Sign in to follow this  
WR269

FS Global Real Weather for X-Plane 10.40

Is it me or is there no turbulence generated? NOAA used to rock me about sometimes!

es, you're right Deetee.

I have also reported that at their forums.

FSRxXPro adds turbulence.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Uninstaller since July 2012 when MS ceased development of MS FLIGHT...

I've started using this again now since it became supported on X-Plane (used to use FSGRW with FSX but then upgraded to ASN) and absolutely love it. It's great to finally see a decent weather add-on for X-Plane with proper upper air winds, no abrupt weather updates and proper depiction of dewpoint on METAR (unlike NOAA plugin). I was getting random disconnects from the sim before but the hotfix has since fixed that.

es, you're right Deetee.

I have also reported that at their forums.

FSRxXPro adds turbulence.

I find that there actually is some turbulence. It's a lot more subtle than what you get with NOAA plugin or FSRealWX but it's there, I did a flight in the JAR A330 last night from LTBA to LSGG and it was definitely there during cruise over southern Europe.

Ah ok Michael, that's good to know.

I didn't test it for so long... Will give it a try again some day ....

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Uninstaller since July 2012 when MS ceased development of MS FLIGHT...

There is currently no turbulence in FSGRW. We are just working to add that shortly. 

Not useable for me. Approximately 30 minutes after the start of XPX and Real Wether, my fps stay the same, at least shown by Auto LOD, but it starts stuttering with 1 stutter per second. Tested few times, with and without Real Weather. Looks like a memory leak to me. If I shut Real Weather down, the stuttering continues until a PC restart.

Not useable for me. Approximately 30 minutes after the start of XPX and Real Wether, my fps stay the same, at least shown by Auto LOD, but it starts stuttering with 1 stutter per second. Tested few times, with and without Real Weather. Looks like a memory leak to me. If I shut Real Weather down, the stuttering continues until a PC restart.

Ralf, make sure you dont have the option to sync to real time ticked....it gave me the type of stutters you are describing.

Do you mean sync to real time produces stutter in general, or while running Real Weather? I use that for a long time because I can't decide what time of day to start my flights. Too bad I start working a couple of night shifts today so I don't know when I'll be able to test and report. 13 hours night shift means work, sleep, eat and care for family and the animals.

But I will test it. Many thanks.

I also have this problem..... I wonder if it is a memory leak? 

Ralf, make sure you dont have the option to sync to real time ticked....it gave me the type of stutters you are describing.

Where is this option? As I too have the same problem, flight 30 mins in and terrible stutter....

There is currently no turbulence in FSGRW. We are just working to add that shortly. 

Interesting. I did notice it happen only in variable wind conditions.

I also started noticing stutters and pauses after their most recent hotfix especially during cloudy and overcast conditions. I'll try without the time sync option and see how it goes.

Interesting. I did notice it happen only in variable wind conditions.

I also started noticing stutters and pauses after their most recent hotfix especially during cloudy and overcast conditions. I'll try without the time sync option and see how it goes.

Let us know how you get on as I too am getting the cloud stutters 

Just wondering: Is it possible to evaluate the product before actually purchasing a serial key? I downloaded 1.7 and it seems I'm not able to get past the registration screen...

I have also this terrible "stutter" issue which is getting worst during the flight route .Did anyone find any solution?  X-plane Default weather engine with SMP v3 works great with out any issue. But with FSGRW even with  real time/date unchecked ...i have stutters which are getting worst and worst   even with 30 fps.

thanks

Intel Core i9-13900K | ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce RTX 4090 GAMING OC 24GB | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | DDR5 64GB 6000-30 Trident Z5 RGB | Corsair ICUE H170i Elite Capellix RGB | Corsair 7000D Airflow ASUS ROG Thor Platinum II 1200 Watt | Samsung SSD 990 Pro NVMe M.2 2TB & 1TB | Alienware AW3423DW | Asus ROG Swift PG279Q 27" Gaming Monitor | VKB-Sim Gladiator Mk.II | Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant Airbus Edition