Sign in to follow this  
WR269

FS Global Real Weather for X-Plane 10.40

I have also this terrible "stutter" issue which is getting worst during the flight route .Did anyone find any solution?  X-plane Default weather engine with SMP v3 works great with out any issue. But with FSGRW even with  real time/date unchecked ...i have stutters which are getting worst and worst   even with 30 fps.

thanks

Same here, I thought it was being caused by world traffic at first too! 

That is strange, what aircraft are you flying?  U have been using the SAAB 340 for the past week and it has been smooth as silk. Did you uncheck Threaded Optimisation?

If I set all options to "ugly" I don't get the stutters. I don't have first class hardware but found my way to have a nice running XP using reasonable settings. There's something wrong with that weather tool. Official support does not help but you might try it.

I would not advise to buy it as long as it's not sorted out.

described the issue to Stefan from fly2pilots, they investagate the bug , possibly its an issue of XP memory and  FSGRW.

i have this stutter with 777 wordliners, A330 Jar design and A350 FF and the weird part is that fps is stable to 30 fps...

even if i will disable the weather engine  and all plugins + SMP3  the stutter is still there and getting worst and worst.

My pc hardware is : 3930 to 4.8 overclocked , 980 GTX , 32g ram ripjaws 2133 and SSD hard disk only for XP

For sure there is a confict between FSGRW weather engine and X-plane

Intel Core i9-13900K | ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce RTX 4090 GAMING OC 24GB | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | DDR5 64GB 6000-30 Trident Z5 RGB | Corsair ICUE H170i Elite Capellix RGB | Corsair 7000D Airflow ASUS ROG Thor Platinum II 1200 Watt | Samsung SSD 990 Pro NVMe M.2 2TB & 1TB | Alienware AW3423DW | Asus ROG Swift PG279Q 27" Gaming Monitor | VKB-Sim Gladiator Mk.II | Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant Airbus Edition

It's smooth for about 30mins. Then it becomes a nightmare. yes threaded optimization is off. Only happens when running FSGRW.... 

I was reading another thread where people get stutters after a while, developers from XP advised this is most likely due to running out of useable VRAM and the system is having to use system RAM. 

A user chimed in and said he disabled the Skymaxx plug in called "Silverlight" (I think that is what it is called?) and his frame rates came back to normal....then he enabled the plug in again and the flight continued as if nothing had happened. Again, developers advised what this probably did is "flush" the textures and give breathing space to the GPU.

Worth considering...

If that's the case then this is even more of another reason for me to get a 980ti! And I am really really trying not to haha

Seems someone over in YouTube commenting on the new frooglesim video (approach in 727 using plane 10, with hd mesh v3 and sky max pro v3 and FSGRW) has the same issue. Annoying stutter since installing sky max pro v3 and FSGRW. So it has to be one of these adding causing it

Does this smooth the transition from one weather station to another?

Also can it be run on a network PC?

Thanks 

Richard

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

Does this smooth the transition from one weather station to another?

Also can it be run on a network PC?

Thanks 

Richard

Anyone

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

Anyone

It generates dummy weather stations between airports, if there is a large distance between them, but not if the weather stations are near each other.

And it can run on a network PC, but it doesn't really help, since it is not your computer that calculates the weather, it simply downloads it from its servers and gives it to the simulator.

It generates dummy weather stations between airports, if there is a large distance between them, but not if the weather stations are near each other.

And it can run on a network PC, but it doesn't really help, since it is not your computer that calculates the weather, it simply downloads it from its servers and gives it to the simulator.

Thank you,

So do the dummy stations make the weather transitions smoother?

I only asked about the network installation because I like to keep my main PC just for the actual sim

Happy Flying 

Richard

mmBbmS1.png

Seems someone over in YouTube commenting on the new frooglesim video (approach in 727 using plane 10, with hd mesh v3 and sky max pro v3 and FSGRW) has the same issue. Annoying stutter since installing sky max pro v3 and FSGRW. So it has to be one of these adding causing it

From what I've gathered, there are two possible causes of "stutter". One is a network-related issues that FSGRW is said to be releasing a fix for soon. The other is if you're using SkyMaxx Pro and have turned up the cloud draw distance or detail settings; this will force SMP to create more cloud puffs when weather conditions change, and if the number of puffs gets too high, it can result in a noticeable stutter when new conditions come in. The solution is to just turn these settings down until you reach a good compromise for your system.

just downloaded  the new updated patch for  FS Global Real Weather Setup (Version 1.7 Build #032)

no "stutter" issues until now  after almost  1hour and a half flight , everything is smooth with  stable fps at 30

no issues with Efass and SMP3 , everything works great

amazing weather engine ....

• Upvote 1

Intel Core i9-13900K | ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce RTX 4090 GAMING OC 24GB | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | DDR5 64GB 6000-30 Trident Z5 RGB | Corsair ICUE H170i Elite Capellix RGB | Corsair 7000D Airflow ASUS ROG Thor Platinum II 1200 Watt | Samsung SSD 990 Pro NVMe M.2 2TB & 1TB | Alienware AW3423DW | Asus ROG Swift PG279Q 27" Gaming Monitor | VKB-Sim Gladiator Mk.II | Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant Airbus Edition