Sign in to follow this  
RJC68

10.40 & New Nvidia Drivers

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone has been using the latest drivers from Nvidia with 10.40?

I have a GTX780 and have been using the older 337.88 driver as documented in a pinned topic in this forum. I have been wondering about the newer drivers lately but 10.36 ran pretty well.

I just updated my Steam version to 10.40 and right out of the box it seems great and I am no longer using RTH. All I have done is to use the Sky colours mod from the ORG and visually it looks fantastic. I am still experimenting with finding the best settings for my system and did upgrade my RAM from 8 GB DDR3 1600 to 16 GB DDR3 1866

Interested to hear anyone's thoughts

Richard

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

I've been running 353.62 for awhile, both with 10.36 and now 10.40.  I know there's a more up-to-date version available, but these ones work fine so I haven't bothered updating (and likely won't for some time).

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Hello,

I just checked and seems like I am running version 355.98 and seems like everything is really smooth for me. Even more on 10.40 than before, but maybe it's just my imagination.

Cheers.

Thanks for the replies Gents,

Maybe I'll give the latest version a go and see what it's like

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

I'm using it, it's working very good!! FPS are great!

Regards, Albert Miu
                                                            CPU: Intel i7 4790k @4.6Ghz GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 8GB OC Motherboard: Asus MAXIMUS VI Hero RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 1866mhz 
                                               PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850W G2 Case: Corsair VENGEANCE C70 Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H110 Monitor: BENQ 1920x1080 Windows: 10 x64 Professional

X-Plane 11 Group:     Facebook

And ladies ;)

Oops My Bad,

My profound apologies to the young lady above :-)

Richard

mmBbmS1.png

Thanks Albert,

Do you mean you are using the latest Nvidia  driver?

Also please disregard this duplicate post. I have no idea why it posted twice !!

Richard

mmBbmS1.png

355.98 here and all fine and smooth !

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Hello,

I just checked and seems like I am running version 355.98 and seems like everything is really smooth for me. Even more on 10.40 than before, but maybe it's just my imagination.

Cheers.

me 2, very smooth fast fps on all my sims.

Based on the multiple recommendations regarding 355.98, it seems I shall be upgrading drivers tonight!

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

I did upgrade to the latest driver on Monday night.

Didn't have too much time but all looked great.

Still need to turn off Threaded Optimization off in Nvidia control panel. With it on I got stuttering. I also run the Vsync on adaptive half refresh rate and it's smooth

Need to spend some more time with DSF on this weekend

Richard 

Richard

mmBbmS1.png

I love DSF, I don't have any FPS problems with this option ON!

Regards, Albert Miu
                                                            CPU: Intel i7 4790k @4.6Ghz GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 8GB OC Motherboard: Asus MAXIMUS VI Hero RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 1866mhz 
                                               PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850W G2 Case: Corsair VENGEANCE C70 Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H110 Monitor: BENQ 1920x1080 Windows: 10 x64 Professional

I love DSF, I don't have any FPS problems with this option ON!

I see you have 4GB VRAM on your card, Mine only has 3GB and that can quickly get used. i get a solid 30FPS except if I am flying over an area of heavy HD Mesh V3 along with heavy weather then I tend to loose 6 - 8 FPS.

I am going to try and sell my GTX 780 and go for something with extra VRAM

Richard

mmBbmS1.png

I see you have 4GB VRAM on your card, Mine only has 3GB and that can quickly get used. i get a solid 30FPS except if I am flying over an area of heavy HD Mesh V3 along with heavy weather then I tend to loose 6 - 8 FPS.

I am going to try and sell my GTX 780 and go for something with extra VRAM

Yes I have 4gb VRAM and I also use HD Mesh v2, I'm afraid my GPU can't cope with Mesh V3. I'm saving for the upcoming GPU's from nVidia. I also have inspector set to lock the FPS at 30, never get below 30 with any plane!

Regards, Albert Miu