Sign in to follow this  
G-YMML1

Ezdok for v3.0

that would be well and good if it actually just stuck to it once on loading. but it happens throughout once im in the cockpit. Sometimes losing keyboard functionality. not sure why. All the correct simconnects are installed.

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

that would be well and good if it actually just stuck to it once on loading. but it happens throughout once im in the cockpit. Sometimes losing keyboard functionality. not sure why. All the correct simconnects are installed.

Not sure if you are replying to the post I just made, or another post, since you didn't quote what you were replying to. If it was my post, this is not a simconnect issue. This is an issue of how long it takes P3D to load up as I said in my previous post. If it takes longer than 50 seconds, you will see this message. It used to be 10 seconds, a few months ago but was changed in a patch of Ezdok to 50 seconds. I just ignore the message, which should stay in the background once going  to full screen with P3D. I have never seen it interfere with any keyboard control, and many people on Facebook have reported this same issue. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Not sure if you are replying to the post I just made, or another post, since you didn't quote what you were replying to. If it was my post, this is not a simconnect issue. This is an issue of how long it takes P3D to load up as I said in my previous post. If it takes longer than 50 seconds, you will see this message. It used to be 10 seconds, a few months ago but was changed in a patch of Ezdok to 50 seconds. I just ignore the message, which should stay in the background once going  to full screen with P3D. I have never seen it interfere with any keyboard control, and many people on Facebook have reported this same issue. 

There is a known conflict with GSX . Even if you change the default settings for GSX. Just hit CTRL-F12 twice and EZDOK is back to normal

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Does camera world works ?

Michael Moe

Hello Michael.   To be completely honest, i don't know. I never used World Camera, only VC and outside views.  I cant check at the moment as i have just done a complete Windows 7 Install (long story)

Maybe somebody else can chip in and confirm if World Camera works or not  

There is a known conflict with GSX . Even if you change the default settings for GSX. Just hit CTRL-F12 twice and EZDOK is back to normal

Michael Moe

The problem with GSX happens after pushback is completed. All you have to do is open the GSX menu, once you get the message from GSX "Have a good flight", with whatever hotkey you have assigned to bring up the GSX menu, and the EZdok functionality is returned, otherwise you lose Ezdok control. If you don't do pushback with GSX, this doesn't happen. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

The problem with GSX happens after pushback is completed. All you have to do is open the GSX menu, once you get the message from GSX "Have a good flight", with whatever hotkey you have assigned to bring up the GSX menu, and the EZdok functionality is returned, otherwise you lose Ezdok control. If you don't do pushback with GSX, this doesn't happen.

Well not on my system. GSX issue starts already as soon as i activate it. Then i open the menu and close it again with CTRL-F12 and EZDOK is back to normal. Setting another hotkey for GSX does not make the issue go a way.

Anyways

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

With all the problems now associated with EZdok I decided to go another way and get Sim Physics for P3Dv3. Neat little program that does head movement, icing, runway center light bump and sounds and much more for 8 bucks on sale. 

I had a problem installing it into my P3Dv3 and did a support ticket. They emailed less than an hour later (on Sunday) and after several emails problem was solved. I have never had that much or that fast of support from any vendor. 

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

EZdok & GSX: Just go back to v 1.7 of EZdok and then you do not need the above workround (hitting the menu key twice). EZdok changed functionality with v 1.18 and then you have problems with the menu windows (such as GSX or SODE). That said, only if you do not need world camera.

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

Do you guys have any good configs for the 737NGX? I read somewhere that the camera (ezdok) shakes when there is wind, turbulence etc. Is that included in a main config, or is that a seperate thing? I would appreciate if someone could post a really good config. There are so many out there already and its hard to choose one :)

try this, it work for me in p3d delete or rename your exe.xml files . may a copy so replace your other addon , then run ezdok config for p3d v3.0

it will rebuild exe.xml and then copy  your missing addon the new rebuild xml file 

hervy l galloway

k I decided to go another way and get Sim Physics for P3Dv3. Neat little program that does head movement,

Can you adjust the level or severity of the shake using this software?

I tried Opus for the head shake.. I like it for the fact that unlike EZDOK it is non intrusive...It doesn't go and change a bunch of files and create a mess in my sim..I run the Opus and I get my head shake..the problem is, even after maximizing the strength of the movement, it is not enough. I prefer the EZDOK strength of the movement (yeah It shakes a lot and I like it but too much install headache and I do not care for its 1000 irrelevant  VC views that it shoves on every aircraft).  I wish there was an option in EZDOK...no new views or just the equivalent of the sims default views (Spot view, fly by, Tower  and VC) thats it..everything else should be optional.. I get blood pressure recycling through million VC views

Not sure what this "cockpit effect" product is from the same vendor. Its the VC movement that I am looking for...but the shake is too subtle for me.. They do have a scale. Not sure what the default is,,the one on you tube video they have  "The roll effect bar can be set between 0% and 200%. Higher value than 100% means that you increase the calculated effect.". Hmmm... 

http://www.thefsps.com/fsx/fsps-3d-real-cockpit-effect.html

Edited to add: its on sale for $5 ..so I bought it..

No good.. Even after increasing the effect to 200% its no better than Opus... I think its using the default P3Ds functionality but changing the parameter to the default values..which seems to have a limit to the movement unlike EZDOK..

So I need to get the EZDOK working and put up  with  the hassle of setting that up and dealing with the 1000 VC cameras If I need the EZDOK level of head movement.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Sorry for the BUMP

Do the links to 1.17, 1.18.7 update still work with EZCA?  It keeps failing, not sure if it is my end or not?

I haven't had too much luck with this add on in p3d v3, but hoping to re-trace my steps.

Many thanks..

Julian

All the links and steps to upgrade still work. Real pain to get working, but it eventually will work. Hoping that EZCA V2.0 materializes. The dev is working on it I believe.

One thing Ive discovered is the issue of keystrokes. Its not GSX that is in conflict. Its the use of any CTRL or SHIFT combination keystroke that is the issue. Apparently there is some sort of bug when using these keys thus why EZDOK would just stop working properly unless restarted. So either remap your keys otherwise you will have to constantly restart EZCA when it goes wonky.

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

All the links and steps to upgrade still work. Real pain to get working, but it eventually will work. Hoping that EZCA V2.0 materializes. The dev is working on it I believe.

One thing Ive discovered is the issue of keystrokes. Its not GSX that is in conflict. Its the use of any CTRL or SHIFT combination keystroke that is the issue. Apparently there is some sort of bug when using these keys thus why EZDOK would just stop working properly unless restarted. So either remap your keys otherwise you will have to constantly restart EZCA when it goes wonky.

Well I can hold off untill V2.0 comes out. Flying is too important at the moment.

Well I can hold off untill V2.0 comes out. Flying is too important at the moment.

I'll post it once more. All you have to do to get Ezdok to get along with GSX, is after doing your push back,  is to momentarily bring up the GSX menu again. First, switch your GSX Hot key to bring up the GSX menu to  Ctrl F1.   Now, when you get the message from GSX that says " Have a nice flight" or something similar after your pushback is complete, the tow vehicle is unhooked, and the GSX marshall is walking away,  just hit Ctrl F1. The GSX menu will then open, hit it again to close it.  Ezdok will now work normally for the rest of the flight.  This takes about 1.5 seconds to accomplish. I do this as part of my after pushback checklist, along with making sure I don't run over the tug or the marshall.  :wink: