Sign in to follow this  
addman

Carenado working on new installers.

Hi, just got a confirmation fron Carenado support that they are indeed working on new installers for their products. They didn't mention which products but I guess all the P3Dv2 compatible ones is a fair assumption.

"Carenado Support, Oct 4, 20:14:

Greetings,

We're making several tests to make our products P3D v3 compatible, but we don't have a date yet.

Regards

Carenado Support"

Good news. From what I understand it may not be necessary. But I'd love to have an official v3 installer for all of my Carenado aircraft. Even the old 185 please!

I've been able to get the aircraft to show up and fly pretty well even using their normal installers from FSX/v2.  So far, the only problem I've run into is that the Navigraph-enabled planes like the Phenom 100/300 and the Hawker 850XP aren't loading their FMS databases, so it's impossible to program flight plans or performance.

Yes good news,  i would like to get the Navajo or Titan both from reports are very good 

They just updated the TBM850 with a P3D v3 installer.

- Bill Magann

How do we know when the installers are updated?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I got a message from PCAviator that a new version was available for download and the installer was just part of the new version.

The TBM is still tough on frame rates in the new version lol.

- Bill Magann

How do we know when the installers are updated?

This. With the X-Plane installers, it was always word of mouth. Never any official information.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Interesting.

Thanks for the tip-off, Bill. Since I buy all my aircraft directly from Carenado there is zero notification that an "update" is in place.

In fact, the "update" flag on my download screen seems deliberately misleading: yes, the version is now 1.x, but when I attempt to install it (not using EMT), it is the same old installer. 

The TBM came up as V2.0. That appears to be the go-ahead for the triple installers.

Thanks again, Bill. Will have to look at the correlation between the X-Plane versions and my hanger to see what else may have changed to 2.0.

John Howell

Prepar3D V5, Windows 10 Pro, I7-9700K @ 4.6Ghz, EVGA GTX1080, 32GB Corsair Dominator 3200GHz, SanDisk Ultimate Pro 480GB SSD (OS), 2x Samsung 1TB 970 EVO M.2 (P3D), Corsair H80i V2 AIO Cooler, Fulcrum One Yoke, Samsung 34" 3440x1440 curved monitor, Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals, Thrustmaster T1600M stick 

Looks like the SR22 has a new installer as well.