Sign in to follow this  
Dougal

Why Lock My Thread?

What is going on here Vic?

You locked my thread JUST IN CASE it might go south!!!!???

It was a VERY simple question I asked and because you personally dislike the product in question, you lock the thread. IMO that is an abuse of your position.

Not that anyone will give a hoot, but Im utterly astounded and really disappointed - i've never in all my years here, seen a thread locked in such an off handed way.

I THOUGHT this was a discussion forum?

• Upvote 4

Reading your post, I too agree it never should have been locked... this is a very odd place at times for sure.

I too have similar questions to the current state of the "tool" mentioned and how it currently works with 3.1.

I've got a plane that is perfectly legal to install in my version of P3D, but apparently requires the use of the tool due to an outdated installer.  Having never tried the tool, I was about to ask a similar question and would like to know the answer.

Absolutely absurd we can't discuss this here.

• Upvote 1

Not directly related, Phil, but weirdly, I have just had a reply to MilViz's Bargain Hunter 50% off deleted.

Reading your post, I too agree it never should have been locked... this is a very odd place at times for sure.

Agreed.

It's the only way I could get UTII to work in P3D3.1, which, by the way, is still working perfectly.

Mark

Its like being hit with water from the sky when there was no rain, I was following the thread hoping for some good info then it got locked for personal opinion WOW.

Well its a donation forum is all I can say, and for the moderators that actually help instead of getting in the way, thanks to you.

I've been here many years ans seen many changes, this being among the worse. Personally, i believe i'm owed an apology, but i'll not hold my breath;-) I'll just quietly drift away to where the atmosphere is friendlier...

Its been fun;-)

• Upvote 1

Not directly related, Phil, but weirdly, I have just had a reply to MilViz's Bargain Hunter 50% off deleted.

Huh?  No posts were deleted to my knowledge and I have access to the IPB which tells me everything that happens here in the AVSIM forums.  We do not delete posts.  We might hide a topic or post but we do not delete them.  I looked and we did not hide or delete any posts in the Milviz topic.

I know it sounds weird, but it's the truth....

Best regards,

What is going on here Vic?

You locked my thread JUST IN CASE it might go south!!!!???

It was a VERY simple question I asked and because you personally dislike the product in question, you lock the thread. IMO that is an abuse of your position.

Not that anyone will give a hoot, but Im utterly astounded and really disappointed - i've never in all my years here, seen a thread locked in such an off handed way.

I THOUGHT this was a discussion forum?

Why couldn't you send a PM to Vic instead of publicly accusing him?  He has a right to close any topic.  If you look at the AVSIM Terms of Service you will see there is no freedom of speech here at AVSIM.  If, in the judgment of any volunteer moderator a topic is going South, he can lock it.  I'm really upset with your accusations as you have been a good long time member here and I respect you a lot.  But to accuse one of our moderators publicly is inexcusable and will not be tolerated.  The following is from the AVSIM Terms of Service:

Threats and Intimidation of Staff and Members: AVSIM is operated by dozens of volunteers who enable your enjoyment and use of the AVSIM system. Any harassment, threats, or other objectionable behavior toward them or fellow community members will result in the harshest of consequences. This is a "One Strike and You are Out" offense. There are no excuses for abuse of our volunteers and members and none will be tolerated.

This topic is locked.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Phil - haven't been on the forums for a bit so I missed all this - I PM'd you and also posted in another thread - my locking had nothing to do with you personally and was not intended as any sort of reprimand. My apologies if I offended you personally.

@hesynergy - I prefer to be proactive rather than reactive - sometimes that does pull the leash a bit tight. But be aware I DID mull over about what I was doing in the EMT post and made a decision.

under the same circumstances and for the same reasons I would do the same thing but not as a criticism of the member.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors