Sign in to follow this  
pasayten

FTX Vector 1.30 New Installer (P3Dv3)

Kind of silly to pay for a product and not be able to use most of it

Richard,

I would agree that it's pretty silly to pay for a product with so many features and we are left to our own devices to figure out what can and can't be run without issues.  Currently, I run Vector 1.30 with all road features off, but everything else on.  I performed a flight yesterday from CYVR to CYYZ (just to see how the OpenLC NA/Canada scenery looked in v3), running ASN, no custom airports (just ORBX's) and I got through a 4 hour flight with no issue.  Slight stutters occurred out of CYVR and coming in to CYYZ, but noting unbearable.  The stability of v3 held rather well and even when I exited P3D, no issues or errors.  I am rather satisfied with my setup now, despite having to leave out a lot of Vector, but that's ok as I can safely get back to tubeliners now and have some fun. 

-Jim

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

I know this is an old topic but I didn't know where else to put it...

I've just installed Vector 1.30 (for FSX) and it looks great!

Only one weird thing... The Vector configuration tool is not installed??

It did not launch after install and I can't find it anywhere on my computer??

I rather turn some things of but now I can't :(

Anyone an idea where to find it or download seperatly??

Thanks!

FTX Central 2 > Settings > Tools > Vector Config Tool

That is for the old FTX Central 2, all users should really now be using FTX v3 or they will not get any further product updates.

FTX Central 2 > Settings > Tools > Vector Config Tool

Ow thank you so much!!

Richard,

I would agree that it's pretty silly to pay for a product with so many features and we are left to our own devices to figure out what can and can't be run without issues.  Currently, I run Vector 1.30 with all road features off, but everything else on.  I performed a flight yesterday from CYVR to CYYZ (just to see how the OpenLC NA/Canada scenery looked in v3), running ASN, no custom airports (just ORBX's) and I got through a 4 hour flight with no issue.  Slight stutters occurred out of CYVR and coming in to CYYZ, but noting unbearable.  The stability of v3 held rather well and even when I exited P3D, no issues or errors.  I am rather satisfied with my setup now, despite having to leave out a lot of Vector, but that's ok as I can safely get back to tubeliners now and have some fun. 

-Jim

If you turn all roads off then you have no roads at all right? Not even the standard roads of fsx?

I turned them off one time for better fps but there were no freeways anymore. Looks kinda silly...

I wish I could just use the coastlines, rivers and beaches but then you fly in a world without roads. Better fps tho