Sign in to follow this  
air320

CARENADO EMB505 PHENOM 300 HD Series PREPAR3D V3

Hello Patrick,

Yes, I am indeed that Ray Marshall. One in the same at your service.

I'm guessing you are referring to TIM at FSMania, not Terry. Please keep in mind that Tim at FSMania neither works for PMDG or Carenado and has mothing to do with how each of those companies code their add ons for FSX/P3D. Further, Tim makes these tutorial videos out of the goodness of his heart and receives no payment whatsoever from anyone, although he spends his personal money to purchase the add ons and the expensive equipment to make the free videos.

So maybe you should not be so critical of him and his freely donated work.

Just because PMDG does things a certain way when they only have a new add on every couple of years and a fairly large staff of programmers, doesn't at all mean some other company that sells a $49 add on could, or should be expected, to code their add on using the same criteria as PMDG.

When I was a newbee at this flight sim stuff (Aug 2008, I think) I also started with a PMDG product but since have collected hundreds of add ons and I can tell you that no two developers do things the same way. There are no standards as such to cover a hovering mouse and the indication that such movement will or should generate.

Sorry.

Regards,

Ray

Hi Ray

yes you are right about Tim. I am so sorry. I guess it was just my frustration getting the better of me as this was an aircraft I really liked. Carenado have  since told me  at the moment they do not support FSX Steam. Can  you recommend to me something along the same specs. with a G1000 something along he  lines of the jet on your signature

Hi Ray

yes you are right about Tim. I am so sorry. I guess it was just my frustration getting the better of me as this was an aircraft I really liked. Carenado have  since told me  at the moment they do not support FSX Steam. Can  you recommend to me something along the same specs. with a G1000 something along he  lines of the jet on your signature

Patrick,

I wrote you a nice long response and the Avsim forum ate it up and lost it. I'll try again.

First, I wouldn't give up on flying the Phenom 300 in FSX:Steam. I wrote the Avsim review for it using FSX:SE and P3dv2.5. It worked fine in steam for me except for having to reload (Ctrl_Shift +R) which is not a real problem.

You can look into the Flight1 Mustang for FSX. It will not work in P3D but it may work in Steam. Check with the Flight1 team about that. It has a great G1000, great documentation, and an excellent track record in FSX. Slow as heck, but that is the Mustang. It does have a couple of tutorials that are out of date by a few years but are much better than nothing like the for Phenom300.

Carenado should have the Citation CJ2 on the streets soon (maybe a month or two). It will be the next best thing to the Phenom 300. It does not have the G1000 though, it has an early version of the Proline 21. Add Bert's GTN750 mod to the panel and it will be the one to beat for non-G1000 panels. Fast cruise 415 kts or so, flies at FL450 and has the best textures available inside and out.

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

I have the Phenom and the GTN 750 I just bought. Does anyone have the mod to integrate the GTN into the Phenom's panel. Would be greatly appreciated. :smile:

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

I believe the fix is in on the Phenom 300.  This was the default folder where it just installed the expansion pack:  C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\CarenadoNavigraph