Sign in to follow this  

P3D V3 pushing performance/VAS test videos

Rob,

It looks like  so real. Thanks for your videos.

:drinks:

Ahmet Sanal

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted"

I am seeing a huge difference with MT6 in P3DV3 compared to P3DV2.5. With V2.5 I had MT6 @ 30% and Traffic Manager @ 40 aircraft. At this setting I felt I still had plenty of headroom.

In V3 I am back to MT6 @ 20% and Traffic Manager @ 20 aircraft and this is still right on the limit of causing stutters. I am hoping that down the track I can find a solution for this.

Michael M

Are you sure that it's MyT 6 that's causing this? I'm getting the exact same performance with 30%/10% and the TO set to 50 aircraft within the user "bubble". The only difference is that I am still missing FTX Global Vector and Pilots! mesh in P3d V3. If anything performance should be a hair better in V3.

I am seeing a huge difference with MT6 in P3DV3 compared to P3DV2.5. With V2.5 

Me too, not really sure why ... I'm going to disable SLI to see if that makes a difference.  I have been using the Traffic Manager set to 50 aircraft and I see it working (removing the aircraft), but unfortunately still have lots of stutters whenever any MT6 aircraft comes into frame.  I'll keep digging to see if I can figure out what's going on with MT6 and my setup.

Also made sure I have no AFCAD conflicts.  If I disable MT6 and go back to standard AI traffic, no stutters/FPS issues at all even at 100% AI ... so really puzzled at this one.

Cheers, Rob.

Are you sure that it's MyT 6 that's causing this? I'm getting the exact same performance with 30%/10% and the TO set to 50 aircraft within the user "bubble". The only difference is that I am still missing FTX Global Vector and Pilots! mesh in P3d V3. If anything performance should be a hair better in V3.

Yes Jay I am. If I go into the traffic sliders and reduce to zero all is good again.

I am testing like for like against V2.5 compared to V3 in the way of settings. Only difference for me is I do not have FTX Global and OpenLC installed yet.

I am not sure if the Traffic Manager is releasing the traffic immediately after it does the "delete" cycle. So even at MT6 @ 20% and Traffic Manager @ 20 aircraft I have to wait around 2 - 3 minutes before the stutters are gone. If I reduce traffic sliders they are gone immediately.

Also when I monitor the Traffic Manager after the console window shows it has deleted x number of aircraft the "Last Count' figure stays on the original aircraft number. The last count does not decrease until around the 2 or 3 minute mark.

Even when I feel that the Traffic Manager has released the aircraft I definitely can not carry the same settings as V2.5. Can I ask if you could check your Traffic Manager and see if its behaviour is identical to what you had in V2.5 in terms of time to delete.

Regards

Michael M

.  If I disable MT6 and go back to standard AI traffic, no stutters/FPS issues at all even at 100% AI ... so really puzzled at this one.

Cheers, Rob.

I will try the standard AI later and see what results I get. 

Michael M

System: AMD 7800X3D II Asus X670E Hero MB II 32GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 II RTX4090 II 2TB NVMe Samsung 980 Pro II  EKWB  CR360 AIO II Dell Alienware - AW3821DW 3840 X 1600 G-Sync Ultimate

Great work Rob.  Thank-you.

Michael,

I will do some testing of this tonight.

Jay

And more undocumented tweaks that can increase Autogen Radius, improve shadow quality, etc. etc. 

Huh, increase autogen radius!? Would you mind elaborating on that one?

In my previous post, I referred to a FPS comparison between high-quality and low-quality AI models in FSX, where the difference was quite huge (32 vs 57 fps). I have recently tested it on P3Dv3 and found the difference to be much much smaller (37 vs 33 fps) (but note that the scenario is not comparable to that in FSX. I did set up a comparable scenario in FSX, and found the numbers to be 43 vs 27 running in DX9 and 39 vs 26 in DX10 with Steve's DX10 fixer). The findings from FSX therefore cannot be applied entirely to P3Dv3.

After doing some overall tests, I have come to the conclusion that even with my "mediocre" GPU, the gain in FPS in P3Dv3 becomes more significant the more eye-candy is activated. If I switch off all shadows and water reflections and run a huge amount of AI traffic (as done in the described setup), the FPS in FSX and Prepar3D are almost on par with each other at comparable graphics settings. I attribute that to the dominant load on the CPU. As soon as I add water reflections, volumetric fog and all kinds of shadows (airplanes, buildings, autogen), P3Dv3 gains the upper hand and loses only little FPS, while FSX' performance drops significantly. Activating the shadows and setting the water reflection slider to high brings FSX down to ca. 17 fps, while P3Dv3 is able to keep up with the upper twenties. And this despite the fact that I haven't seen FSX generating autogen shadows at all, while P3D does!  Note again that this is with a CPU-intensive scenario.

Huh, increase autogen radius!? Would you mind elaborating on that one?

There are a couple of settings to increase it, one is simple prepar3d.cfg adjustment and the other requires shader code adjustment.  The prepar3D.cfg adjustments will have more of an impact on FPS than shader code adjustments - shader code is more about size -- bringing up autogen out of the ground by increase their size so they are more visible at the outer edge.  I think I documented the settings some where in one or two of my threads (sorry don't have links and in the office today so no FS PC access).

Cheers, Rob.

in the office today so no FS PC access).

Cheers, Rob.

You actually doing some REAL work, Rob?

:Party:

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Yes ... often very late at night into early morning after answering several 1000 questions  ... I can live on 5 hours sleep, any less and I get grumpy ... can't you tell :)  

Cheers, Rob.

Howdy all...

Wow.... Excellent videos....

i'm Running a hex core xeon wi 24 gigs Ram and a gtx 750ti 2g vram with a little oc.

Using an LG 48" LED TV as a monitor.... should look sharper but seems not.

Cant get my sharpness to look that grand...

Would love to know if I can get my refresh rate down to 30mhz

I also noticed you talk about "NI" What may I ask is that?

Thanks

Will

HI Will,

That's an older V3.0 video, in P3D V3.1 I'm able to push the setting a little more and maintain same FPS as in V3.0.  As far as sharpness, need more info on the resolution of the LG 48" LED TV and what resolution you run in P3D.  I'm guessing you're viewing a 4K video (3840 x 2160) on a 1920 x 1080 TV ... YouTube automatically down-samples my videos (YouTube should start adding uHD tags rather than just HD tags) which will effectively act like another application of AA.

NI = nVidia Inspector you can get from here: http://www.guru3d.com/files-get/nvidia-inspector-download,4.html ... it primarily used to enhance AA in 3D applications ... you'll hear SGSS AA used frequently in connection with NI.  SGSS AA is the best available AA processing but unfortunately it's level of quality comes with a performance penalty (even more so in DX11 based apps like P3D).

At 4K resolution I don't use NI, stay with MSAA 8X (P3D selection).

Cheers, Rob.

I also can confirm that mytraffic 6 is fps and Performance heavy.

I had traffic at 35 % and only got 15 fps at aerosoft heathrow extended an about 350 - 400 mb vas left.

I downloaded the tragfic "Controller" tool here from avsim. And now have about 600-650 left with concorde-x.

And i see that when i start up the controller tool it deletes about 300 ai planes on the first run.

And i think i have a very capable System i7-5820k @ 4.7 ghz and a 980ti with p3d on a 250gb samsung 840 evo ssd

sfo_a320.png

C. W. ,Ryzen 9 5950X @H2O , 32 GB RAM DDR4 3600 Mhz CL15 , Corsair MP600 Pro Watercooled 2 TB for P3D, Samsung SSD980 1 TB for Addons and Crucial MMX500,  Red Devil Ultimate 6900 XT