Sign in to follow this  
Driver170

LUA dynamic friction mod 737NGX

This thread, or an edited version of it should be posted in the Tips & Tricks section?

Out if interest, I had to manually make some edits to the .ini file:

After extracting the DynamicFriction Lua to the Modules folder and running P3Dv3, opening FSUIPC and closing it and the sim, all I had was 1 new entry in the FSUIPC.ini file:

[LuaFiles]

1=DynamicFriction

I edited this to be

[LuaFiles]

1=ipcReady

2=DynamicFriction

[Auto]

1=Lua DynamicFriction

I presume this is correct? If not, please advise? Someone (post #40 in this thread I think) mentioned that this should appear in a .cfg file also? It does not appear in my Prepared.cfg file? By the way, my copy of FSUIPC is licensed/registered.

You should NEVER edit the [LuaFiles] section yourself! It is automatically created and updated from the Lua files it finds in the Modules folder, 

Once the numbers are assigned there, they are used in encoded assignments made in Buttons, Axes and Keys section of FSUIPC. Changing those will destroy or mutilate those assignments.

Pete

• Upvote 1

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Whoops, thanks Pete. I will change the [LuaFiles] edit I made back to original. Thus my fsuipc.ini will have the following entries now:

[LuaFiles]

1=DynamicFriction

[Auto]

1=Lua DynamicFriction

With the above [Auto] section having been added manually by myself. Hopefully I did not break anything by fiddling with [LuaFiles] as I do have some controller buttons assigned thru FSUIPC. Will test when back at home this evening.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

Whoops, thanks Pete. I will change the [LuaFiles] edit I made back to original. Thus my fsuipc.ini will have the following entries now:

[LuaFiles]

1=DynamicFriction

Yes. I assume you don't have the ipcReady file in the Modules folder, which is why it wasn't listed. It is only needed if you have initialisation stuff to do from Lua.

Hopefully I did not break anything by fiddling with [LuaFiles] as I do have some controller buttons assigned thru FSUIPC. 

Well, it's unlikely, because the only Lua you could have assigned to is that one, "DynamicFriction", as it's the only one there. It can be useful to assign a key to it if you intend to modify any of the friction values it sets for you. A key assigned to it, for example, would allow you to force it to reload to test the new friction values.

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Thanks Pete,

I have had your FSUIPC for a long time now, think it is time to start scratching beyond the surface (programming buttons and axis') and start getting to understand some of its real "power".

Appreciate you help. Huge respect. :-)

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

Hello folks!

I'm having trouble getting the DynamicFriction LUA to work in P3D. Extracted the LUA file to the modules folder. Added the [AUTO] line in the FSUIPC.ini. Enabled the LUA log file and checked that the LUA is indeed active, but nothing changes in the sim. I used that LUA in FSX and it worked beautifully, but now nothing changes in P3D. Any help is appreciated...

Thanks!

Bruno Oliveira

Just to bump this topic up. I have a brand new P3D installation, with default sim I need around 40% N1 to make FSLABs A320X moving on the ground which is unbelievable, I installed this LUA mod and still need around 30% N1.
In the mean time, this mod works perfectly in FSX:SE. I'm still finding what could be the cause.

Thanks,
Hoang Le

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

On 04/04/2017 at 4:15 AM, Hoang Le said:

Just to bump this topic up. I have a brand new P3D installation, with default sim I need around 40% N1 to make FSLABs A320X moving on the ground which is unbelievable, I installed this LUA mod and still need around 30% N1.
In the mean time, this mod works perfectly in FSX:SE. I'm still finding what could be the cause.

Thanks,
Hoang Le

FSLabs A320 is completely incompatible with the LUA Friction thing, it will totally mess with your braking capability. The latest version of the A320 deals with the friction values by itself and it works good.

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto

34 minutes ago, PhugoidEffect said:

FSLabs A320 is completely incompatible with the LUA Friction thing, it will totally mess with your braking capability. The latest version of the A320 deals with the friction values by itself and it works good.

Hi,

Thank you. I have managed to solved the problem, but I still keep the dynamicluafriction. The only thing I found is that at idle power the aircraft can roll and taxi very easy, which I think is pretty much accurate? Not sure about the autobrake distance.

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

Sorry for being a bit ignorent but i was wondering if someone could give me a link or some source to help me install this (for the 777) ive done a google search but i cant find anything. Thanks alot

Anyone in here knows if the dynamic friction lua is still needed for the latest version of the PMDG NGX in P3Dv4?

Richard Åsberg

2 hours ago, WebMaximus said:

Anyone in here knows if the dynamic friction lua is still needed for the latest version of the PMDG NGX in P3Dv4?

So far, only the 777 received the same improved ground friction modelling of the 747v3. The 737 still uses the default one. 

6 minutes ago, Woozie said:

So far, only the 777 received the same improved ground friction modelling of the 747v3. The 737 still uses the default one. 

He is talking about the fsuipc modification to do what PMDG did before they actually implemented it native.

4 minutes ago, Angelo Cosma said:

He is talking about the fsuipc modification to do what PMDG did before they actually implemented it native.

Exactly and I guess this answers my question that the fix still is required for the NGX.

Read somewhere else though the Lua fix doesn't work in P3Dv4. Can someone confirm that? 

Richard Åsberg

I believe not. Last I heard FSUIPC5 does not hack into P3Dv4's friction tables. It certainly does not log doing so.

Cheers!

Luke

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.

Because SIM1.DLL keeps changing every time an update is released, it is time consuming to find the new offsets, I think this is why Pete has omitted it from v5.

I have posted some information here http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/friction-coefficient-of-taxi-runways-0-023.440794/

if anyone wants to play but be warned, all airfiles have their idle thrust and braking setup for the inaccurate fsim friction coefficient so mofifying sim1 means everything will change.