Sign in to follow this  
G MIDY

FSLabs Concorde Released

UPDATE:

Finally got the box in Steam "Enable Steam Overlay In-Game" to stay "unchecked - that did the trick!  All keys & shortcuts appear to be working, fingers-crossed...  Now I can try the Barbados route (where I honeymooned many years ago). 

At 15ft callout disengage autothrottles and a/p.

But isn't that cheating? :P The tutorial states that when the main wheels touch, A/T and AP should be disengaged.

This sounds good to me. The initial reports I read indicated that you couldn't even load the plane with a high resolution monitor.

Ted

Got even better news for you. Just did a quick test and my VAS result was a total of 'only' 2.9GB. Here's what I did:

- First loaded the default Piper in full resolution

- Started the ProjectFly VAS monitor (freeware)

- Put P3D to windowed mode with ALT + Enter

- Loaded the preliminary scenario file of Concorde X from P3D menu (where you start at EGLL)

- When loading and initiation finished, put the screen back to full window

- Opened nearly all available 2D panels the aircraft has to offer

- Switched to outside view and panned around for a while

- Looked at the VAS usage and smiled

All this at medium (but still decent) graphics settings and 200+ AI aircraft in range of the airport and some clouds (using soft clouds though).

Really, I imagine if you do this with FSX, your PC is going to melt through the floor.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, PANEL_STRETCHING has to be at 0 in prepar3d.cfg.

But isn't that cheating? :P The tutorial states that when the main wheels touch, A/T and AP should be disengaged.

In my tutorial (v1.2) it states that throttles reduced to idle at 15ft.

Someone once asked on the forum what would happen if the A/P and auto-throttles were engaged when the aircraft landed. "Crash" was the answer.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Mine does also say idle at 15 feet but the other items when landed. At my first try I ended up in the grass on the other side of the runway because of this. Thanks again Ray :hi:

ap,

Yes indeed it does say AP and AT should be disengaged on main gear touchdown but just bear in mind you are doing the work of 2 people at a time when a lot of things need doing very quickly.

The tutorial is based on an autoland which you will probably stick to until you're more familiar with the aircraft. Manual landing is probably easier with the workload but requires greater skill.

Try not to damage the grass too much. :wink:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Is anyone else experiencing stutters anywhere between Mach 1.7 and 2.0? Already noticed it when I first did the tutorial, now I'm practicing takeoff and climb and I have the same issue. Might do some tests on another route..

Ok it seems the stutters occur as soon as I move the aircraft, especially when panning around. At the FSLabs forums someone claimed to have the same issue, but the thread went completely off track... Is there no solution yet?

Ok it seems the stutters occur as soon as I move the aircraft, especially when panning around. At the FSLabs forums someone claimed to have the same issue, but the thread went completely off track... Is there no solution yet?

I looked back at stuttering threads in the FSLabs Concorde forum and one culprit was SweetFX. You could try disabling that if you have it.

Other than that I don't know how to help but I suggest you post on FSLabs and not here. You're far more likely to get help from the author.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I looked back at stuttering threads in the FSLabs Concorde forum and one culprit was SweetFX. You could try disabling that if you have it.

Other than that I don't know how to help but I suggest you post on FSLabs and not here. You're far more likely to get help from the author.

I don't have sweetfx anymore and already tried different driver settings, no change at all. FPS are good though..

Max,

Reading back through your posts these stutters seem to be a recent thing. Or have they been there from the start but you failed to mention them?

Have you posted on FSLabs forum and if not, why not? This place is not the support forum.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I´m experiencing this too, and have reported so on the FSLabs forum.

Since the Concorde is the only plane I´m flying these days (it takes forever to master - and I love it :D ), I find that these random stutters/jitters while looking around so extremely irritating, that last night I did the following: 

1. Saved a flight in the middle of the atlantic, daytime, at mach 2.02.

2. Reloaded the flight, let it run for a minute after the initialisation was complete, and then panned 180* left, then 360 right* (completing a full turn). 

3. Took note of any stutters. 

4. Used DisplayDriverUninstaller (DDU) to remove the nVidia drivers. The base was 361.43 - the one that seems to work best with P3D 3.2.3

5. Installed an older version driver. 

6. Added Prefer Max Performance and Single Display Performance Mode in the Application Profile in Nvidia Control panel

7. Added a custom resolution @30hz refresh rate for my monitor, in order to use VSYNC in P3D.

8. Started from step 2, and repeated the process. 

In the end, I tested every version from 361.43 back to 358.87 (have also tested the newer once earlier), but none of them made any difference. If any, they were worse than 361.43. FPS was glued to 30 all the time, even when the stutters occur. 

