Sign in to follow this  
Martin Connor

Cold Weather Issues

What you say makes perfect sense, that must be it!

That we have a FO that actually will take such things as weather and temp into consideration is a very cool thing I think. However looking at this specific feature where he will leave the flaps at 15 I think it should have been accompanied by a modified shutdown checklist where the answer to the flaps challenge would have been anything else but up which doesn't feel right when they in fact are not.

Or maybe IRL you won't run through the shutdown checklist until the flaps have been examined and fully retracted?

What you say makes perfect sense, that must be it!

That we have a FO that actually will take such things as weather and temp into consideration is a very cool thing I think. However looking at this specific feature where he will leave the flaps at 15 I think it should have been accompanied by a modified shutdown checklist where the answer to the flaps challenge would have been anything else but up which doesn't feel right when they in fact are not.

Or maybe IRL you won't run through the shutdown checklist until the flaps have been examined and fully retracted?

Don't ask me why my post was doubled within itself...

Correct, I just looked at the code to refresh my memory.

Logic is:

If the flaps are physically in the full up position, and Final Sector is Yes as per the Option on the Approach Brief page, Electric Hyd Pumps will go off during the shutdown procedure. Otherwise they're left on. So they key is your flaps need to be up.

The Engine driven Hyd pumps are always left on.

Moreover, if it's not the final sector, the windows heat will remain on.

Thanks Bryan, that seems perfectly logical and correct!

Richard Åsberg

Bryan, i noticed one thing between the NGX Cold Weather and the Airbus Cold Weather Procedures. At the gate after the flaps are checked with the Airbus, the ground personnel inform you that the flaps have been checked and are ok to be retracted. In the NGX, ground crew don't say anything. Is this something down the road in an update for the Reboot? Thank you.

rb_banner_driver.png        ugcx_banner.png

Olisa "Ols" Achonye  

USN/USAF  

Hello Everybody,

i have a question too.

What is the trigger to let the FO do the Flap Movement Check after Engine Start?

The Situation was following. Temp around 0°C with Snowfall. I selected WAI and TAI required "On" on the Departure Briefing. After Engine Start i expected to call "leave the flaps up for Taxi" to go to the De-Icing Area and let the Aircraft deiced.

Bute the FO was doing a Flap Movement Check which seems wrong to me because i don't want the Flaps to be moving before deicing of the aircraft.

So is there any way to suppres the Flap movement check to the point after the aircraft gets deiced? On many airports you don't have "On-Gate Deicing" ...

EDIT : Using SOP1

Greetings

Michael

fslabs_banner.png

Hello,

i have "Flaps Movement Check" in the Config set to Off but the FO is still doing this check.

Any Idea why?

Greetings

Michael

fslabs_banner.png

Having checked the tutorials and trawled the first 25 pages of this sub-forum, this seems to be the most recent post regarding cold weather and retracting the flaps after landing.

Would I be right in summarising the situation as follows:

1. If the runway is marked as "Contaminated" in the Approach Briefing, the FO will bring the flaps up to 150 and leave them there.
  2. At the gate, the real world procedure is that the ground crew ensure that the flaps are clear of slush etc and advise the cockpit when they can be retracted completely.  This isn't modelled in Reboot although the implication is that it was intended to be in UGCX.
  3. In the meantime, I as PF must retract the flaps fully before starting the Shutdown Checklist, otherwise it stalls at the "Flaps?" stage.  I've tried every combination of command words I can think off to make the FO move on  but unless I lie and say they're up he' (or she) isn't having it!

NB I haven't asked when UGCX will be released! 

ngxu_banner.png

OK thanks, that's clear.  

ngxu_banner.png