Sign in to follow this  
G MIDY

FSLabs Concorde Released

Hey Ray, How about you explain how to get pass FL180 since it appear you know way more than me in complex aircraft?

Show me a screenshot of the panel at the point where you're having problems. I can't just give you guidance without seeing the state of the aircraft.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Show me a screenshot of the panel at the point where you're having problems. I can't just give you guidance without seeing the state of the aircraft.

If it helps I indicated in my original post that panel was loaded in "ready for take off" state provided curtesy of FSLABS in a stock installation

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Okay. So you're on the runway and ready to take-off. But that doesn't explain why you can't climb beyond FL180. Are you following the guidance in the tutorial?

I need more info.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Sdflyer, Im not sure either why you would have problems. Sounds like you were having the auto throttles engaged in either speed hold or ias mode, which is not the proper way to use them on the climb. Insteadyou should have your throttles fully forward at approx 105% n1 and engage either pitch hold, vertical speed mode or ias hold on the right side on the mcp. This adjusts your vertical performance without adjusting your throttles so you keep them at max performance. If you engage your auto throttles while being in for instace vertical speed mode you will notice that the auto throttle light does not illuminate. Instead itgoes into passive mode and only activates when you are reaching a set altitude. At that point the AT systemwill decrease engine thrust and go into ias or mach hold mode.

If you on the other hand use the AT modes during climb (ie ias hold mode light illuminated) then your thrust will keep going up anD down and you will easily go into pio (pilotinduced occillation). 

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

Ok, did some more testing of this today and have some more info to report.

In my tests yesterday that I posted, I was starting both scenarios in a 1920x1080 sized window.  Today, I loaded the same Concorde-X situation in a full screen (no stretching =0 in cfg) 3440x1440 window and VAS was immediately similar to the "stretched=1" setting, and the 2D panels were obnoxiously big and already "stretched" if that makes sense.

So, the key to saving the VAS using the panel stretch =0 trick is to initially load the sim in a 1920x1080 window, and then once your preferred Concorde-X situation or flight is loaded and started, resize the window to whatever you like.  When doing it this way, I can run the sim at 3440x1440 with essentially the same VAS usage as 1920x1080 because the memory hungry 2D panels are still the 1920x1080 size if that makes sense.

As a bonus, they actually look much better at the 1920x1080 non-stretched size even while running the sim at 3440x1440.

Still a fantastic discovery by Duke, just make sure you load the flight initially in a window around the recommended 1920x1080 size then size up window to larger with minimal VAS increase that I can tell up to 3440x1440.  Higher might be fine too, but that's my monitor size.

Could you do a test where you resize the panels to 1/3 of their original size and load the sim immediately at 3440x1440 with 'stretched=0'? I know this requires some time to adjust all those panels but I'm sure it would help a lot of people here running multi monitor setups, me included. I still haven't purchased the aircraft, but I'm still on the fence now as this tweak gives me hope that it will run without crashing my sim. I'd like to buy it for P3D also btw.

Hi Max,

Being I'm not too used to 2D panels, how would I go about doing what you propose?  The easy solution is to load in a 1/3 sized window, and then scale to full screen while panel stretch=0.  This would keep all the panels the size you are after and keep VAS usage way down.

On a positive note, FlightSimLabs has acknowledged this as a recommended tip if wishing to run at a higher than 1920x1080 resolution.

It is working great for me running at 3440x1440 if I first load at a lower res window at launch.

Allen,

That's already great news.

Does the Concorde have a panel folder? Normally every aircraft has such a folder with a panel.cfg in there. You can edit this file and change the screen location, size etc. for each 2D panel.

Hello

I finally bought this plane, I have been wanting to buy it since it came out but never did until now. I have been playing with it for a few days. I have to warn you, this plane is awesome IMHO, but if you don't want to mess with the nuts & bolts, it isnt for you. I finally got it off the ground and flying but it crashed on me because my resolution wasnt at 1920 x 1080 I guess.  I enjoyed the whole process with the preparation, I can tell you it takes alot of patience to fly it. I am sure it will be rewarding once I fly it over the pond.

David G

I also got this lovely bird a number of weeks ago. Did the tutorial (excellent by the way) and managed to get the plane from EGLL to KJFK. After that I made a couple of flights that ended in my first ever OOMs. After tuning down the settings (I made a "Concorde" profile using the excellent Simstarter program) she now never eats all my VAS. It has taken me maybe ten flights but now I can say I am slowly getting the hang of it. It is a loverly aircraft that's for sure. It is so different from the Boeings and Airbuses out there. I love the old-school INS navigation and the steam cockpit. Yes, the VC is not up to todays standards, but I think it does the job. 

Highly recommend getting this aircraft. I have never been all that interested in the Concorde, however it really grows on you. Actually I have always thought it is among the uglies aircraft out there. Now it's one of the more beautiful ones.

Sitting and tinkering with the aircraft I thought to my self the other night "what a shame this lovely piece of marvellous engineering doesn't fly in the real world anymore".

• Upvote 2

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

Here! Here! Richard, my sentiments too!

Martin Parr

Retired professional yacht skipper for vessels up to 46m

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

This looks like an amazing product, and I can't wait to get one and take it out for a spin.  But I am going to wait a bit until I have a little more free time because I think it's something I'm really going to want to immerse myself in and I really want to fly it like it's meant to be, with some skill built up.  I've seen the Concorde up close at EAA, and I would have bought one of the tickets to Toronto and back they offered, but I paid my tuition instead.  The Concorde was truly inspiring and left an impression on me that lasted.

I read an article recently at wired about new supersonic research: http://www.wired.com/2016/02/boom-nasa-wants-to-bring-back-supersonic-x-planes/

Think of how much time you'll save when you fly Concorde. This is one of my favourite hops. Manchester, England down to Lisbon, Portugal.

1037nm flown in 1hr 20m. It takes conventional aircraft another hour on top of that! :BigGrin:

Here's my position at 50 min after take-off. Two minutes from the descent procedure.

EGCC-LPPT.png

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Finally bought this great aircraft and I must say, despite it being an old dog in terms of visuals it is a joy to learn to fly. I have one question though..following the tutorial on the descent part, it says that at 350kts I have to engage IAS HOLD. A minute earlier it was mentioned that AT1 must be switched off at the DECEL point. Problem is I can't get IAS HOLD to engage without AT1 being active, thus resulting in airspeed drop. Is that an error in the tutorial or am I doing something wrong?

Ah thank you, didn't see that there is 2 of them (shortly noticed that the tutorial points at the second one). But what's the reason for 2 IAS HOLD and MACH HOLD buttons and why does one work in that case but the other doesn't?