I reverted back to the original driver, and disabled EZDok in exe.xml. That made a difference!  Moving the view around with spacebar + mouse is far smoother. 

Could this be a SimConnect issue? Could it be that both ConcordeX and EZDok is heavily dependent on SImConnect, and that messages/instructions from EZDok, i.e dynamic head movement, sometimes are delayed/dropped because another application is occupying the SimConnect interface, hence the subjective stuttering, not caused by simulator hesitations? 

The stutters seems to intensify in occurrence when the aircraft is closer to the ground, and the weather intensifies. If my theory is somewhat correct, that might explain why that is: there are probably a lot more going on over SimConnect when the aircraft is approaching an airport - in all respects - hence the intensified stuttering. 

I have yet to try another camera solution, to see if this is in fact a direct EZDok issue, or something else, like SimConnect versions etc. 

Max,

Reading back through your posts these stutters seem to be a recent thing. Or have they been there from the start but you failed to mention them?

Have you posted on FSLabs forum and if not, why not? This place is not the support forum.

I have just signed up in their forum and waiting to be accepted. Those stutters are quite unique and only happen with the Concorde. With other planes like the Dash 8 I have far less to almost no stutters at all except when the framerate drops at highly detailed airports, but that is normal.

I´m experiencing this too, and have reported so on the FSLabs forum.

Since the Concorde is the only plane I´m flying these days (it takes forever to master - and I love it :D ), I find that these random stutters/jitters while looking around so extremely irritating, that last night I did the following: 

1. Saved a flight in the middle of the atlantic, daytime, at mach 2.02.

2. Reloaded the flight, let it run for a minute after the initialisation was complete, and then panned 180* left, then 360 right* (completing a full turn). 

3. Took note of any stutters. 

4. Used DisplayDriverUninstaller (DDU) to remove the nVidia drivers. The base was 361.43 - the one that seems to work best with P3D 3.2.3

5. Installed an older version driver. 

6. Added Prefer Max Performance and Single Display Performance Mode in the Application Profile in Nvidia Control panel

7. Added a custom resolution @30hz refresh rate for my monitor, in order to use VSYNC in P3D.

8. Started from step 2, and repeated the process. 

In the end, I tested every version from 361.43 back to 358.87 (have also tested the newer once earlier), but none of them made any difference. If any, they were worse than 361.43. FPS was glued to 30 all the time, even when the stutters occur. 

I reverted back to the original driver, and disabled EZDok in exe.xml. That made a difference!  Moving the view around with spacebar + mouse is far smoother. 

Could this be a SimConnect issue? Could it be that both ConcordeX and EZDok is heavily dependent on SImConnect, and that messages/instructions from EZDok, i.e dynamic head movement, sometimes are delayed/dropped because another application is occupying the SimConnect interface, hence the subjective stuttering, not caused by simulator hesitations? 

The stutters seems to intensify in occurrence when the aircraft is closer to the ground, and the weather intensifies. If my theory is somewhat correct, that might explain why that is: there are probably a lot more going on over SimConnect when the aircraft is approaching an airport - in all respects - hence the intensified stuttering. 

I have yet to try another camera solution, to see if this is in fact a direct EZDok issue, or something else, like SimConnect versions etc. 

I have yet to test this as I also run EZDok. It sounds like this really could be the issue because even with a locked framerate of 30 the stutters are there, no matter where I fly. This can be over the ocean at FL570 at Mach 2 or during takeoff/approach in dense/less dense areas. As long as the aircraft sits on the ground unpowered it seems to be a lot smoother.

I have just signed up in their forum and waiting to be accepted. Those stutters are quite unique and only happen with the Concorde. With other planes like the Dash 8 I have far less to almost no stutters at all except when the framerate drops at highly detailed airports, but that is normal.

Well Concorde is heavy on resources so it's bound to have an effect but with FSX:SP2 I experience none of the problems you mention.

I have yet to test this as I also run EZDok.

It would have helped if you had mentioned this earlier. What other 3rd party utilities are you running? With any performance problem I would always suggest stripping out 3rd party utilities and then if the problem goes away then you have your answer.

Anyway, let's see how your problem is handled on the support forum.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather