Sign in to follow this  
amalishkin

is steering in pro version broken

i configured my panel as i had on my previous version with alieron and mouse how ever i can see tiller move in cockpit the wheels are not and thus cant make any turns etc, anyone see this? worked before.  seems like tiller is disconnected from main wheel, i make turns see it turn in cockpit but aircraft is not turning.

let me know.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Make sure the red flags in the gear pin bag are visible.... also of note, you must be on the ground parked with the door open to be able to retrieve the pins- if I remember, by clicking on the storage bag itself. 

I'm under P3Dv3 and never had to remove gear pins, despite a Cold & Dark startup mode.

And I'm able to make turns on ground.

Strange :rolleyes:

Never had to remove gear pins either but the switch on the pilots left to disable steering seems to be in the disabled position by default. once switched mine turns as expected I am using spoiler axis though.

all checked same issue.  can someone see if that maybe a bug, and check their and configure to tiller via mouse+alieron.

Also I was able to insert gear pins after a test flight. (with main door opened, after engines cutoff)

Maybe it stores the pin status for next flight? I'll see...

Thanks a lot guys !

Removing the Pins solved the problem. After all Pro seems to mean Pro :smile:

Greetings

Daniel Schneider

well, i double checked everything and verified pins out etc, still have 0 steering, with ether mouse or alieron or anything.  any ideas?  i installed it as admin with no av running.  but ground steering is not working, i can move tiller in cockpit but it does nothing, if pins installed tiller is locked if pins out tiller moving but not moving the wheel.  worked before pro version but now not.  also in my control panel for dash tiller shows far left arrow and no numbers like its not even recognizing the axis or what ever.  anyways i cant fly this bird without being able to get it up.  alieron and all other axis work fine.  so i am bit stuck.  any idea?

i did change startup to dark and cold, changed it preflight, taxi and no affect. any help would be appreciated.

Just to confirm- are you seeing a nosewheel steering caution (yellow/amber) on the Caution Warning Panel, after engines are started, and the nosewheel steering switch is on?

foudn the issue and fixed it.  there is a switch right above tiller called steering, it wasnt engaged.   as soon as i engaged everything started working as should be.

thanks.

not  the   nose wheel switch your  referring  too, as mentioned  by Brendon above your post?

I think this is the one as there is no other switch related (as far as I know).

But obviously it's part of "After Start checklist" or "Before Taxi checklist", whatever Q400 checklist package used.

So it's quite strange to miss it  :sorry: 

This might sound odd but yes i went through checklist and thought it was that tiller edge button looking thing (i know dont laugh) but in past never had to engage a switch and didn't even know that dash had a switch for the tiller to do nose gear steering, seems odd.  does real dash actually have a switch for steering? if so when would one disable it, isn't tiller is automatically assumed a steering of the plane, just curious. 

does real dash actually have a switch for steering? if so when would one disable it, isn't tiller is automatically assumed a steering of the plane, just curious. 

yes it's real, they talked about it the airline2sim videos, it is normally disabled during pushback. my recollection of the exact reason is foggy, something to do with not accidentally whipping the pushback vehicle around or having the hydraulics countering the steering input from the cart..

cheers

-andy crosby

This caught me out too. I'm so used to the Pilot edition panel state having that switch turned on that I missed it in my flow. Took me a few seconds to work out why I had just nosed into the terminal building.

yes it's real, they talked about it the airline2sim videos, it is normally disabled during pushback. my recollection of the exact reason is foggy, something to do with not accidentally whipping the pushback vehicle around or having the hydraulics countering the steering input from the cart..

cheers

-andy crosby

Oh, the pictures I could show you...

Glad I did a search as this was driving me crazy last night. Will hopefully be better tonight now :)

Glad I did a search as this was driving me crazy last night. Will hopefully be better tonight now :)

Seems like that isnt my problem as I have been flicking the switch for steering but I still cant control the plane during taxing using my yoke (Saitek)

Ok- the switch in the cockpit must be on as well as having the option selected in the control panel (mouse and ailerons), click save and apply. The setting doesn't "take" immediately, the plane must be reloaded after each setting change

Yeah I had all those settings and it just didnt work so as a last resort I uninstalled the dash 8 and reinstalled and now it works fine. Bad install somehow I guess :) Cheers