Sign in to follow this  
pasayten

FTX Vector 1.30 New Installer (P3Dv3)

Hi Rich,

Because I only fly high, I like it for the Main and secondary roads but the thing I like best is the coastlines and water edging. All the rest for me is a waste of time

Totally agree with you Dave on this one but after the last time I tried to dump it I had to reinstall my simulator again - not taking that chance again for beaches - UTX provides that and better imo

Curious Rich, what makes it so horrible

In my case I found my sim to get sluggish after  I installed vector - in turn you take a fps hit - no big deal one should try it out and see if it works well for you but for me it does not and system is no slouch 

Rich Sennett

Totally agree with you Dave on this one but after the last time I tried to dump it I had to reinstall my simulator again - not taking that chance again for beaches - UTX provides that and better imo

In my case I found my sim to get sluggish after  I installed vector - in turn you take a fps hit - no big deal one should try it out and see if it works well for you but for me it does not and system is no slouch 

Richard,

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but the sluggishness you experienced before is still there.  I installed Vector last night and flew a short haul from EGKK to EGCC.  As I made turns along the way, my fps dropped a lot.  In fact, average fps was about 10 frames lower now with Vector.  I also found that it is still very necessary to run AEC prior to flight.  I have a few airports installed from UK2000 and I failed to do so....Manchester was sitting above the ground about 50 feet, but you couldn't tell from the air until landing...you sink below to discover the old Manchester airport, this sucks.

I got out of P3D, only to find that ASN reported the sim still running, which I then had to ctrl+alt+delete and stop the P3D task. :(

I reopened Vector and disabled everything having to do with roads and rail.  I reopened P3D to do another flight from another area and found the fps slightly better, but no where near what I have before, which was a stable and smooth 30fps.

Now, it's time to track down a proper uninstaller...

-Jim

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Sorry to hear jim.

When I installed Vector, I activated every airport I have installed and then ran AEC, then like in 2.5 I only have active the airports am useing. All seemed well last night flying into EKCH at dust it was stunning.

I only have the first and second roads active the first tick box nothing below like underlays, etc. other than that its beachers and golf courses and thats it.

Hope you sort it Jim.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I just installed it last night and have a similar config to David - only highways and primary roads on, nothing else ticked, no railroads, streams or power lines.

Just did a quick test in my stress-test scenario (depart AS LHR with PMDG777, do a circle over Central London and return for a landing at LHR) and I couldn't observe any significant FPS or VAS hit. This was in pretty nasty weather as well with overcast cloud coverage and rain.

I guess it's all down to your system and setup but for me it works fine from what I could see so far. I mainly fly high & heavy so I only need Vector for coast lines, elevation correction and better main roads.

Well thats not good guys thanks for the heads up - I will pass on this install

Rich Sennett

Rich read Max's above  that's a really hard test.

Good test Max.

Ive just done some testing and the below seems to have no impact on FPS or VAS. On both my sim PC and work old pc with FSX on it

Nothing else is turned on, just these.

v1.jpg

v2127df.jpg

Underlay is also do you need it?
No underlay
u1.jpg

With and does look better.
u2.jpg

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Although I have downloaded 1.30 as I had it for FSX, I dont think I will replace my current FTX Global/UTX Europe/America install as it's not just about the fps, it's also about the options and increased variation in UTX - in particular the night lighting. I'm warming to the ground spots ! But if I fly outside the Europe area covered by UTX, what always attracted me to Vector is its global reach.

If only I could find a simple way to turn off the electricity pylons in UTX - it's a single click in Vector. The flickering drives me nuts.

Why should we have to turn all of these features off - just not worth the hassle - UTX would be the better option

Rich Sennett

Why should we have to turn all of these features off - just not worth the hassle - UTX would be the better option

A very good point.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

You don't have to turn anything off.

Running with everything on cost me 4 fps.

A very good point.

Vic

Kind of silly to pay for a product and not be able to use most of it

Rich Sennett

I also pas this installation.Flying tubes and mostly Europa. Had bad experience in FSX with this.

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png