Sign in to follow this  
Driver170

Landing gear extension speed.

I can't drop the gear down unless i'm below 250kts but the limitation allows speeds up to 270kts?

Vernon Howells

From the aircraft.cfg Airspeed limit for retraction=245 KIAS.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

I had this problem. Ryan and some other members found out that you have to remove "aircraft stress causes damage" tick in realism settings.

I'd better wouldn't mess with aircraft.cfg.

question has to be asked why would you want to lower the gear above 250 for in the first place?

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I was testing things for smoothness because of some changes, i had lowered the gear for fun.

Vernon Howells

question has to be asked why would you want to lower the gear above 250 for in the first place?

Increase one's rate of descent, perhaps? Not necessarily standard, but if high and fast the option of early gear extension is not to be discounted...

Increase one's rate of descent, perhaps? Not necessarily standard, but if high and fast the option of early gear extension is not to be discounted...

It does not necessarily pertain to this aircraft,  but an emergency descent in the airplane I fly calls for extension of the landing gear. The causes more drag so when you pitch down to maintain the maximum gear extension speed (181 knots in my case), your rate of descent happens quickly.

• Upvote 1

Nick Hatchel

"Sometimes, flying feels too godlike to be attained by man. Sometimes, the world from above seems too beautiful, too wonderful, too distant for human eyes to see …"
Charles A. Lindbergh, 1953

System: Custom Watercooled--Intel i7-8700k OC: 5.0 Ghz--Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7--EVGA GTX 1080ti Founders Edition--16GB TridentZ RGB DDR4--240GB SSD--460GB SSD--1TB WD Blue HDD--Windows 10--55" Sony XBR55900E TV--GoFlight VantEdge Yoke--MFG Crosswind Pedals--FSXThrottle Quattro Throttle Quadrant--Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS--TrackIR 5--VRInsight MCPii Boeing

I think Ryanair might want a word with you Vernon.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip