" ... then provide as much detail as possible about your environment ... this process tends to get a more positive response in a shorter period of time.  Also avoids an entire series of question "Do you have this product", "what driver version", etc. etc.   The more accurate information that is present the less others have to try to extract.

If no one else is having a problem and can't duplicate it, then that is probably a good indicator it's specific to something unique in your environment and not an issue with the products you installed.  If you don't think it's your environment, then you'll need to be able to replicate the issue consistently and provide those details to FB/LM or whatever 3rd party vendor is involved. This approach works well on any forum and is not specific to P3D, FSX, XP10.

But I'm confused at why you would NOT want to resolve a problem you were having with OOM -- isn't that why you would "share information"?  

Here is a test video I made using your settings, location, add-ons, and aircraft ... as you can see from the video I start at 2.5GB VAS do what I think is a similar flight  to yours upto 20,000 ft, back down and land (hard) on RWY5, then taxi along past most of the gates at KSFO ... ending VAS was about 3.1GB ... VRAM used was 2.1GB.

(video includes VAS numbers, settings, etc. all done real time ... it is 4K res so lower resolutions may have a hard time reading the value, but I think you 1440 should be good) -- YouTube is still "processing" the video now so should be available in about an hour or so:

Cheers, Rob.

A bit OT but could someone post a link to Rob's Heli V3 video? I am not sure with vid it is and I'd like to copy his settings: makes testing things more useful if you use similar settings.

You'll need Orbx NCA and FSUIPC and FB KSFO HD installed if you want to match the add-ons also (which I recommend you do if you want a non-skewed test) ... NCA was a huge VAS consumer in V2.5 for my setup, in V3.0 I can fly the area all day with very high graphics settings ... no OOMpahs.

Cheers, Rob.

Nice work Rob.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Thanks Rob. Those kinds of videos are extremely facinating to me. I love seeing quality testing like that.

Well here we are again. Same scenario but with ORBX NCA with clear skies except took down texture resolution to 2048 and removed user vehicle reflections from water. Not sure why this is happening but I finally got a screen cap for you. I will try to get a video next. 

p3doom.png

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

Here is the video, my shadowplay didnt like when I switched screens to pull up process explorer but you get the idea. I had clouds on here. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

Silly question, I know, but as ORBX NCA is not compatible with v3, could that be a reason for the OOM? Yes i know that everything can be done but still........

Jack

the Swede in Spain

I'll be back when the 64 bit version is released....

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Silly question, I know, but as ORBX NCA is not compatible with v3, could that be a reason for the OOM? Yes i know that everything can be done but still........

Jack

the Swede in Spain

I doubt it. 

Did you test your memory stick for bad sectors? :excl:

I checked it out and my RAM is fine. 

Anyway, I am still troubleshooting this to understand it. I have had mostly a good experience but every now and then something strange like this comes up. I will do more testing and report back. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

Well here we are again.

Wow. I'm deeply impressed. You were able to get an OOM in P3D v3. You are a true hero... :p0802::Party:

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

well got my first over London approaching Gatwick with the airbus, toning down settings . I assume flying over aerosoft heathrow active, then centre of London and turning to Gatwick the scenary did not have time to unload. ftx England on as well with 4096 textures asking for trouble.

Colin hodds

I7 9700K,nvidia 3090 ,ssd ,32gig 3200mhz ram ,win10,prep3d

Hello. I ve got today also an OOM. Could it be, that when i reset the position of GSX and restart it again, the VAS take GSX two times?

Got an OOM flying the Milviz Baron from San Carlo to San Francisco today with Orbx N.California and KSFO HD.

I did the same flight 3 times, 3 OOMs.

I have a watercooled 4970@4.4GHz , 32Gb Corsair low latency RAM and a GTX 980Ti 6 Gigas.

The computer is stable, passing all tests flawlessly.

I can reproduce same OOMs flying around London airport with FTX England.

Flying out of ORBX regions but with Orbx Global enabled I never had OOMs with P3D v3 so far, even with complex airports, heavy weather and PMDG planes.

Pity because I really love ORBX airfields and airports but already from P3D v1 I am having this kind of troubles on different machines and can't believe their softwares are free from bugs causing memory leaks.

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.